- Text Size +
Hey guys, I'm back in action again!!! Here's another chapter for you guys!

p.s. Hope you all had a merry christmas!
~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter 14

“Hey Nick, get over here,” AJ called from the sitting room area of the recording studio that they were working at. As he had been for more than over a month, he was sitting in front of the TV with the news on.

“What?” Nick responded as he walked into the room. It had been a week since his last murders and he hadn’t heard anything yet. He had assumed that the bodies would have washed up by now, at least one of them anyway since he hadn’t done anything to keep such a thing from happening.

“They found two bodies,” AJ replied. Nick froze, he couldn’t believe what he had just heard. This was exactly what he wanted to happen. He was going to find out exactly how good of a murderer he was. To him, this was judgment time. He had to remain calm to keep AJ from getting any sort of suspicion towards him, he already knew more that Nick wanted him too. If it wasn’t for him and Howie, he could have gotten away with killing Naomi a long time ago.

“What they say about it?” Nick asked walking closer to AJ. He wanted to know everything that the police knew. He wanted no detail left untold, even though he knew exactly what happened that night. After all, he was the cause for all of this.

“Nothing yet, other than they found two bodies,” AJ explained. “They’re gonna be having a press conference soon to tell the public what they know.”

“You think the guy behind all of the disappearances had anything to do with this?” Nick questioned, attempting to look interested and ignorant to what was happening in the news, though that wasn’t a complete lie, he didn’t know what everyone was saying about what happened. All he knew was what AJ had been repeating, they found two bodies.

“Fuck yeah, I know that bastard killed those women,” AJ answered with anger in his voice. Nick was taken by surprise. He hadn’t seen AJ get angry over any of the news that he had heard in the past. Before, he was simply being inquisitive, wondering who possibly could be doing this, much like everyone else had been doing.

“Yo, why are you getting so mad for?”

“Because before we couldn’t prove that he had killed someone, now we have to believe it,” AJ replied, never once taking his eyes off of the television screen. Nick looked at him, what should he say to his friend?

“You said it to Howie yourself before, that we knew that he had killed this women other wise they would have shown up sooner,” Nick replied, hoping that AJ would remember his own words and relax a little. Nick didn’t want AJ to get angry. AJ’s anger might impact what Nick was doing and that was the last thing that Nick wanted to happen. He didn’t want to have to hurt his friends in any way but he knew that if the occasion ever presented it self and he would have to hurt his friends, he would do it.

“Yeah well I was hoping that I was wrong,” he said, turning to look at Nick.

“What are you getting so upset for though? It’s not like you knew any of these women.”

“That’s not the point Nick,” he replied with a sigh. “Okay, I’ve never met any of these women before, you have that much right. It’s just I don’t want to see this shit happening, especially so close to where we are. Okay, it’s been happening in the towns around us but sooner or later someone is going to get up and be like ‘aren’t the backstreet boys recording around there?’ and that’s not the kind of publicity that we need right now.”

“What the fuck are you so worried about what other people think now? What happened to the AJ that didn’t give a shit about what you thought about him as long as you didn’t get in his way?” Nick questioned. “Besides, its not like any of us had anything to do with what happened. It’s not like someone is gonna come out and be like one of us did this.”

“I still don’t give a shit about what other people say, I’m just worried that what they’re saying is going to fuck with our come back,” he answered Nick. Nick looked at him, not really believing AJ’s answer but not wanting to push it further. What else was he going to say about the matter? AJ was being stubborn and he wasn’t going to change his mind no matter what anyone said, Nick had learned when to stop fighting with AJ after spending so much time with him over the past decade.

“Good morning ladies and gentleman,” police chief Jeremy Moore greeted to the large gathering of reporters and the blinding flashing lights. “I regret to inform you of the two female bodies that we found on the east side of town this morning. Neither victim has been able to be identified due to the fact that both bodies were decapitated and the hands removed. This prevented us from running their prints through our records of missing persons,” a quiet murmur spread through the crowd. “Both women were in their early twenties. They were sexually assaulted before they were murdered then brought to the dump site. Right now, we are in the process of trying to identify these women, but they are believed to be the two women that disappeared from a local club a week ago today. The bodies fit the general descriptions of a one Kristine Thomas and one Keisha Mathews. Their families are working with the police in order to positively identify these two women by looking over the few personal affects that were found with the victims.”

“Have you been able to link these murders to the disappearances of the other women in the area?” a reporter called.

“We have not been able to confirm nor exclude the possibility that these crimes may all be linked to one man,” the chief answered.

“Chief.. Chief, over here,” another reported exclaimed, “are there any witnesses to what happened?”

“Regretfully, not to our knowledge, but we are asking that if anyone out there has any information that might help us in solving this case come to the station. We’ll protect anyone that comes to us with any solid information.”

“Do you think that the killer will strike again?”

“We have reason to believe that he will and that’s why we’re asking that all women be very cautious. We strongly recommend that if any woman is going to go to a club that they go with a group of friends and don’t leave with any man that they don’t know. We’re also asking that the public keep an eye out for any suspicious characters. If they feel that something is wrong, then report it, don’t keep it to themselves, they just might be saving someone’s life.” AJ muted the TV and looked towards Nick. Nick had his head in his hands, his eyes glued on the press conference. Nick turned his attention towards AJ when the sound went off.

“Why’d you do that for?” Nick questioned.

“It’s not like they were gonna give any more information. They were just gonna warn people and shit,” AJ replied.

“Don’t you think that we should listen to that? I mean it might be important information.”

“Unless you’re a woman its no big deal,” he stated. “It’s not like we’re going to be able to do anything anyway.”

“What happened to you wanting to figure out who was behind all of this?” Nick questioned. “You were really excited about all this before.”

“I know Nick but its too serious for us now.”

“What’s the difference between than and now other than the fact that they actually found some bodies now?”

“Nick, this sicko cut off their heads. Who the fuck in their right mind does that shit? Whoever this guy is, he’s really fucked up and I sure as hell don’t wanna get involved any more because I’m not about to put my ass in any sort of danger that I can‘t get myself out of.”

“What the hell are you talkin about? It’s not like you’re following the guy or anything. What’s the harm in talking about what you think might of happened?”

“I just don’t want to talk about it any more, okay Nick?” AJ stood up from the couch and walked out of the sitting room. Nick looked in the direction that AJ had disappeared to. He knew something, Nick thought to himself. He was hiding something and Nick had to know what that was. He was getting too close, Nick knew it.