- Text Size +
Chapter 33
Kevin woke up with his head killing him. It felt like a hammer was slamming into his temples. He had been getting drunk almost every night for the past month and you would think he would be used to it by now. It took a good ten minutes to focus that he wasn’t at his house. Finally it the room started to look familiar and than it clicked. He was laying on Brian’s couch in the living room.
“How did I get here” he wondered.
He slowly got up and immediately made a dash for the bathroom down the hall. He threw up four times before his stomach stopped feeling queasy. He gently laid his head on the cool tiled floor. He heard giggling from behind him and looked back. There was bailey sitting by the bathroom door smiling at Kevin. Kevin managed a weak smile back at the one year old.
“How are you feeling this morning” Brian asked appearing at the door and picking up his son.
“Like hell” Kevin replied. “Did I crash here last night or something”?
Brian smiled slightly. “Not exactly”.
“Did I call you last night at the bar to come get me because I was too wasted to drive”? He asked.
“Your warmer you didn’t call but Tara did” he told him.
“Tara“? He asked confused.
“Yeah she came home yesterday remember” Brian told him.
Kevin remembered going to Bw3’s after he had been at the local bar and they had refused to sell him anymore liquor. He remembered seeing Tara which had surprised the hell out of him. He didn’t know she was back in town but knew that De and Callie wouldn’t have told any of the guys in the case that it got back to him. He also remembered that she was with a guy. Anything after that was blank.
Brian saw the recognition in Kevin’s eyes. “You really humiliated yourself their cuz”.
“How”? Kevin asked not sure he wanted to know the damage that had been done.
“Let’s put it this way you not only embarrassed yourself and got kicked out of the place forever but also humiliated Tara as well and pissed her off royally to the point that you are lucky if she will ever talk to you again”. He explained solemnly.
“Oh shit” Kevin muttered.
“You know Kevin you have been a mess since she left and as one of your best friend, band mate and family member I am saying this with love” He told him. “You need to straighten your life up and stop all this”.
“I know” Kevin said. “I promise I am done being a screw up and I am going to go back to being the normal fatherly Kevin”.
Brian nodded. “Good we all miss you”.
“Thanks for everything Brian” Kevin said. “Could you drive me to Bw3’s to get my car?”
“Yeah sure” Brain replied.
“Thanks because I have some serious apologizing to do”.

De opened her eyes to the smell of pancakes and bacon. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. Than it hit her.
“I don’t have a roommate and my door was locked so who the hell is in my house”?
To answer her question Orlando appeared at the door with a tray.
“Good morning beautiful”.
“How did you get into my house”? De asked.
“I used your extra key” He replied with a shrug.
“How did you find it though”?
“You told me that it was in the mailbox the other day” He told her.
“Oh “she said with a slight smile.
Orlando brought over the tray and laid it on her lap.
“What’s all this” She asked.
“Well I decided to come over and make you pancakes with toast and some bacon and a glass of milk” He told her proudly.
“Awe thanks you didn’t really have to do that though” she told him taking a bite out of a piece of toast.
“I know but I wanted too” He told her. “Now I have a great day planned for us so after you are done eating get a shower and get dressed”.
“Where are we going”? She asked with curiosity.
“To this private beach where we can be alone” He answered leaving the room.

