- Text Size +
Chapter 6
De followed Nick till they were in the middle of the dance floor. They both started to fast dance which in a matter of minutes turned to grinding. “ I love this song” Nick commented.
De gave him an odd look. “ You like this song” She asked referring to Sean pauls song “ Get busy”.
“ Yeah why do you find that so hard to believe” He asked her.
De shrugged. “ I don’t know this just doesn’t strike me as a song that you would like”.
“ Well you obviously don’t know me as well as you think” Nick said smugly.
“ Nicky how well you seem to forget that before we became friends two years ago when I became a dancer for this band that I have been a fan for seven years” She pointed out.
The music switched to a more slow balled playing “ If your not the one” By Daniel beddingfield. Nick and De started swaying to the music and De couldn’t help feel butterflies in her stomach.
“ Stop it he means nothing” She told herself.
She looked up at Nick’s blue eyes and the way his blonde hair fell onto his fore head nearly covering his eyes.
“ Damn he’s gorgeous” She said to herself.
“ Stop it” She commanded herself. “ You don’t date”.
But the more she looked at Nick and the way he sang and stuff made it seem like such an impossible task. She felt her head go down and rest on his shoulder. She inhaled the scent of his cologne and a small smile curved on her face. She closed her eyes and an image of what a relationship with Nick would be like took over.
“ Nick IM home” She called.
Nick emerged from the kitchen. “ Hey your home early how was work”?
“ It was hectic I had to cover the latest news on the war in Iraq”. she replied.
“ Awe I have dinner all prepared and than after that ill draw you a hot bath” Nick said coming up to her and kissing her passionately on the lips.
“ Your so sweet Nick” She said.
“ I know and I want you to know that I love you Mrs. Carter”.
“ And I love you Mr. Carter” She replied as she went in for another kiss slowly taking off his clothes.
De briefly opened her eyes and grinned at the thought. “ Maybe I am in love with him” she thought to herself. She instantly felt her defenses slowly going down. She snuggled closer to him. But instantly an image floated up into her mind.
There was a knock at the door. “ IM coming De called. She walked into the living room of her apartment and opened the door.
“ Hey sweetie” Andrew said giving her a slobbery wet kiss on her mouth.
She instantly knew that he was drunk again.
“ Andrew that’s so gross” She said with disgust.
Andrew freely walked through the door and after De closed it she turned around and he grabbed her and started kissing her all over her face and groping her.
“ Andrew stop your drunk” She said with annoyance pulling away from him.
Andrew grabbed her again roughly and pulled her to him. “ What’s your problem he asked angrily.
“ Nothing IM just not in the mood” She said quietly.
“ Its another guy isn’t it” He said with anger.
“ No its not” She insisted.
“ Your lying Bitch I know it has to be another guy so who is it” He demanded getting in her face.
“ IM not lying I would never cheat on you” She replied.
“ I know that you’re the slut of Florida so why Should I believe you” He snickered.
“ I am not a slut” She yelled.
Andrew struck her across the face. She knew that hit had caused a handprint on her cheek.
“ Don’t you ever get lippy with me” He yelled furious.
“ Don’t you ever touch me like that again” She screamed.
“ Oh you mean like this” He challenged pushing her on to the couch and smacking her again. He lifted her up roughly and shoved her against the wall and kicked her in her ribs. Than he pulled her hair and drug her by her hair across the room.
She felt the pain in her ribs on top of the migraine headache and the stinging in her cheeks. Once he let her go she curled up in a ball and cried.
Andrew only looked at her and left without looking back.
De felt her defenses going up again. That was a reason why she didn’t date. “ And IM not about to start now” He said determined. Luckily the song was over and another fast one was on.
“ I’m hot let’s go and see if Kevin brought those drinks out yet” She said to Nick.
“ Ok let’s go” Nick answered.