- Text Size +
Samantha sat on her couch, wrapped in a blanket, she had been released from the hospital a few days before. She was still not feeling all that grand but Kevin had insisted that if she was to be released from the hospital, he would be staying with her. She felt his soft lips on her neck when he kissed her.
“ Have you been sleeping?” He asked her.
“ Nope, just watching some TV, come cuddle with me.” Samantha said looking up at him. Kevin moved around the couch and slid behind her. He pulled her closer and held on to her tightly. Samantha lay her head on his chest and closed her eyes, she loved the feel of his arms around her, she felt safe in his arms and felt free. Kevin kissed the top of her head and felt her relax as she finally drifted off to sleep. She had yet to say anything about the ring she wore on her finger. She had woke up in the hospital wearing it. And hadn’t bothered to question Kevin about it. He was her world and she’d openly admit it.
“ I love you.” Kevin whispered closing his eyes. He decided that he could rest as long as he was holding her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Should we wake them?” AJ asked looking at Kevin and Samantha.
“ I don’t know they are finally resting. She’s been home from the hospital less than a week and he has been fawning all over her since. They are both tired. Let them sleep, we can prepare dinner and then surprise them.” Max said looking around the room. Max looked towards the door as Nick, Howie and Brian entered the house quietly.
“ He didn’t do that much for me when I was in the hospital for heart surgery.” Brian whispered.
“ He loves her in a different way.” Nick said to his friend.
“ He wants to marry her.” AJ said as they entered the kitchen.
“ Yes he does.” Kevin said looking up at them. Nick looked down at Kevin and smiled.
“ Sorry if we woke you.” Nick said.
“ I was never asleep. Baby we’ve got guests.” Kevin said kissing Samantha’s cheek. Samantha opened her eyes and looked at the group that was now assembled in her home.
“ Hey.” She said sleepily.
“ Hey girl.” Max said leaning over the couch and hugging her. Samantha smiled and looked at the group.
“ What brings all of you around?” She asked looking at them.
“ We came to celebrate the fact that Kevin and you are together and that you’re healthy. And are getting better day by day.” Max told her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Samantha stood in the small room. Max walked in and hugged her.
“ You ready?”
“ God I don’t know. I am so scared.” She said looking at him.
“ You’re going to be fine. It’s Kevin up there waiting for you. You’re going to make him the happiest man in the world.” Max told her.
“ My own family couldn’t even make it. They didn’t come to see me when I was in the hospital. Nothing now I am about to make the biggest commitment of my life and they aren’t coming.”
“ Don’t worry about them. Your family is here. We are all here. Leighanne wants to come in and make sure your dress is fixed right and your hair is right. Is that alright?”
“ It’s fine. Thanks Max.” Samantha said standing and hugging her friend. Leighanne and Sarah came into the room as Max left.


Kevin stood at the front of the church and ran his fingers threw his hair for like the millonth time. Brian touched his cousin’s shoulder and smiled.
“ Almost time.” Brian said looking at him. Kevin nodded and smiled.
“ Man this is hard.”
“ Nervous?” He asked.
“ Very.” Kevin admitted. He heard the music start and looked towards the doorway. First Leighanne and then Sarah and then another one of Samantha’s friends. And then the wedding march started. Samantha appeared in the doorway with Max at her side. She looked beautiful, her dress was white with lace and beads. Her hair done up in a French twist and a beautiful headpiece and vale. She was stunning. Kevin stood there watching her walking towards him. Kevin held her hand as they turned towards the minister. He was ready to spend the rest of his life with her and he knew she was ready to spend hers with him. The minister was just about to finish the ceremony and prounced them husband and wife. Kevin kissed her passionately and then turned towards the guests.