- Text Size +
Chapter 30
“Well” Nick pressed impatiently. He was dying to know.
“Neither one of you” she finally answered.
“What” they both gaped.
“ You see I thought that I was going to have a hard time with this cause I like you both,” De told them.
She saw the disappointed looks in there eyes but hoped after explaining to them that they would understand.
“ I have decided to date Orlando bloom”. She blurted out.
“ You know I knew that I shouldn’t have introduced you to him at the country club” Johnny joked.
“ Orlando Bloom” Nick asked. “ Isn’t he the guy who played in Once upon a time in Mexico”?
“ Nick he played in Pirates of the Caribbean with Johnny and in the Lord of the rings series you moron,” De said frustrated with his stupidity once again. It was too late at night to deal with it.
Johnny laughed. “ I was the one in Once upon a time not Orlando”.
Nick blushed sheepishly. “ Oops”. “ It’s a common mistake”.
“ You worry me” She said shaking her head. “ Now where was I”?
“ You were explaining why you chose Orlando” Johnny told her.
“ Oh yeah sorry I lost my train of though there” she said looking at Nick who shrugged.
“ Anyway I like you both a lot and can’t choose between the two of you” she started. “ I wish I could have all three of you at the same time since that’s the perfect solution but I don’t think that’s possible”.
“ Uh no I am straight thanks” Johnny said
“ Yeah me too I am straight as a toothpick” Nick said.
“ Nick shhhh and be pretty” De told him rolling her eyes. “ Anyway my answer came earlier tonight when Orlando called me” she explained. “ He asked me out for tomorrow night and that’s when my answer came to me”. “ If I couldn’t choose either of you than go with the other guys so that I wouldn’t have to hurt someone’s feelings”.
“ Well I do have to say that’s interesting” Johnny said.
“ I am confused” Nick replied.
“ Surprise surprise” Johnny laughed.
“ You want to fight me” Nick asked angrily.
‘” Boys stop it right now” De commanded. “ Now I need to know that you understand and I won’t lose you as one of my best friends”.
“ You won’t lose me don’t worry I will always be here for you” Johnny assured her giving the hand that he took and gave it a tight squeeze.
“ De we have been best friends for years I could never be angry with you and I am here for you whenever you need me” Nick told her seriously giving her a big hug and a friendly peck on the cheek.
“ Ok good that makes me feel so much better” She told them relived. “ Now not to be rude but it’s late and I am tired”.
“ Uh we gotcha we should be going anyway” Johnny said.
Both boys gave her a hug a kiss on the cheek and a promise to call her in the morning and talk about getting together and doing something some time. After they left, De walked back to her room, jumped into bed, and slept like a baby.

