- Text Size +
Chapter 2
A week later Callie pulled up to the studio building in her blue convertible. Today was her first day to practice with the group of dancers and the Backstreet boys. She was so nervous yet so excited all at the same time. Callie opened the door and walked in to find John Jenkins waiting for her in the lobby,
“ Well you are right on time Callie is it” He said.
Callie nodded. “ Yes it is”
“ Well I will show you to the practice room again” He said.
Callie followed him up a few floors to the studio room where she had auditioned. Once John opened the door Callie saw a group of dancers along with the boys up front finishing up a dance routine or at least that’s what Callie thought was going on. She watched as they all did it perfectly all together. Once the sing had finished John clapped getting everyone in the room his full attention.
“ That was really good everyone” He complimented. He pushed Callie up to the front. “ Callie I want you to meet Fatima the choreographer”.
“ Its nice to meet you Callie” Fatima greeted shaking her hand. Fatima was a average looking woman who was very muscular looking and long jet black hair.
“ Nice to meet you too” Callie replied.
“ She is the new dancer I was telling you about” John explained.
“ Everybody this is Callie the new dancer that’s taking over for Jenny” Fatima told the group. Fatima pointed towards two girl’s in the back. “ You will stand between those two they will help you with the steps till you catch up” Fatima told her.
Callie nodded and took her place. Once she was in place the girl on the left turned to her. “ Hey IM Tara” she introduced herself holding out her hand.
Callie returned the handshake. Tara had curly brownish blonde hair and warm brown eyes.
“ The girl next to you is Deidre but we all call her De for short” Tara explained.
De turned to her and stuck out her hand. “ Its nice to meet you”.
De was shorter than Tara but as usual Callie was shorter. De had blonde hair and green eyes. She seemed to be more outgoing and had a tougher side than Tara did.
“ Ok people let’s take it from the top” Fatima called interrupting the conversation.
For he next couple of hours Callie went through all the dance routines for the shows and with the help of De and Tara she had almost all of them down pat.
“Ok rehearsal is over for today I will see everyone tomorrow” Fatima called.
Callie walked over to her stuff in the corner of the room and pulled out her water bottle. Tara and De walked over to her.
“ Hey you want to meet the guys” Tara asked.
Callie shrugged. “ Sure I’d love to”. “ They are my favorite band”.
“ Mine too” Tara said.
“ Yep me too” De agreed.
“ Hey guys come over and meet Callie” De called.
The five guys came over. “ Hey Callie” Kevin greeted with a smile.
All the others came over and said hello Nick put an arm around De.
“ Eww Nick your too sweaty” She said with disgust.
Nick grinned. “ Oh come on’.
De reached over and smacked him on the head.
Callie leaned over and whispered to Tara “ Are they going out”.
Tara shook her head. “ No but they are really close friends that flirt all the time”. “ They flirt so much and you can tell that they like each other but haven’t admitted to each other” She explained.
“ Oh”Callie replied watching the two flirt playing touchy feely. “ I can see which one is her favorite”.
Tara laughed. “ Yeah” “ We all notice the attraction between them and all think they should go out but De doesn’t date and Nick just got out of a bad relationship”.
“ Why doesn’t De date” Callie asked with curiosity.
Tara shrugged. “ No one knows”.
Kevin walked by without his shirt on and Callie watched as Tara practically drooled.
“ Well I can say I know who your favorite is” Callie teased.
Tara smiled and blushed sheepishly. “ Is it that noticeable”?
Callie nodded “Oh yeah”
“ Starring at Kevin I see” De said coming up next to the two girls.
Tara looked at the floor and tried to hide a grin.
“ No point in hiding it” De told her. “I can tell these things”.
“ which is your favorite” Tara asked desperate to change the subject.
“ Promise you won’t say anything to him” Callie asked.
“ Promise” They both said in unison.
“ AJ” she whispered.
All three turned to AJ who had his back to them goofing off with Nick and Brian.
“ Aww that’s cool” Tara gushed.
“ Yeah its too bad he is taken” De reported sadly.
“ I know” Callie said. I have pictures of him all over my room walls.
“ I bet you I have more pictures on mine I haven’t found anyone to top me” De told her. “ Course all mine are of Nick”.
Both girls laughed.
“ What” De asked innocently.
Callie picked up her bag “ I should get home”.
“ How about we all go out to lunch” Tara suggested.
“I’m up for it” De said.
“ What the hell” Callie replied.
“ Hey guys you want to come to lunch with us” De asked the boys.
“ Sure” Nick said.
“ Sounds good to me IM starving” AJ replied.
“ IM in the mood to eat so ok” Kevin told them.
“ Wish I could but I have to get home to Leigh Anne and Bailey” Brian said. “ Maybe another time though”.
“ Ok IM in” Howie said.
“ Ok well any ideas on where to go’ Tara asked.
“ I don’t care I don’t know where things are since I don’t live in Orlando” Callie told them.
“ Where do you live” AJ asked her.
“ Tampa” She responded.
“ Well than I say we go to Antonio’s the best pizza ever you have to try it” AJ told her.
“ That’s cool with me as long as its cool with everyone else” Callie told him.
Everyone shook there heads in agreement. “ You have no idea what you have been missing” Nick said.
“ Let’s take one of the Limo’s since there are a bunch of us going” Kevin suggested.
“ Ok but last one to the limo has to pay” Nick called as they all started to run