- Text Size +
Samantha held onto Kevin and cried she couldn’t believe that AJ had tired to assault her.
“ Shush everything is alright.”
“ I need to take a shower.” Samantha said sliding out of his arms and running down the hall. Kevin ran his fingers threw his hair and looked down at AJ’s unconscious form. Kevin reached over and picked up the phone.
“ Yello?” Nick answered the phone.
“ Find Howie and get over here.” Kevin said in a rush.
“ Over where Kev?” Nick asked. Kevin sighed he had forgot that he wasn’t at home.
“ Sorry, I’m at Sam’s. Get some paper.” Kevin said he waited and then gave the address and directions.
“ How did AJ know where she lived?”
“ She had given her address to him when AJ had originally set up a date for us.”
“ So why are we coming over?”
“ To pick up AJ.” Kevin hissed. “ Just get over here.” He said hanging up the phone. He sat there and waited he didn’t want AJ to come to and do something more stupid than he already had. Kevin was pissed that AJ had even come over to Samantha’s in the first place and then to find him trying to do things to her that she didn’t want. Samantha slowly entered the living room again, she watched Kevin stair at his unconscious friend. She knew he’d been drinking and had really assumed he had come over to say he was sorry about the kiss from earlier that after noon.
“ Kevin.” Samantha said looking at him. Kevin looked up at her and smiled. She was dressed in a long pink fuzzy housecoat and purple slippers, he knew that they wouldn’t be going out at all that night and that didn’t bother him.
“ Hey how are you feeling?” Kevin asked walking over to her. He could see she had still been crying and knew that his friend caused that. Samantha jumped when she heard her doorbell.
“ Sorry that’s Nick and Howie coming to get duffas.” Kevin said walking to the door. He opened the door and moved aside as Nick and Howie entered.
“ What did he do?” Howie asked seeing Samantha’s red puffy eyes and then his unconscious friend.
“ He decided he was stupid.” Kevin hissed lifting AJ off the floor. “ Get his sorry ass out of here.”
“ He screwed up didn’t he?” Nick asked taking AJ from Kevin.
“ I walked into Sam’s and found him pinning her to the couch and trying to assault her.” Kevin growled.
“ And I am guessing the bruise is your doing?” Howie asked.
“ Yep now get him out of here before I kill him.” Kevin said turning back to Samantha.
“ Maybe you should go to.” Samantha said looking at Kevin. Kevin looked sadly at her but nodded and followed them from the room. Samantha curled up on the couch and held onto the pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samantha arrived at work the next day and seemed a bit jumper than normal and Max noticed.
“ What’s up Sam?” Max asked looking at her. Samantha looked up at him and shrugged.
“ Nothing.” Samantha said heading off to do her daily work. Max wasn’t about to let this go, normally Samantha was nearly bouncing around the kitchen with a dreamy look in her eyes.
“ Sam, did something happen between you and Mr. Green eyes?” Max asked her.
“ No, everything with Kevin is great.” Samantha said grabbing a knife and begging to cut the vegetables that where placed on the cutting board. Max watched her cut the vegetables with a vengance.
“ Son of a bitch.” Samantha shrieked dropping the knife onto the floor as she held her now bleeding hand. Max grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her hand.
“ Come on let’s rinse it out and see how bad you did.” Max said leading her to the sink. He turned on the cold water and began rinsing the blood off her hand and saw that the cut was pretty deep.
“ You’re going to need stitches. I’ll run you over to the hospital.” Max said heading towards the door.
“ I’ll take her.” Kevin offered standing in the doorway. Max nodded and let Kevin lead her from the restaurant.
“ Mr. Smith” Max said seeing his boss coming towards them.
“ Yes Max?”
“ Sam had to leave she hurt herself.”
“ How did she do that?” He asked true concern on his face.
“ Cutting the vegetables she cut her hand.” Max said looking at his boss.
“ Alright, make sure she files an injury report when she gets back. For now follow the menu plan she left.”
“ Alright.” Max said taking over the kitchen. Since Samantha had come to the restaurant he had become executive chef under her. She was the main chef but on days she was sick or unable to make it to work he would run the show. He enjoyed it and was glad to be working with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin looked over at Samantha she sat silently next to him.
“ I’m sorry.” Kevin said looking at her again. Samantha sighed and then started to cry.
“ Why did he?”
“ I don’t know, I haven’t dared talk to him. I can’t believe that he did that. Never in the ten years I’ve known him have I ever to know him to do something like this.” Kevin said as he pulled to a stop at the emergency entrance. Kevin walked around the car and helped her from the car. He whipped the tears from her cheeks and kissed her softly.
“ It’ll be ok.” Kevin said leading her into the emergency room.