The next morning Callie dressed in a tank top and jeans and poured herself a glass of milk. She missed Tara and missed hanging out with De too. She had seemed so busy lately. The phone rang and Callie dived for it hoping it was either Tara to say she got to London ok or De to tell her who she picked and Callie was going to see if she wanted to hang out for the day.
“ Hello”.
“ Hey Cal”.
“ Hey De what’s up? She asked.
“ Not a whole lot but I feel great” De said excitedly.
“ Oh why is that” Callie asked. She was not used to her best friend being this happy. It rarely ever happened.
“ Well I made my decision” She told her.
“ So who is it”? She asked impatiently.
De told her the whole story and after she was done Callie said “ That a brilliant idea” “ How did Nick and Johnny take the news”?
“ They took it really well” De told her. “ They said that it won’t change us from all being best friends”.
“ That’s great” Callie told her. “I am happy for you”.
“ Thanks”.
“ You want to do something today’? Callie asked her.
“ Sure but it will have to be tonight” De told her. “ Me and Orlando are going to the water park during the day”.
“ That’s fine I will probably see if AJ wants to do something since we haven’t since we got back into town”.
“ Cool well I have to go get ready but I will call you when I get back and we can figure things out from there”.
“ Ok sounds good have talk to you later” Callie said.
“ Ok bye”.
After Callie hung up the phone, it rang again.
“ Wow that’s funny” She thought.
“ Hello”.
“ Hey beautiful” AJ’S soft but firm voice chirped through the phone.
“ Hey babes how are you”? Callie asked.
“ I am fine but I miss you like crazy”.
“ I miss you too but I did just see you yesterday” she pointed out.
“ Yeah I know but we haven’t gone out on a date now that we are home from the tour” AJ protested. “ We were sort of interrupted yesterday”.
“ Yeah that’s true but it was not an interruption that could have been helped or ignored’.
“ That true” “ How is Tara by the way”? AJ asked.
“ Well not really that great so she had us take her to the airport so that she could go on a vacation” Callie explained.
“ Oh where did she go”?
“ I wish I could tell you but Kevin came by her last night looking for her and I had to tell him and I am afraid that if he asks you he might be mad when you tell him that you know but can’t tell”. Callie told him. “ That’s one of the sole purpose that she left”.
“ That’s true” AJ answered. ”I hate lying especially to him. “ So you want to do something”?
“ Ok sounds good” Callie told him. “ It’s like you read my mind”.
“ Great I will pick you up in an hour and we can go out to an early lunch and maybe a movie”. He suggested.
“ That sounds perfect I can’t wait” Callie replied excited.
With all the drama that had gone on since they had arrived home two days before she needed to have a little fun.
“ Although me and De are doing something tonight”.
“ That’s fine me and the guys were talking about taking Kevin out to cheer him up anyway” AJ said. “ Now that she left town he will really need it”.
“ Well I can’t wait for our date it will be fun”.
“ Yep so I will see you in an hour than” he finalized.
“ Yes you will”. “ I love you AJ”.
“ I love you too sweets bye” he answered.
After hanging up with him Callie decided to go and change into something cute.

In London Tara had arrived at the grand hotel where she was going to be staying for the time being. The flight had been so long and it had left her feeling jet lagged. The whole time on the plane she had tried to fall asleep but the second her eyes closed the imagine of Kevin forcing himself on her was all she could see. It terrified her that whenever she would think of Kevin that is all that would come up. It was as if all the happy memories vanished and never existed. She put down her suitcases and looked out the window. It was a spectacular view of the entire downtown city.
“Oh I almost forgot to call Callie and De”. she thought aloud.
She knew that both girl would beat her ass if she didn’t and De was known to actually show up unexpectedly and do it. She never kidded.
About an hour later she finished talking to both girls.
“ What should I do now” she asked herself.
Tara noticed a radio on the table and started messing with the stations. She heard some weird music and than some country as she kept forwarding the stations. She stopped when a familiar song filled the air.

Darlin' I can't explain
Where did we lose our way
Girl it's drivin' me insane

And I know I just need one more chance
To prove my love to you
If you come back to me
I'll guarantee
That I'll never let you go


Chorus:
Can we go back to the days our love was strong
Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong
Can somebody tell me how to get things back
The way they use to be
Oh God give me a reason
I'm down on bended knee
I'll never walk again
Until you come back to me
I'm down on bended knee


So many nights I dream of you
Holding my pillow tight
I know I don't need to be alone

When I open up my eyes

To face reality
Every moment without you
It seems like eternity
I'm begging you, begging you come back to me


Chorus


Gonna swallow my pride, say I'm sorry
Stop pointing fingers the blame is on me
I want a new life and I want it with you
If you feel the same don't ever let it go

You gotta believe in the spirit of love
It can heal all things we won't hurt any more
No I don't believe our love's terminal
I'm down on my knees begging you please
Come home


Chorus


Chorus


Wanna build a new life
Just you and me
Gonna make you my wife
Raise a family


She looked back out in the town and a flood of memories of the tour and all the times she had with Kevin came flooding back.
“ Damn you Kevin she sniffled.
She thought that the song fit her and Kevin perfectly. She wanted to give him another chance but the pain was still so tender and fresh that she didn’t know if it would ever go away or if her and Kevin would ever be the same