- Text Size +
Only You
By Vicki © 2004

Samantha Moore stood looking out at the ocean below her deck. She had just moved to Florida from northern Wisconsin and she noticed it was a huge change from the small town she was used to. Her long flowing chestnut hair blew as the wind from the ocean picked up. She had been offered a job as a chef of a local Orlando restaurant. She had never been further than Chicago and when she was offered the job it was a huge surprise for her. She looked around the small beach house she had rented and shook her head. The place was empty, the only furniture she had was her bed, a nightstand dresser, a curio cabnet, bookcase and several lamps. The place looked as empty as it could possibly be.
“ Looks like I’ll have to do some shopping.” She said looking at her cat. She started her new job later that afternoon and knew she’d never find time to get to the store to get some new things. She hurried to shower and dress for work.


“ Welcome to Disney Cafe.” She heard a young woman say as she entered the room. Samantha’s hair was pulled up in a neat bun and her cloths where a white jacket and checkered pants.
“ Hi, I’m Samantha Moore, I was just hired as the new chef around here.” Samantha said looking at the young girl.
“ Oh, sorry bout that. Please come with me.” The young girl said leading her down the hallway.
“ Mr. Smith, This is Samantha our new chef.”
“ Oh good to see you Samantha.”
“ Thank You Mr. Smith for the opportunity to work for Disney.”
“ Oh please call me Steven, and from what I saw in your credentials you are a wonderful catch.”
“ Thank you Steven.”
“ You came highly recommended and you worked at some of the most popular restaurants in Wisconsin.”
“ I worked hard. I studied in France for two years but rarely if ever left the campus. I graduated high in my class and went to work right away out of college. Like I said thank you for the opportunity.”
“ Well how about Janice here show you to where you’ll be working and then I will speak to you again another time.”
“ Thank you.” She said a big smile on her face. Samantha followed the young girl to the kitchen. The kitchen staff looked up and smiled at them.
“ Hey everyone this is our new head chef Samantha.”
“ Call me Sam. And it’s a pleasure to meet you all.” Samantha said looking at them.
“ I’m Max this is Mary, Sarah and John.” Max said introducing the rest of the staff. Samantha nodded and shook the hands of each of the people in front of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was her second day working and someone had asked for the chef that had made the meal. Running her hand over her shirt she walked out into the dinning room.
“ Was there something wrong with the meal?” She asked looking that the group at the table. Her heart skipped a beat when the dark haired green-eyed man looked up and smiled at her.
“ Oh no there is nothing wrong.” He said, she could distinctly hear a southern accent.
“ Oh.” She said kind of confused why she was asked out of the kitchen during such a busy hour.
“ We wanted to tell the person that made this magnificent meal that it was the best we’ve ever had here.”
“ Thank you.” Samantha said smiling.
“ So your name is Sam?”
“ Samantha but Sam for short.” She said with a smile.
“ I’m Kevin, these are my friends Brian, Nick, Howie and AJ.” Kevin said motioning to the other five men.
“ Nice to meet you. I must get back to work. Thank you for the complement.” Samantha said dashing out of the room. Kevin watched the beauty leave the room and then turned towards the others.
“ Ok, Kevin you alive over there?” AJ asked.
“ Oh sorry.” Kevin said blushing as he looked back towards the group in front of him.
“ Kevin you look a bit smitten by the new chef. And what’s better she didn’t know who we where.” Brian said looking at his cousin.
“ She’s very pretty. The owner did a good job about hiring that one. Wonder if we can tear her away to work a few days at my place.” Howie said looking at the others.
“ No your not.” Kevin said looking at Howie. Causing the younger men to burst into giggles.