Kevin arrived a couple hours later at Tara’s house. He had gone home and showered and had out on a black collared shirt and a pair of khaki pants. He had also stopped by the local flower shop on the way. Now he had parked his car in the drive way and walked up the walkway to the front door. He was nervous he could feel his palms sweating. He hoped that Tara would let him explain and at least forgive him and they could be friends. Kevin rang the doorbell. A few minutes later Tara opened the door. She gave him a dirty look before slamming the door in his face. He was afraid of that. He rang the doorbell again. “Tara pleases”.
She opened the door a crack. “Go away”.
“Look Tara I really need to talk to you please” He begged.
“No I have nothing to say to you and I don’t ever want to see you again”. She yelled.
“Give me five minutes at least” Kevin asked giving her a sad look.
Tara looked at him. She thought he looked really hot and he gave her a puppy dog look. She felt herself start to melt. “Fine five minutes”.
“Ok I wanted to give you this first” He told her handing her a dozen roses.
“Thanks” He replied coldly.
“I wanted to say I am so sorry about last night” he started. “I was a complete and utter ass to you and I humiliated myself along with you at the restaurant”.
“Yeah you did”.
“I am truly sorry and I promise that I will be better that I will never touch a drop of alcohol again”. He swore.
“Kevin that’s not good enough” She told him.
“Please I am begging you to forgive me” He pleaded. “I want to start over”.
Tara could see the sincerity in his green eyes. “Ok I forgive you but I have a new boyfriend”.
“I know I meant start over and be friends again” he told her. It hurt just thinking of her as just a friend but he knew he caused a lot f the hurt and damage and was asking a lot to be friends. He would rather have her as just a friend than not in his life at all.
“Id like that” Tara finally answered with a small smile.
“Great well I should be going I will talk you later” He said.
“Ok bye Kevin” she said softly.
As Kevin walked back towards his car he smiled. Things were finally looking up for him.
Callie put on a pair of black dress pants and a nice dress top. She plugged in the curling iron and started to curl the ends of her brown hair. She bit her lip nervously. AJ had called her an hour before telling her that he had plans for the day to go and meet his mother. It was a big step for her. After she finished curling her hair she unplugged it and started applying her make up. Just as she finished the doorbell rang and she grabbed her purse and opened the door.
“Wow you look great” he commented.
“You think so”? She asked worriedly.
“Yes just relax you look great” He told her.
AJ and Callie got into his car and were on their way. AJ could sense that she was really nervous by the worry in her eyes as she looked out the window and the fact that she had her hands balled up into fists in her lap. “Relax” he said.
“Easy for you to say” she replied. “It’s your mother so you don’t have to worry whether or not she is going to like you”.
“She doesn’t like me” AJ joked. “She says “Son you’re a little shit you know that”. “The woman insults me.
She looked over at him and rolled her eyes at his attempt to get her to laugh and not be so nervous.
The rest of the ride was silent and seemed too short for Callie’s liking.
Once AJ had turned the car off him turned to her and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze “She will love you just like I do”.
Callie got out of the car and took AJ’S hand as he walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Denise opened immediately and through her arms around her son. “I have missed you so much Alex”.
“I miss you to mom” he said.
After they broke apart Denise looked at Callie. “You must be AJ’’S girlfriend”.
“Yeah my name is Callie” She mumbled.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you” Denise told her pleasantly.
“It’s nice to meet you too Mrs. Mclean”.
“Oh call me Denise please”.
“Ok” Callie smiled starting to feel a bit better.

“Its beautiful here” De commented after getting out Orlando’s car. After breakfast she had showered and changed into Capri’s and a light green take top. Orlando had packed them a picnic lunch on a part of the beach that was completely deserted.
“I know I told you it was private” he said.
She smiled and grabbed his hand as he led her to a little cove on a small hill overlooking the water.
“So what did you pack for lunch”? De asked him as she helped spread the blanket out.
“We have French bread, some cheese and two different kinds of jelly with peanut butter, and we have some chips and salsa and for desert a banana cream pie.
“ Sounds great” she answered.
The two ate their food and once they were finished De laid in Orlando’s lap.
“ This is nice” He told her.
“ Yeah it is I could get used to having these picnics daily”.
“ That could be arranged” He told her.
De rolled her eyes. “ Sure”.
“ I am serious”.
“ Of course you are” she told him kissing him on the lips.
The kiss of course turned out to be a full fledged make out session and that eventually turned into De undoing the belt buckle on his pants and pulling his shirt off over his head. He slipped the tank top easily off her head and unbuttoned her Capri pants before tossing them to the side. They rolled down the small hill into the sand.