- Text Size +
Chapter 22
Callie woke up early and had decided to go and see what AJ wanted. First, she had finished her packing since they were leaving that day. Callie was very curious about AJ since he was so mysterious in the note that he had given her. She had thought that at least she could see what he wanted. In all reality, she wanted to find out where they stood. She walked down to the pool area where she was to meet AJ. It was completely deserted and was kind of freaking her out.
“Where are you AJ?” she thought nervously.
She hated being alone in the pool are especially after what happened the day before. She was on edge. Finally, just as she was about to leave AJ came running in.
“Sorry I’m late” he said.
“That’s ok,” Callie said softly.
“You ok?” he asked.
“Uh yeah why”? She asked confused.
“Your pale and you look like your expecting the boogey man to pop out any second” he joked.
“Well considering what happened to me yesterday and being here alone while waiting for you to finally show up isn’t exactly a great feeling” she told him shortly.
AJ looked down at the floor. “I’m really sorry.
Callie sighed. “It’s ok” “So what was it that you wanted to talk about”?
AJ led her over to the pool and they both rolled up their pant legs and stuck there feet in the water. “Well I wanted to tell you that I love you”.
Callie gave him a blank look. “Excuse me”.
“You heard what I said I love you and I want you to be with me”. AJ told her.
“AJ this is not a funny joke” Callie replied harshly.
“It is not a joke” He said. “Why in the world would you think that I was joking”?
“ Let’s see shall we it really wasn’t that long ago that I told you I had a crush on you and you told me we were just friends not to mention you have a girlfriend that you are in “love” with” she explained.
Callie got up. “I don’t have time for these games.
AJ jumped up and pulled her back down. “Will you please listen to me”?
“Why should I”? She challenged folding her arms.
“Because when I tell you that I love you I am being truthful and I want to explain to you about what happened”. He told her pleadingly.
Callie looked into his brown puppy dog eyes and sat back down cursing herself mentally to subjecting herself to stay.
“Alright fine start talking” She said.
“Ok the day that you told me how you felt about me I really never thought about my feelings for you” he started.
“Well obviously” Callie interrupted.
“Please let me talk”? He asked.
“Sorry” she mumbled.
“Any who Sara showed up and seemed to sense that there was something going on like we have some sort of chemistry when we are together which I now believe that we do”. He continued. “Every time I would try and talk to you Sara would interrupt us or we would have something that we had to do like finish a rehearsal”.
Callie nodded in agreement.
“During that time I really missed you a lot and I did a lot of thinking” he said.
Callie’s face softened a bit. “Maybe he really does love me”. She thought
“Well after the show yesterday I went to Sara and told her that it was over and that I want to be with you” AJ said.
She smiled. “So how did miss prissy take it”?
“Well she screamed and yelled and threw things at me and finally slapped me hard before storming off with her stuff to the airport” He laughed.
“Wow I can’t imagine what that was like” Callie said.
“ the point is we broke up and when I went to see you De told me that you were on a date and that I could wait for you to come back and you know the rest”. AJ finished.
“So you really love me huh” Callie finally said a few minutes later breaking the heavy and awkward silence that had fallen over the two.
“Yeah I really do” AJ looked at her green eyes and Callie could tell that his brown eyes were full of sincerity.
“Where do we go from here” Callie asked. “I mean that’s the question I have been wondering”.
“Do you still love me” AJ asked.
“Of course I do AJ nothing will ever change that” she told him putting a hand on his shoulder.
“Since we both feel he same way there is only one thing left to do” AJ said.
“What’s that”? She asked.
He leaned over and kissed her. “Would you be my girlfriend’?
Callie smiled. “I would love to”.

Tara woke up around eight and stretched. She smiled as she remembered her most perfect romantic evening that she had ever had with one of the most perfect good-looking sweetest guys she had ever dated. She walked out into the living room to find De sitting on the couch.
“You haven’t moved” Tara said.
“I never went to bed” De told her.
“What are you crazy”? Tara exclaimed. “We have another show to do tonight you will be so tired”.
“Yeah well that’s why insomnia sucks so much” she said.” Have you seen Callie”?
“She left me a small note saying that AJ wanted her to meet him by the pool” Tara replied.
“Oh yeah I knew that” De recalled. “He told me that if she showed up he was going to ask her out”.
“Really”? I’m so happy for her” Tara replied.
Tara looked at the blank TV screen looking in total distress.
“I know that it’s a lot more than just insomnia” Tara said matter of factly.
“Oh really oh smart on” De said sarcastically. “What in the world could that possibly be”.
“Have you decided which guy you want”? Tara asked.
“No I haven’t” De sighed. “I am no closer to deciding than I was last night.
“The tour is almost over” Tara pointed out.
“I know” De exclaimed.
“You should choose the guy you will most likely to keep in touch with” Tara suggested.
De shrugged. “What am I going to do”?
There were a few minutes of complete silence. Suddenly Tara jumped up from her place on the couch.
“What” De asked her looking at her as if she was crazy?
“Why don’t you wait till the tour is over than have each guy takes you out on a date and you can choose the guy that you have the most fun with and the one that you connect the most with”.
“You know that’s not a bad idea in fact I think that’s a great idea,” De cried.
De whipped out her cell phone and dialed Nick and Johnny.