- Text Size +
Chapter 28
“Are you all saddled up?” Johnny asked De.
“Yep sugar is all ready to go” she replied referring to the white horse in front of her.
“Good Ed is ready to go also” he told her.
“I can’t believe that you did this” De told him for the hundredth time in ten minutes.
“I remember you telling me how much you always wanted to go horse back riding and that you have always have wanted a white horse”.
“You are so sweet” De told him.
“I wanted to make this date a fun one” he answered. “Ready to go”.
“Yep” De replied.
Johnny helped De on to her horse and Johnny hopped up on the brown horse they call Ed. The two rode the beautiful trails and enjoyed the forest like scenery of trees and the smell of fresh air. A couple hours later the ended back at the ranch and gave the horses back and went back to the car.
“That was the cutest horse” She commented. “I wish I had a horse like that”.
“Maybe someday ill by that horse for you so you can go riding anytime you want” Johnny told her.
De rolled her eyes. “So what’s next on the agenda”?
“You shall see” he replied mischievously.

Kevin crumpled another piece of notebook paper and tossed it behind him in the pile that was already like ten feet tall. He was attempting at writing an apology letter to Tara but so far everything he wrote turned out totally wrong.
“Knock knock” came a cheerful voice.
Kevin rolled his eyes and cursed himself for leaving the front door open to get a little sunlight and fresh air into the house.
“Come in Nick”.
Nick came skipping into the house almost knocking over a statue of Kevin’s great grandfather. It was a family airlume.
“Nick you want to watch it you almost knocked over that statue of great grandfather Richardson”.
“Oh sorry” he replied sheepishly.
He picked up the old statue and scrunched his nose. “Your ancestors are ugly”.
Kevin shot Nick a murderous look. “Why are you here”?
“I came to see how you were doing”? He told him.
“I am fine Nick you can go now” Kevin told him impatiently.
“Well the other reason I ma here is I am waiting for De to get back from her date with that Johnny guy”.
“Can’t you go somewhere else” Kevin groaned. “I am busy here”.
Nick pouted. “Awe come on Kevin can’t I stay for at least an hour”.
“Fine” Kevin cried.
“Thanks Kevin” Nick grinned.
The house was silent for like two seconds before Nick started talking again.
“You know Kevin what you did to Tara was awful”.
“I know Nick don’t you think I don’t realize that”. He hissed.
“It’s weird because you’re supposed to be the father of the group and you did this” Nick said. “I am really surprised at you”.
Kevin spun his chair to look over at Nick. “You know Nick I am surprised at myself and I lost Tara because of it”.
“You know Kevin you should do something really romantic to show her how sorry you are and to show her how much you love her”.
“You know that’s a really good idea” Kevin answered. “Thanks”.
“Sure I know you love her I can see it in your eyes” Nick told him. “Well I should be going I am going to go over to Brian’s and see if he wants to play a little bit of basketball”.
“Ok thanks Nick” Kevin called over his shoulder.

“We are here” Johnny called as he pulled up to a strange looking building.
“Where the hell are we” De asked him.
“It’s the country club in town” He told her.
“Oh that’s nice but I am not dressed for it” She told him.
“That’s why I told you to bring a change of clothes.
Johnny pulled into the parking lot and handed his keys to a guy who did the valet parking as the both got out. They both walked into the lobby hand in hand.
“Wow this place is extravagant” De commented.
“Yeah I know” Johnny agreed.
“Go into the bathroom and change and I will do the same”.
She nodded and walked into the bathroom. She quickly changed back to her clothes and brushed her hair. Than she reapplied her make up and walked out to wait for Johnny. He came out a few minutes later wearing a dress jacket and khaki pants.
“You look nice” She said.
“Thanks you do too”.
Johnny grabbed her hand and they walked out to what they call a courtyard. De looked around nervously and noticed that all the guys were wearing similar clothes that Johnny had on. She also noticed that all the girls were wearing elegant outfits. De looked down at her own clothes and made the assumption that she looked like a hooker and stood out greatly. She tapped lightly on Johnny’s shoulder to get his attention. He had stopped to converse with some dude that looked like the monopoly guy.
“Yes De” he asked.
“Um I don’t really fit in here” she whispered into his ear.
He gave her a reassuring hug. “You fit in fine”.
“Hello Johnny it’s nice to see you again” a guy said coming up and shaking his hand.
De thought he looked oddly familiar but just couldn’t place him.
“ Who is this pretty young thing” The guy asked eyeing her up and down.
“ This is De” Johnny introduced.
“ Hi” De waved forcing a smile upon her face.
“ De this is Orlando Bloom” Johnny introduced.
Her eyes flew open. It was her British guy. She mentally kicked herself in the ass. She realized that he had cut his hair quite a bit and dyed his hair brown.
“ My hot elf guy” She blurted out. She automatically clapped her hands over her mouth once she realized what she had said aloud.
He laughed. “ I see you’re a lord of the rings fan”.
She nodded and looked away.
“ How about I buy you a drink and you tell me which movie you like better”.

“ I am really going to miss you” Callie told Tara.
“ Don’t say that here” Tara pleaded. “ Wait till I am at the airport.
Callie and Tara were now over at Tara’s house helping her pack. She was leaving for London England that day.
“ Ok I have my three suitcases packed and my backpack that’s going on the plane” Tara said as she pointed to everything.
“ Yep you got everything and all we can do now is try and get a hold of De so that she can meet us at the airport” Callie replied. She got out her cell phone and went to the corner.
Tara looked around her room to make sure she wasn’t needing any last minute things when her eyes fell upon a photographed picture. It was a picture of her and Kevin at one of those booths at the malls. A few tears streamed down her cheeks. She turned over the picture. “ Good bye Kevin” She whispered.
“ I got a hold of De she said that she was going to get Johnny to take her to the airport. Callie informed her.
“Ok lets go’ She said turning around and walking out the door.