- Text Size +
Chapter 24
De hoped into the car and Nick put a black blindfold over her eyes.
“Nick what are you doing” De asked.
“I want to surprise you” Nick told her
De rolled her eyes and reluctantly let Nick finish tying it.
De felt the car start to move and Nick playing around with the radio stations.
“Are we there yet” De whined.
Nick laughed. “No I have only been driving for five minutes.
De pouted.
A few seconds later. “How about now”.
“No now shut up or we will never get there” Nick answered.
“I am not good with surprises” She told him.
“I’m getting that” Nick answered.
For the next fifteen minutes or so De wasn’t really sure neither on said anything.
Finally De felt the car stop and Nick getting out. Than she heard her door open
“Grab on to my arm” Nick instructed.
She did as she was told and by the smell and the sand in her toes she was almost positive she knew where he had taken her.
After they walked a few feet Nick walked around her and untied the blind fold. De had been right. Nick had taken her to the beach. She had to admit it was the perfect day for a day at the beach.
“The ocean looks pretty today” De commented.
“Yeah it does that’s why it’s our first part of the date”. Nick replied, He took her hand. “ I have another surprise for you”.
“ Well aren’t we just full if them today” De joked.
Nick smiled. “ This is our first date and I wanted to make it special.
He led her over to a cove where he had set up a blanket with a picnic basket, two candles already lit and a boom box that was playing mellow music.
“ What is all this” De examined.
“ It’s a picnic lunch” Nick explained.
“ I know what it is oh smart I was just asking why you did this” She explained.
“ I want this to be a date that you never forget” He said. “ Now come on let’s eat”.
They both sat down and Nick took one of the two wine classes and filled them with white wine.
Nick held up his glass. “ A toast to us and are possibly going out and sharing a life together.
De held hers up and clunked her glass with Nicks. “So what’s for lunch”?
“ I am glad you asked” Nick told her.
He put her glass done and as well as his own and opened the basket. Nick pulled out French bread with a brie cheese and some grapes and salad.
“ Wow looks really good” De commented. “ You did good Carter”.
Nick just smiled at her. “ Eat up”.

“ Damn it Kevin” Tara screamed.
She practically had to drag Kevin through the door of her small house. After their disastrous run in with his ex wife Kristin and his now ex good friend Mark Kevin had downed eight beers and a shot of vodka before Tara had been able to guide him out of the restaurant. Than she had spent a good twenty minutes in the parking lot trying to get the keys from Kevin. He had put up a fight claiming that he was fine to drive and that no one drives his car but him. Tara finally reached the couch in her little family room and plopped him there. Kevin sat up and grabbed her hand.
“Baby come sit here” He pouted before going into hysterics of laughter.
Tara found this side of Kevin obnoxious and a real turn off.
“ Kevin” She said frustrated.
“ Pweese” he pleaded.
Tara rolled her eyes and sat down next to him. She grabbed the remote off the TV stand and started flipping through the channels Tara could feel Kevin’s slobbery mouth kissing her earlobes.
“ Kevin stop”.
“ But I want you know” He whined.
Kevin started kissing her shoulders and tugging at her shirt.
“ Kevin your drunk stop” Tara said seriously.
Kevin looked at her and scowled before settling down and watched the show that she had finally decided on watching.
After a few minutes Kevin turned her face to his and started kissing her lips softly. Tara kissed back and started to enjoy it till Kevin started kissing her harder and started tugging at her shirt.
“That’s enough Romeo” Tara joked.
But Kevin didn’t let up he took her shirt off and pinned her arms down.
“ What are you doing get off me” Tara shrieked.
“ I want your sexy body and I want it now” Kevin growled.
Tara tried to fight Kevin off but he was just too strong.
Kevin your hurting me” She screamed. “ Stop it”.
Kevin because he was drunk didn’t hear her. Instead he got more violent as he finished taking her clothes off. He than grabbed her wrists with all his strength and drug her to her bedroom. As Kevin got inside her Tara silently cried and the memories of Matt and what he did to her on tour all came running back to her. She couldn’t believe that this was happening to her again and with the one guy she thought she could trust.

After De and Nick had finished eating Nick took her hand again. “Here is the second thing that I have planned for this date”.
“And that’s” De started waiting for him to tell her.
“We are going surfing” He told her proudly. “That why I asked you to bring your suit”.
“Uh Nick you forgot to tell me to bring my board” She told him smartly.
“I didn’t tell you on purpose” He explained. “I knew that if I told you to bring it you would know what I was planning so I bought you a new board”.
He walked back to the car and brought over a green surf board with a cute black design on it and a red bow on top.
“Wow I love it Nick but I can’t accept this” De said.
“Why not” He asked giving her a hurt look.
“Because it costs too much plus I have one at home that I could use” She answered.
“You are worth all the money in the world and I wanted to get this for you” He said softly. “Plus while you were in the kitchen putting the roses I got you in a vase with water I kind of snuck into your garage and saw your surf board”.
“Naughty Nick snooping through my things I may have to punish you later” She joked.
“Promise” he joked back. Than he turned serious. “ I noticed that your board looked like it had been through hell and its not safe to ride those.
“ What about my wet suit”? De asked him. “ I kind of need that”.
“ Yeah I brought it with me” Nick said sheepishly.
“ Snooping again I see” De laughed.
“ Yeah well I know where you keep it” he told her.
“ How do you know”? she asked him.
“ I have been to your house like a hundred times” He reminded her. “ Plus we have surfed before”.
“ True” De replied.
Nick handed her stuff and she ran to change.