- Text Size +
Kevin walked into the small apartment he had rented for the time he was down in Florida. Throwing his keys on the stand he walked into the living room and flopped down on the couch. It seemed AJ had beaten him to the chance with the pretty chef.
“ Oh well, I’ve had plenty of girlfriends.” Kevin muttered. He looked up when he heard a knock at the door. “ Come in it’s open.”
“ Hey Kev.” AJ said coming into the apartment. Kevin looked up at AJ and then groaned.
“ What? Did you come over to gloat that you got her?” Kevin asked.
“ Not really, I went over to set up the date I knew you wouldn’t.” AJ said sitting down next to his friend. Kevin looked at him strangely.
“ What?”
“ There will be a limo picking you up at 5:45 tonight. Be dressed in your best suit. And be ready.” AJ said with a sly smile.
“ What are you planning McLean?” Kevin asked looking at his friend.
“ Nothing just be ready.” AJ said standing and heading for the door.
“ You better explain more Alex.” Kevin said to him.
“ Nope, just be ready.” AJ said leaving the apartment. Kevin sighed and stood and headed into his room. Opening the closet he looked at his cloths and finally picked out a dark blue suit and tie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samantha looked at the clock for the millionth time and sighed, maybe AJ was kidding and it was his rich mans version of a mean joke. She heard a knock at the door and stood, she was dressed in a long black velvet dress with a rose design going up the dress from the bottom. Her chestnut hair pulled up in a neat ponytail and it was curled. She looked beautiful and wondered if she’d have anyone to look beautiful for. Opening the door she found a strange man standing on the other side.
“ The Limo awaits.” He said to her. Samantha smiled and grabbed her shawl and headed out of the apartment closing and locking the door behind her. She stood there while the limo driver held the door open as she slid into it. She was highly surprised when she saw her date.
“ Kevin?” She asked with a surprised smile.
“ Yep. Seems my friend decided that we needed a little push.” Kevin said with a small chuckle.
“ Guess so. AJ came and saw me at the restaurant earlier this afternoon and had asked me if I was free tonight never really told me why. Do we know where we are going?” She asked looking at him.
“ Not a clue.” Kevin said looking at her. “ You look beautiful by the way.”
“ Thank you and you look very hansom. How come you didn’t tell me you where famous?” She asked looking at him from across the car.
“ You didn’t exactly ask and I had assumed you knew. When did you find out?” He asked looking at her.
“ Last night. I was reading a magazine and there you where pictured with some people from that Broadway Play Chicago.” Samantha said looking at him.
“ Oh, I had totally forgot about those pictures.” Kevin said blushing a bit. Samantha giggled and moved over and sat next to him.
“ Don’t worry, I wasn’t mad just surprised.” Samantha said looking into his green eyes.