- Text Size +
Chapter 19
Kevin took Tara to one of the fanciest places in town. It was a little Italian restaurant. When they walked in Tara gasped.
“Kevin this is gorgeous” she breathed.
It was a very dressy and classy looking place with a dimly lit chandelier that looked like it cost millions. There was a dance floor in the middle of the room and all the tables were glowing with candles.
“I know it’s the best place in town” he replied.
Kevin grabbed Tara’s hand and walked up to the hostess. “Reservations for two”.
The hostess looked up from the stand and her eyes got wide. “You’re your you” she stuttered.
Kevin rolled his eyes in agitation and plastered on a smile “Hi I’m Kevin”. “We have a reservation under Richardson”.
Tara couldn’t help but giggle a little at the scene. The Hostess looking ready to pass out any second with Kevin looking frustrated trying to force a smile.
“Uh yes got you right here” she finally said looking at the paper and than back at Kevin. “Do you prefer smoking or non smoking”?
Kevin looked at Tara. “You have a specific one”?
“No whatever you choose is fine with me” she answered.
Kevin turned back to the hostess “Whatever section has the best table”.
She nodded and grabbed a couple of menus and seated them in a quiet corner.
Tara opened her menu and nearly had a coronary at the prices. She looked over at Kevin who was busy looking at his own.
“Uh Kevin are you sure this is ok”.
“Kevin looked over at Tara confused. “ You don’t like Italian”? “because if you don’t we can go somewhere else”.” I just thought I recall you telling me once that your favorite kind of food was Italian”.
“I love Italian Kevin it’s not that at all” Tara replied.
Kevin gave her a confused look but eventually caught on.
“Oh I get it” he gave her a warm smile. “Look this is our first date and I want it to be special so please don’t worry about the cost”.
“It’s just that I don’t want you to think that I expect you to spend so much money on dinner or anything else” “It’s not the reason that I like you so much”.
Tara clamed a hand over her mouth once she realized what she had said. Kevin looked at her and a grin spread across his face and than he busted out laughing. Tara gave him the evil. “What’s so damn funny”?
Kevin shook his head after a few moments. “I was laughing because I really like you too”.
“You do” Tara asked skeptically.
“Yeah I do” he answered. “I really didn’t think that you liked me”.
“I have since before we started touring and than I got to know you and I continued to like you even more” She explained.
“That so great” Kevin said. “And I know that it’s not for the money”. “So relax and order what you want”.
Tara began to relax and a few minutes later the waiter came by and took there orders. After he was gone Kevin stood up and held out his hand. “Can I have the honor of dancing with you”?
Tara grinned and stood up and accepted his hand. “I would love too”.
Kevin guided her to the dance floor where a soft ballet was playing. Tara closed her eyes and inhaled the scent of Kevin’s cologne. Kevin twirled her and than dipped her. When he pulled her back up he whispered into her ear “Will you be my girlfriend”?
Tara smiled and nodded.
Kevin than held her tighter and planted a big kiss on her lips. All of a sudden applause broke out and both Kevin and Tara looked around to see all the people on the dance floor awing at them and clapping.
Tara blushed and settled back into Kevin’s arms. “This is like a fairytale” The thought. “Life can’t possibly get any better”.

Back at the dressing room De told Nick the whole story of what happened in her past with Andrew. She watched as Nick looked at her in horror whenever she told him about all the names he had called her and when she had mentioned all the times he had beaten her so bad that she almost died his face looked angry.
“ And when the neighbors called the cops after the last time when he nearly threw me out the window I finally testified against him and he was to be put in jail for five years” De explained.
“And it’s been five years”? Nick asked.
“No actually it’s only been three but I guess he made parole for good behavior.
Nick took her into his arms. “Well I can assure you that you saw the last of him”.
“I hardly doubt that” De told him breaking out of his arms and grabbing her stuff off the floor.
“No I’M serious” Nick said getting up. “I am hiring you a body guard”.
“Nick that’s not necessary” De assured him.
“Nope not up for discussion” Nick replied holding up his hand.
“I can take care of myself”. She argued. She hated it when guys treated her like a hopeless cause.
“I know that you can take care of yourself but I am doing this for your own good”. He argued back.
“Whatever” De huffed walking out of the dressing room and on to one of the busses with Nick close behind.

Once De reached the hotel Nick walked her up to her room where AJ was standing.
“AJ what the hell are you doing” De asked.
“Oh hey I was just about to knock” he answered. “I am looking for Callie”.
“She isn’t here” De told him while opening the door and ushering the two boys in.
“Oh where did she go”? He asked curiously.
“On a date” she replied.
AJ looked at her sadly. “Oh” “I was hoping to talk to her”.
“You haven’t talked to her yet” De asked him surprised. “Why the hell not”?
“Every time I try Sara interrupts or we are so busy that I don’t get the chance” he explained. “Do you mind if I stay here and wait for her”?
“No I don’t mind” De sighed. The three sat down on the couch while De flipped through the channels trying to find something to watch. Finally she found one of her favorite shows. “The simpsons”.
“So Callie’s on a date huh” AJ said filling up the silence.
“Yep” she muttered her eyes glued to the TV.
“What’s his name” Nick asked.
“Drew” she muttered.
De’s cell phone suddenly started to ring. “God damn it can’t I watch my fucking show”.
She got up and answered it. “Hello”.
“Hey De what’s going on” a voice asked her
“What do you want Andrew”.
At the mention of his name Nick got up and attempted to take her cell phone but she was faster and swatted his hand away.
“Come and meet me at the warehouse on Fifth Street” he instructed her.
“No way” she exclaimed.
“I have something that might make you change your mind” he answered snidely.
“And what’s that” she challenged.
She heard voices in the background and than a familiar girls voice came on.
“He De you have to help me”.
“Who the hell is this” she demanded not being able to place the voice.
“Its Callie” the hysterical voice told her.
“Callie what the hell is you doing with him” She asked
AJ’S head perked up when he heard Callie’s name and was instantly next to Nick.
De held out her cell phone so they all could hear. “Its Drew he tied me up” she whispered.
Than she heard the phone makes a noise and than Andrew’s voice was back on. “So are you coming or are you going to let your friend here get it”?
“Ill be there” De told him firmly.
“Good” he replied and than there was the dial tone.
“I can’t believe that her boyfriend is working with Andrew” Nick replied shaking his head. “ IM coming with you”.
“ me too” AJ replied eagerly.
“ Ok but let me think a minute” she told them.
“ How could her boyfriend know Andrew and how come they went after Callie and not you”? AJ wondered aloud.
For a few minutes everything was quiet. Suddenly De’s eyes flew up. “ I know exactly what this is about”. she cried snapping her fingers.
AJ and Nick both looked at her confused.
“ think about it is not rocket science” she told them.
When they still continued to look at her like a deer in headlights she rolled her eyes and explained. “ See don’t you get it Drew and Andrew are the same person hence the drew part of Andrew”.
The boys shook there head finally starting to understand. De continued “ See when Andrew went to jail he swore he would get back at me and than he said that he had revenge planned and to wait and see”. “ The revenge is using a good friend to get to me”.
“ Oh so what’ the plan” AJ asked.
“ Come on Ill figure out on the way” She replied.
The three were out the door in a rush.