- Text Size +
Chapter 27
“So what do you want to do” Callie asked Tara a little while after De had left for her date with Johnny.
“I don’t care what every you want” Tara shrugged.
“How about we watch movies,” She suggested.
“Ok that’s fine with me,” Tara murmured.
Callie frowned. Nothing seemed to help her feel better. She knew that it would take awhile but she just could not stand to see her friend that way. She looked into her video collection and picked out a video that was not marked.
“Let’s watch whatever is on this tape,” She suggested. “I didn’t label this one so I figure lets find out what I taped.
“Sure that’s ok with me” She replied starring straight ahead.
Callie put the tape in and pressed the play button. She than joined Tara who had moved over into the living room and sat on the couch. Callie pressed the play button on the remote and the movie “ten things I hate about you started up.
“I love this movie,” Tara said.
“Me too hence the reason it’s on a tape” Callie chuckled.
Half way into the movie a live concert started to play.
“Looks like I accidentally taped over it” Callie commented.
The live concert started up and both girls immediately recognized the song well.
“Uh sorry about that I am going to shut that off” Callie told Tara nervously.
But by the time, she had grabbed the remote the camera had a close up of Kevin’s smiling face. Callie quickly shut the TV off. She looked over at Tara and saw her starting to cry.
“I am really sorry about that I didn’t know that was on the tape”.
“I know” She sniffled.
Callie moved over and gave her friend a hug. “It will get easier”.
“No it won’t” Tara cried. “It hurts”.
“I know it does and it will for awhile,” Callie told her. “Are you and Kevin over for good or in time do you think you can forgive him’?
“I honestly don’t think I can” Tara replied. “But I am not ready to let him go”.
“Sounds like you have a tough decision ahead of you” Callie commented.
“Yeah I guess I do” Tara answered.
The room was filled with a most uncomfortable silence with both girls deep in thought.
“I think it’s a good idea if I leave” Tara announced suddenly.
“What”?
“I think its best if I go on a vacation” She said.
“But why’? Callie asked. “I don’t understand.
“Well since we are on a break for a couple of months I think that it would be in my best interest to go on a vacation and figure out if what Kevin and I have is worth salvaging” She started.
“You can do that here,” Callie protested.
“No I can’t because I don’t want to talk or see Kevin right now and that’s all that will happen if I stay”. She explained.
Callie knew that she was right. “So when will you be back”?
“I don’t know honestly anywhere from a week from now till its time for us to dance again”.
“What if you decide not to take Kevin back”? “Are you going to still dance with BSB”? Callie asked.
“I honestly can’t say I would like to think about that when and if I get there”. Tara replied.
Callie nodded sadly. “So when do you plan on leaving”?
“Today as soon as possible”.

De checked herself out one more time to make sure that she looked ok. She had changed outfits nine times and showered twice when she could not get her hair to work right. She finally had chosen a pleaded red skirt and a white crop top with a pair of her favorite hooker boots. Her hair was in a neat bun.
“I look cute” she smiled.
The doorbell rang and she waited until Johnny rang it three times so it did not make her look too clingy. After three rings and a makeup check, she answered it.
“Hey De”.
Callie almost fainted at the sight of him. He was wearing a black muscle shirt with black dress paints.
“These are for you” He told her pulling a bouquet of daises out from behind his back.
“Awe that’s so nice” She told him.” “Thank you”.
“Your welcome” Johnny said.
He looked her over. “Are you wearing that on our date today”?
“Yeah why what’s wrong with it”? She asked nervously. She thought it had been a really cute outfit.
“Nothing I really love it on you I really do its just that it’s not exactly going to work on where I am taking you on the first part of this date”.
“Oh ok than what would you like me to go change into” She asked.
“Change into a pair of old jeans and a T shirt” he replied.
“Ok” She started top walk off towards her bedroom but Johnny stopped her by grabbing on to her arm.
“Bring that outfit with you its quite nice”.
De smiled brightly and went to change. When she had gotten back she saw that Johnny had put her Daises in a vase of water and was organizing it on one of her tables in the living room.
“You didn’t have to do that”.
“Well I wanted to plus I figured since I made you go change again that the least I could do was save you some time”.
The couple piled into his snazzy hunter green Camero and were on their way. It was a fairly short drive and they had only done small chit chat the whole way. Finally Johnny pulled up and De’s face lit up.
“Oh my god I have always wanted to do this”. “How did you know”?

Kevin sat in his house and stared at the ceiling in his room. He always wondered why ceilings were always pasty white. He was completely miserable. He had lost his girlfriend. “The true love of his life and the woman he wanted to marry all because of his stupidity when he was drunk over an ex who didn’t mean anything to him now. He remembered promising her never to hurt her like that jerk Matt had done. And what did he do? He screwed up royally. His thoughts of pity were interrupted by someone pounding on his door.
“Maybe its Tara” he though hopefully.
He raced down top the door and swung it open. His face fell and he practically slammed the door in the person’s face.
“Oh no you don’t” Brian his cousin said sticking his foot into the door so it wouldn’t completely shut.
“Go away Brian I am not in the mood for visitors I just want to sleep”.
Brian followed Kevin back to his room and stood in the doorway as Kevin lay down on the bed once again.
“ I heard about what happened” Brian started.
“ I am sure everyone has” Kevin sighed.
“ I know that you wouldn’t have done that if you were sober” he said. “ So how are you”?
“ Not good Brian” Kevin admitted. “ I miss her and I don’t blame her for being so hurt and angry”.
“ I don’t blame her either I think that she has every right to feel hurt but I also know that you weren’t really yourself and the Kevin that I know when is sober would never touch a woman like that”.
“ I know I never would but I am a rapist now and I miss Tara so much and hate myself”.
“ Don’t hate yourself Kevin” Brian said. “ Have you tried talking to her”?
“ Yeah I have but she refuses to talk to me or see me”.
“ Give it a little time and than try again”.
“ I want sop bad to apologize to her and take her in my arms” Kevin cried. “ You should have seen the look on her face” Kevin told him. “ She looked angry, hurt and scared of me all at the same time”.
Brian gave Kevin a brotherly hug.
“ I have to get home but my advice is don’t give up and keep trying”. and with that Brian was gone.
“ I hope your right” Kevin though sadly.