- Text Size +
Kevin hurried into his small apartment and dropped his keys and kicked off his shoes. This had been the most perfect night and being with Samantha had been the most wonderful thing. She was a beautiful woman and he truly wanted to get to know her. And he knew that she was enjoying her time with him as him not as Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys. She didn’t even know who he was till she had seen the magazine. Kevin reached over and answered the phone when it rang.
“ Hello.”
“ So how did it go?” AJ asked excitedly on the other end.
“ You’re a little sneek.” Kevin said with a laugh.
“ That doesn’t tell me how it went?” AJ said again.
“ You can find out tomorrow. I am going to bed.” Kevin said hanging up the phone. A smile played on his face as he changed and slid into bed. It was a wonderful date and he couldn’t wait to see Samantha again. Something about her just made his heart skip a beat. Reaching over and shutting off the light Kevin fell into a nice sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samantha showered and dressed and hurried to work. Fixing her hair for like the millionth time she hurried into the restaurant.
“ Hey Sam, how was your night?” Max asked looking at her.
“ My night was great Max, how was that date with Marty?” She asked looking at her new friend.
“ It was great. Your suggestion was great and he was wonderful. How would you have ever known something like that?” Max asked her. Samantha smiled and touched her friend’s arm.
“ Just some friendly advice, I had a friend of mine back in Wisconsin that was like you and he was very good about how he treated anyone.”
“ That’s cool.” Max said. “ So what are we serving today?” He added.
“ Well I have a nice menu set up today. I figured that a nice day with the fact that the tourists are at a high swing.”
“ Yeah, plus we have several of the high ups from Disney coming.” Max said looking at her.
“ What?” Samantha said looking at him. Max smiled and giggled.
“ Yeah they will be here for lunch. There is a table that was set up by Mary, everything but the meal is still needed to be planned.” Max said looking at her. Samantha ran her fingers over the hair that was falling out of the bun.
“ Alright lets get this show on the road.” Samantha said running into the kitchen. The remaining part of the crew and several new members stood there and watched Samantha.
“ Ok here is the menu. Marissa isn’t it?” Samantha said looking towards the young girl.
“ Yes, I am the new pastiery chef.” Marissa said looking at her.
“ Good. You make these desserts and I’ll check your work later. I am sure that you’re very good.” Samantha said.
“ Thank you.” Marissa said smiling.
“ Ok everyone here is the menu let’s get started.” Samantha said handing out the menu.
“ Alright.” Max said heading out of the kitchen for a moment.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“ So what’s on the agenda today?”
“ We have a meeting with Disney for the concert we are doing.” Kevin said looking at the group assembled in his apartment.
“ Alright. Hey old man you going tell us about your date?”
“ Nope.” Kevin said standing. AJ looked at him and groaned.
“ Oh Come on Kev.” AJ said looking at his friend.
“ Nope, what I did on my date is my business.” Kevin said looking at him.
“ Dude I set it up. You wouldn’t even have asked her if it hadn’t been for the fact I set it up. What happened?”
“ None of your business. I would have asked her in my own time Alex, but I do thank you for the little push now leave it alone.” Kevin yelled at him. AJ stood there and looked at his friend. Kevin turned and headed out of the apartment and down to the awaiting car. Kevin got in and sat in the front seat.
“ What are you doing pissing him off?” Nick asked looking at AJ.
“ He told me that he’d tell me today how the date went.”
“ So to be honest it’s not your business.” Howie said looking at his friend. AJ nodded and headed out to the car. The ride to the restaurant was quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Hey Sam, those Disney people are here.” Max said walking into kitchen. Samantha looked up from the meal she was preparing and whipped her sweaty brow with the sleeve of her jacket.
“ Grand.” She muttered. She hurried to check the food that was going to be going out to the table.
“ Are you going to take the main dish out?” Max asked her.
“ I was thinking about it. But I want to make sure that Melissa can take out the dessert at the end of the meal.” Samantha said walking over to where Melissa was working. “ How’s it going?”
“ It’s going good, this will be perfect.” Melissa said putting the final touches on the dessert. Samantha smiled and touched the girl’s shoulder.
“ Very nice. They are going to love it. Great to have you as part of the team.” Samantha said watching as the waiter took the soup out to the big table. Samantha looked out towards the table and gasped.
“ You didn’t tell me it was a meeting with Disney and Backstreet.” Samantha said looking towards Max. Max smiled and laughed.
“ Sorry, I thought you knew. Didn’t you check the name on the reservation?” Max asked looking at her. Samantha growled at him and grabbed the reservation book sure enough there was the names of the people that would be dinning at the large party being held there.
“ What’s the big deal?” Melissa asked. “ The Disney people own the place and the group that is coming here is doing a show next week.” Melissa said looking at the group that now stared at her.
“ How did you know?”
“ Hey what can I say? I’m a fan.” Melissa said looking at them. “ I’ve been a fan for years. Even know their birthday and all that stuff.”
“ Wow. And all I did was go out on a date with Kevin.” Samantha said, Melissa gasped and looked at her.
“ Are you kidding?”
“ Nope, went out with him last night. I actually enjoyed myself and might do it again.” Samantha said turning back to the finished product of the meal she had been preparing.
“ That’s so cool, and so soon after the divorce, I am glad that Kevin is moving on.”
“ Divorce?” Samantha asked. She didn’t even know he was divorced let alone that fact he had been married before.
“ Yep, Kevin had married a girl he had gone to school with Kristin and they divorced last year after she had cheated on him.” Melissa said, she had rattled it off as if it where everyday news. Samantha smiled and finally went about her business. Melissa giggled and went back to her job of making sure that the dessert was perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kevin sat at the large table and shifted uncomfortably when he realized that they where eating at Samantha’s restaurant. He looked to see AJ smiling like a fool at him, a mischevious look in his eyes.
“ Don’t even think about it Alex.” Kevin hissed across the table to him. AJ just smiled and watched as the meeting progressed. AJ watched the meal was brought out the main meal was brought out by Samantha. Kevin smiled up at her as she placed the meal in front of him.
“ Hi.” Kevin whispered.
“ Hi.” Samantha said looking into his eyes.
“ Want to meet after work?” Kevin asked.
“ Sure, I’ll be done in a few hours.” Samantha said standing up. AJ waited till she set the meal in front of him and stood and kissed Samantha full on the lips. Samantha tried pushing him off but finally gave up and waited till he had let go. Her eyes cloudy after the kiss but she could see the anger in Kevin’s eyes.
“ I am so sorry about that.” Howie said standing and smacking his friend.
“ Uh yeah. See you later Kevin.” Samantha said walking away from the group. Kevin looked towards AJ and they could see the fire in Kevin’s eyes.