- Text Size +
AJ arrived at the house and then Max arrived it was a nice surprise to see more than just Kevin there with Samantha. He was actually surprised when Kevin had called and asked if he had wanted to come over. AJ walked into the living room and looked at Samantha, she looked pale and she had rings under her eyes. She looked horrible, hell in his opinion she looked worse than he did when he was drinking and doing drugs.
“ Hey sweetie.” AJ said hugging her. He didn’t dare hug her too tightly for fear he’d break her.
“ Hi, Alex. How are you today?”
“ I am doing good, how are you?” He asked looking into her tired eyes.
“ Tired as usual. How about we take a walk on the beach maybe a nice picnic?” Samantha looked hopefully at Kevin. Kevin nodded and headed into the kitchen. He had already made sure that he had enough food and drinks.
“ How are you doing?” AJ asked coming into the kitchen.
“ As best as I can be. It scares me more than anything to think I could lose her. But I am going to stand by her no matter what.”
“ Good man. She’s a very special lady.” AJ said to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin was totally surprised when a call had come from the doctor. He watched Samantha smile and laugh with AJ and Max he really didn’t want to end the moment but the doctor had called and it was time to go to the hospital.
“ Who was that on the phone?” Samantha asked as he rejoined them.
“ The hospital. It’s time to go.” Kevin said looking at her. Samantha nodded and stood up and waited a second for her world began to spin.
“ You ok?”
“ Stood up to fast.” She said as she took Kevin’s hand.
“ Ok. Come on.” Kevin said leading her into the house, AJ and Max gathered the picnic items and followed Kevin and Samantha into the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ The surgery will take about five hours as long as there are no complications.” Doctor Miller told them.
“ Alright, we will be here when she comes back out.”
“ If it takes longer we will send someone out to let you know.” Doctor Miller said heading back into the back. Kevin ran his hand threw his hair and looked at the group that had gathered, even as sick as Howie was he was standing there.
“ We wait.”
“ Kevin, I made it threw my heart surgery she will to.” Brian said.
“ I barely handled your surgery Brian I don’t know if I can handle hers” Kevin said looking at them.
“ We are all here for you Kevin. Please remember that anything we do we are all here for you.” AJ said looking at him. Kevin nodded and headed into the small waiting room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin looked up at the clock for the last time. It had been six and a half hours since they had taken Samantha to the Operating room. It scared him to think maybe something had gone wrong and that the doctor was going to come out and tell him she was gone, long before he could tell her how much he truly loved her. Kevin looked up into Brian’s eyes, when he felt his cousin’s hand on his shoulder.
“ How about we get some coffee?” Brian suggested looking at him.
“ No, the doctor might come out and tell me that she’s made it threw the surgery and that I’ll have her back.” Kevin said looking at Brian.
“ Come on we best take that walk before you have a breakdown.”
“ No.” Kevin said pulling away from his cousin. They all looked towards the door as Doctor Miller entered the small waiting room.
“ How is she?” Kevin asked standing, he looked into the doctor’s sad eyes. “ Oh god?”
“ She’s alive, the transplant went well.” The doctor said looking at the group.
“ But?” Kevin said knowing there was a but coming.
“ She’s very weak, she will remain here for several weeks, we nearly lost her on the table twice. But she seems to have a strong will to live and it seems that you’re all here for her and she will get stronger by the day.” The doctor told them.
“ Can I see her?”
“ Soon, she’s been placed in ICU for now, but if she gets stronger we will move her to a regular room.” Doctor Miller told her.
“ Thank you.” Kevin said, he sighed in relief. A short time later a nurse came and brought Kevin down to Samantha’s room. He walked in and about cried, he looked at his angel and just wanted to do anything to stop her pain. He walked over and sat down next to her bed and held her hand. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black velvet box, he opened it and looked at the small delicate diamond inside. The gold band and the beautiful setting, he had spent days picking it out and had wanted to purpose to her. Placing the ring on her finger he kissed her hand.
“ I love you more than anything in this world. Please don’t leave me.” Kevin cried. He held her hand and kissed it as he looked up at her fragile form.