- Text Size +
Chapter 29
Callie and Tara walked through the revolving doors and walked up to the ticket counter. The drive to the airport was very quiet with Tara looking out the window deep in thought and Callie silently wishing one of her best friends would change her mind and decide not to leave. Tara got her ticket and turned in her three suitcases to be put on the plane.
“What time did De say she would be here” Tara asked.
“She should be here any minute” Callie replied. “When I called she said that she was going to get Johnny to take her here and I would drop her off home when you are gone”.
A few minutes later De came rushing through the doors. When she saw them she ran up to them and struggled to catch her breath.
“You came” Tara said.
“Of course I came” De replied giving her the you worry me look again. “You honestly think I was going to skip out on saying good bye to my best friend”.
Tara shrugged. “Well I didn’t know I mean you were out with Johnny Depp”.
“Actually when Callie called me I was talking to Orlando Bloom about his lord of the rings movies”.
“How did you meet him” Callie asked.
“Johnny took me top a country club and Orlando was there” She explained.
“Wow you actually left Orlando to see me off” Tara said surprised.
“Yeah well I got his number so it’s ok”. She replied. “So what time does your plane leave”?
“In like fifteen minutes” Callie answered.
“Well we should get you through security and stuff” De told her friend.
It took ten minutes to get through the security line and find the gate. Once they were at the gate Tara started to cry.
“I am going to miss you guys a lot” she sniffled.
“You’re not going to be gone that long” De assured her.
“Yeah your gone eight weeks tops” Callie agreed.
“Yeah but still I am going to miss you”. Tara argued.
“Well we will miss you too and you better call when you get there” De instructed pointing a finger.
“I know I will” Tara assured her.
“All passengers going non stop to London England flight 626 is now boarding’.
“Well this is” Callie said sadly.
Tara hugged them in a group hug. “I will see you soon and talk to you when I get in”.
Callie and De watched depressed as Tara gave her ticket to the lady at the gate and disappear down the terminal.

Later on De and Callie were at Callie’s attempting to cheer themselves up by watching Johnny Depp’s movies Benny and Joon, Chocolate and Crybaby.
“This is so depressing” Callie said.
“Yeah it is but you know it never would have happened if it weren’t for Kevin haven’t to get drunk over Kristin”. De pointed out.
“So have you decided who you are going to choose to date”? Callie asked.
“Not really its a lot harder than I thought” De replied with a sigh.
“Sounds like you had a great time on both dates and connected well”. Callie said.
“Yeah I did and I wish that I would have had a bad time with one so that I could have decided and it would have been easier to let one down”. She answered.
Before Callie could say anything else her doorbell rang. She walked over to the door and opened it.
“Hi”.
Callie quickly shut the door so De wouldn’t see who it is.
“What are you doing here” Callie hissed.
“I came to see if Tara was here” Kevin explained. “Why are you all hesitant to let me in”?
“Well first off Tara isn’t here and second De is in my apartment and I did you a favor”. Callie replied.
“Ok than where is Tara because I went over to her house and she wasn’t there and a neighbor said she had left with you and how are you saving my life”?
“Yes Tara was with me but now she isn’t and if De finds out you’re here than you better run cause it would be the end of your life right there”.
“Ok than where is Tara”? Kevin asked again.
“She left” Callie said quietly.
“ I realize that but where can I find her because I need to talk to her and tell her how sorry I am and that I will never get drunk and do what I did again” He told her./ “ I have this whole romantic evening planned out to show her how much I love her”.
Callie could tell he was being sincere but he couldn’t erase and forget about what happened. At least not yet.
“Look Kevin when I say she is not here I mean she left town” Callie told him.
Kevin’s face fell and he looked at her hard. ‘What do you mean she left town”? “Where did she go”?
“I mean she left town as in left Florida and I can’t tell you where she went”.
“Why not“? Kevin asked harshly.
“Because she made me promise not to tell anyone especially you” Callie replied angrily.
“I don’t understand” Kevin cried clearly upset.
“Kevin she needed time away from you to heal and figure out whether or not she will be able to forgive you or move on”.
“When will she be back”? He asked quietly on the verge of tears.
“I am not sure” she answered honestly.
Kevin stood there for a few minutes before running off.
Callie watched him run down the hallway and than went back inside.
“Who was that” De asked.
“Uh a salesman who wouldn’t take no for answer” She lied.
“Yeah right and I own the state of Florida”. De said sarcastically rolling her eyes. “Kevin has never been good at keeping his temper in check”.
“Oh so you heard him out there” Callie said sheepishly.
“I think that Ohio heard him” De stated. “Why did you lie”?
“Cause if you found out who it was than you would have killed him with your bat” Callie told her simply.
“True”.
Suddenly De’s cell phone rang and she fished it out of her bag and answered it.
“Hello”.
Callie saw her smile and walk out of the room to talk and so she would be able to hear better since the TV was blaring. A few minutes later De came back smiling.
“Who was that”? Callie asked.
“Lets just say I know who I am going to choose”.
Callie waited for to continue and when she didn’t ask “Well”.
“Well what” She asked innocently.
“Don’t give me that” she said. “Spill girl tell me who your picking and who that was on the phone to help you decide”.
“I will tell you tomorrow I promise” De assured her. “I need to talk to Johnny and Nick first since it concerns them”.
“Ok but after you dump one and go with the other you have to tell me”.
“Ok but for right now I should be heading home”.
“Ok let me grab my keys and we can go” Callie told her.

Once De had arrived home and Callie had driven out of sight De headed inside and yawned. She had a really long day and all she wanted to do is get a shower and get to bed. She knew that Tara wouldn’t be calling till morning. After she put on her Pajamas. She was happy that she had finally made a decision. She felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She just hope that they both would stay friends with her after she told them who she chose. She didn’t want to lose either one as a friend. She unmade her bed and was about to get in it when the doorbell rang.
“Who the hell could that be”? She asked herself.
She walked over and answered the door she was surprised to see Nick and Johnny.
“What are you guys doing here”?
“ We came here because we are dying to know if you have chosen one of us yet and we don’t think its fair for you to keep doing this and leading us both on” Johnny said.
“Well I have chosen who I want and was going to call you both in the morning but since you are here please come in”.
Both men walked into her living room.
“Well” Nick pressed.
“I want you to both know that it was a hard and difficult decision and I like you both and don’t want to lose you as friends”. she started.
“ Yeah we know we both will be your friend no matter who you chose” Nick assured her.
“ Ok I chose…..