- Text Size +
Chapter 34
“What in the world am I going to where tonight” De complained as she entered the mall with Callie and Tara.
“You will find something so cute” Tara assured her.
The girls were on a special mission. It was a few weeks later and Orlando was being honored with an award at some elegant banquet and had invited all her friends to go along with the boys.
“Yeah well whenever I come to the mall for a specific outfit I end up not finding anything and I end up buying lots of tops and stuff that I really don’t need”. She replied.
“We all need to find a very formal like prom dress so we shouldn’t have any problems,” Callie said.
“I hope your right” she sighed as the entered a formal dress store.
Immediately a sales clerk walked up to the three. “May I help you young ladies”?
“No we are just looking thanks,” Tara told the woman politely.
The woman nodded and walked away in search of a customer in the need of some help. They walked around the store and Tara immediately found a stunning red dress that was spaghetti straps and was hanging on a sale rack. She picked up the dress and looked at the price tag.
“Eight hundred dollars” She read aloud. “Not bad”.
Tara walked into the dressing room and tried it on. “A perfect fit” She though happily.
She walked out of the dressing rooms and called over to Callie and De. “What do you guys think”?
“I love it,” De told her.
“Yeah and it fits you so well definitely get it” Callie urged.
Tara shook her head. “I will”.
She walked out of the dressing room a few minutes with the dress in hand. “Did either of you find a dress that you guy liked”?
“Nope not my style” Callie answered.
“Out of my price range” De told her. Even though Orlando had given her his credit card she was not about to spend a lot on it. She would feel bad and she hated not buying it herself.
Tara went over to the register and paid for the dress with Will’s credit card. He had told her that she could get any dress that caught hr eye. After the woman handed the bag with the dress to her, she joined her friends out in the mall hallway and started looking for another store. After checking a few other stores and not finding a damn thing that decided to go and get some food at the food court.
“What do you guys in the mood for”? De asked.
“I am in the mood for Mexican,” Callie said.
“I think I want Italian” Tara replied.
“ Well it looks like we all want something different so meet me at that table after you have all gotten your food” De told them pointing to a table that was in a more quiet corner.
A few minutes later, the three girls were sitting at the table with their food.
“I am never going to find a dress at this rate,” Callie complained.
“Yeah I know the feeling” De replied.
“You guys will find a dress for tonight I really do” Tara assured them both. “I mean we still have liked four other formal wear stores to hit”.
“So what’s this I hear about you and Kevin going to a movie yesterday” Callie asked Tara changing the subject.
“Yeah we went as friends and only that,” Tara told her. “Where did you hear that anyway”?
“AJ was talking to Kevin about it earlier this morning,” she told her.
De raised her eyebrows. “You know I think that you should go back out with Kevin”.
“I am happy with Will” Tara defended.
“I think that Will is a nice guy but I see you and Kevin have more sparks and chemistry,” Callie told her.
“Yeah and if I’m not mistaken you guys were pretty tight before that mess”. De piped up.
Tara looked at De giving her a funny look. “I thought you said before I shouldn’t be with Kevin”?
“Yeah that was before but Kevin has really changed in the past few weeks,” she reminded her.
“Let’s get back to shopping we have a long night ahead of us,” Tara told the girls.

“This was a great idea” Howie said kicking back and letting the days breeze whip through his black hair.
“Yeah thanks for inviting us Nick” Brian agreed.
It was around lunch time and the guys had gone that morning to pick up their tuxes for the banquet that night. Now they were all on Nick’s boat kicking back and relaxing in the clear sunny day.
“No problem I figure that since we don’t have to get ready till six why not enjoy the rest of the day”.
“Do you realize that this is the first time in a long time that the five of us have done anything and hung out” Brian pointed out.
“Yeah your right” Kevin replied. “We really should do stuff like this more often”.
“Why is it that we hang out hardly”? Nick asked.
“ Well Nick let’s see here three of us have girlfriends and than there is the fact that when we get the chance to see each other its all work related which seems to a lot lately” Kevin told him.
“Oh yeah that is true” He replied with a shrug.
“So how are you Claudia”? AJ asked Howie.
“Really well I think that I am going to pop the big question soon” He replied.
“That’s great” Nick said.
“Yeah” Howie agreed with a big grin.
“So Kevin are there plans in your future that include reconcile with Tara”? AJ asked.
“Yeah we heard about your little get together last night what’s the deal”? Brian asked.
Kevin stood up and faced the guys. “Ok for your information Tara and I did see a movie and had dinner but it’s only as friends so please I don’t want to hear about it”.
“Ok just asking but for the records I know that you still want her” AJ pointed out smugly knowing that it was a rare occasion when he got the chance to show up Kevin.
“I never said that I didn’t want to” Kevin protested.
AJ held his hands out in a mock surrender but smirked.
“While we are on the subject of girl’s tell us AJ what’s with you and Callie”?
AJ smiled “Well let me tell you…”

“How do I look”? Tara asked coming down the stairs of Callie’s.
“You look so pretty” Callie said.
The girl’s were finishing up getting ready and they were meeting their dates in thirty minutes. They had decided that it was better that way so that they didn’t get bitched at for taking forever.
Callie put on her earrings and took a look. She had found a dress for five hundred dollars and was happy with that. It was a strapless blue dress with a slit going down one leg.
“Well I hope I look ok” De said coming into the living room.
She had bought a dress around the five hundred ranges too and it was a black tie behind dress that hugged her hips just perfectly. They had each French twisted each other’s hairs to complete the elegant formal look.
“Are you guys ready” De asked.
“Yep I am” Tara replied.
“Me too” Callie answered.
A few minutes later the heard the sound of a car horn.
“Looks like the limo is hear” Tara said.
“Good thinking” De said sarcastically.
The three got in and each poured them one glass o Champaign that was in the back.
“A toast to a wonderful night” De called.
“Cheers” Callie and Tara replied in unison as the clunked their classes.

About fifteen minutes later the limo arrived at the fancy hotel in the out skirts of Orlando. The three got out and were greeted by all five guys and Will, Orlando, leighanne, and Claudia.
“ You guys look beautiful” AJ exclaimed as he gave Callie a peck on the cheek.
“ Thanks” De answered grabbing on to Orlando’s hand.
“ Shall we go in” Will proposed.
As the group were about to go in Tara suddenly realized something.
“ Uh guys I need to grab my purse from the limo before it leaves I just realized that I left it”.
“ Great job oh smart one” De said rolling her eyes.
“ Want us to wait for you” ? Callie asked.
“ No you all go on ahead” She said.
They all left except for Kevin. “ I am going to wait out here with you so your not by yourself”.
“ Thanks Kevin” She replied with a smile.
Tara walked back over to the limo driver and Kevin saw her talking to him and than she went back inside and a moment later returned to where Kevin was standing.
“ Ok got it I am ready to head inside.
Kevin and Tara walked inside the hotel and entered the lobby. They saw that the ballroom was on the eighth floor so they headed towards the elevators and once the doors dinged and opened they got inside.
“ Thanks for waiting with me I really hate to be alone like that” Tara told him.
“ Sure no problem I really wasn’t to keen on the idea of you being out there all by yourself” He answered. “ Besides I know that you hate that”.
Tara smiled and suddenly they felt a bump and the light in the elevator went black.