- Text Size +
Time seemed to go by slowly or that’s how it felt for AJ. He hadn’t seen nor spoke to Kevin in a little over a week. He hadn’t even talked to the others in over a week, the concert was tonight and he wondered what was going to be the end. Kevin was mad at him and boy did he know it. He had the bruise on his face to prove that fact. AJ finally decided that he needed to talk to someone and talked to Howie.
“ Hey D.”
“ What J?” Howie asked hearing his friend’s voice.
“ You mad at me too?” AJ said waiting for an answer.
“ Alex, I don’t know what to think. I got the call from Nick a week ago telling me he needed help coming to get you. I didn’t even know you’d been drinking again. When I saw you sprawled out on Sam’s floor unconscious. Kevin was pissed, I swear J he was spitting fire.” Howie said to his friend.
“ I don’t really remember much from that night. I just know I fucked up.” AJ said
“ Yeah you did. You tried to assault her Alex. You had her pinned to the couch and was kissing her, she was screaming and telling you no.” Howie informed his now confused friend.
“ Sweet Lord. Why didn’t someone tell me?”
“ Because you fucked up all on your own and we didn’t want to fix it.” Howie informed him.
“ I had a chance to make a friend and yes I thought she was attractive and yes I messed up kissing her that day at the restaurant. But I never meant anything by it.” AJ said sounding afraid of what he had done.
“ Too bad J you fucked up and now you have Kevin to deal with. He’s never going to forgive you for this.” Howie said to him.
“ Damn. Alright we have a concert tonight right?” AJ asked.
“ Yep, I’ll pick you up. Talk to you later.” Howie said hanging up. AJ hung up and groaned he really had fucked up.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Samantha stood backstage watching Kevin and the others. She had never seen them perform and was highly impressed, she really enjoyed their energy on stage and Kevin’s smiles in her direction every chance he got. Once the concert had ended she was waiting for Kevin to meet her when she heard a voice.
“ Sam.”
“ Yeah?” She said turning around, she gasped when she saw it was AJ. Backing away from him she stopped when she could no further.
“ Hey, I’m not going to do anything. I wanted to say I was sorry.” AJ said extending his hand to her. Samantha looked at his hand and then saw Kevin coming storming towards them. Kevin grabbed AJ’s arm and pulled him away from Samantha.
“ Leave her alone.” Kevin hissed looking at AJ. AJ shrunk back for fear Kevin would hit him again.
“ I was trying to say I was sorry for what I did. I spoke to Howie and he told me what had happened. I kind of can’t remember much from that day.” AJ said looking at them.
“ That doesn’t excuse what you did. You stay away from her or I won’t stop myself next time from hurting you.” Kevin said looking at him. AJ nodded and walked away from them. Samantha looked at Kevin and then towards AJ’s retreating figure.
“ Maybe I should give him a chance.” Samantha said. Kevin turned at looked at her, she watched his angry eyes soften when he looked at her.
“ It’s up to you dear. I don’t want to give him a chance to try something again.” Kevin said wrapping his arms around her.
“ He looked like he really meant it.” Samantha said turning around in his arms. “ Alex wait.” Samantha called out to him. AJ turned and looked at the couple.
“ What?”
“ I’ll give you a chance.” Samantha said. AJ looked up into Kevin’s eyes and saw the anger that still hid in his green eyes.