- Text Size +
Chapter 8

Nick stared at the ceiling as he lay on the bed in his hotel room. He was to meet Naomi in a couple of hours and he had to come up with a plan. Tonight would most definitely have to be innocent. AJ knew that he was going out with her and if she disappeared that night, people might become suspicious, that’s not what he wanted, not just yet anyway. He’d have to get her another time, a time when no one knew that he was with her. That would give him protection. If they couldn’t prove that he was even with Naomi then they could only speculate that he had something to do with her disappearance.

Not that the story would stick for long. His celebrity status would help him out. After all, why would a guy in his position have to kill for sex when there were countless women throwing themselves at him? It was the perfect cover. Nick closed his eyes. They weren’t recording the next day, maybe after his date with Naomi, he could head out and pick up some other girl to use.

He was beginning to get bored and restless. It had been nearly two weeks since he had killed Allison and he was itching to get back into action. In his mind it had been way too long since the last murder. The adrenaline rush had faded long ago. When Nick reopened his eyes, he continued to think about the murder. He began to wonder why he hadn’t realized his fetish long before. It wasn’t as if one day he woke up and said I’m going to get turned on by murdering people. There was something more behind it, there had to be something more behind it.

Maybe all the politicians and people like that were right, all the violent images that had been systematically etched into his mind created his now violent tendencies. But then again, all of the other boys had been exposed to it and they hadn’t turned into vicious serial killers. They were the same guys he’s always known them to be, not much had changed over the years. Maybe this was due to the fact that he was at a more impressionable age then the rest of the group had been. Or maybe it was just fate. Maybe this was what he was destined to do. Who says that everyone’s destiny had to be positive? After all there has to be a balance between good and evil. He was only helping to maintain that balance.

What could be wrong with that? Balance was an important aspect in this world, at least that’s what he had come to believe. Nick pulled his eyes shut again as images of all of his murders started to flood his mind, he groaned, wanting to take action but knowing he couldn’t because too many people knew too much.

“Hey Nick,” AJ called as he stuck his head into Nicks’ hotel room.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” Nick asked and AJ nodded with a grin on his face. “Well, you should give it a shot sometime, who knows you might actually like it.”

“Fuck you. It wasn’t like I was interrupting anything anyway,” AJ refuted.

“That’s not the point..” Nick started but stopped. “So what do you want anyway?”

“Nothing really, just wondering when you were going to see Naomi?”

“At eight when I go to pick her up. Why?” Nick asked, raising an eye brow.

“No reason really.”

“You never have no reason. Do you like her or something and are just mad that I beat you to the punch?” Nick remarked.

“No, I’m not mad,” he said defensively while taunting Nick.

“I don’t know J, it doesn’t seem that way from over here.”

“Maybe you should look more carefully then jackass,” AJ responded. “I’m so fucking bored man, there ain’t shit to do. I have this insane case of writers block and I can’t get any god damn lyrics out and it‘s making me crazy.”

“And all of this would be my problem because why?”

“I don’t know, I just thought you had some shit goin’ on that might help me think of some song lyrics, ya know.”

“We don’t need any more songs J, we’ve got like a million songs that we can use. Just give it a rest.”

“So what are your plans for tonight?” AJ asked. Nick looked up at AJ, not really wanting to have the conversation that he knew they were going to have no matter how much he refused. AJ was just like that. For some reason, he had this talent, though to others it seemed to be more of a curse of getting people to tell him almost anything that he wanted to know. Nick knew this very well and attempted to avoid any conversation with AJ that might implicate him.

“With Naomi? I don’t know really. I was just thinking of getting some drinks and talkin’ for a while.”

“Think you’ll be able to get her into bed?” Nick shrugged.

“Wasn’t really worrying about it,” Nick answered.

“Please, if I know you, which I do, the first thing that went through your mind was how good would this chick be in bed.”

“No, that’s what you thought the first time that you saw her. The first thing that went through my mind was ‘damn that drink was cold.’” AJ chuckled.

“Okay, so it was the second thing,” AJ replied.

“What was it that you wanted again?”

“I can’t just visit these days? Shit Nick, I thought you thought higher of me, but obviously I was wrong. Maybe I should leave.”

“Yeah you should do that J,” Nick replied as AJ started to walk towards the door. “Oh and next time J, knock or I’ll kick your ass.”

“Whatever,” AJ replied giving Nick the finger as he walked out of the door. Nick rose from the bed and locked his door. He didn’t want anyone else coming in uninvited. Nick laid back down on his bed and shut his eyes. He just wanted time to pass. There was nothing for him to do around this hotel and he was getting sick of it.

Nick opened his eyes after what only felt like a few seconds he, glanced at his clock and saw that it was ten past eight. “Shit,” he cursed to himself as he jumped from the bed. Nick disappeared into the bathroom and ran a brush through his hair hoping to hide all signs that he had fallen asleep. Quickly, he ran out of his room and towards the stairs. She was only staying two floors below them and Nick couldn’t figure out how he hadn’t met her prior to their literal run in the night before. Nick knocked on Naomi’s’ door, hoping that she wouldn’t be mad at him.

“Hey Nick,” Naomi stated when she opened the door.

“I’m sorry I’m late, I feel asleep and I just woke up,” Nick explained.

“It’s okay Nick, it was only ten minutes,” she replied. Nick smiled at her. “So did you have an idea where to go or do you just want to come in?”

“Um.. How about we go inside until we decide where to go,” Nick suggested.

“Alright, come on it,” Naomi said, opening the door to allow Nick entrance. “So Nick, what do you want to talk about?”

“I don’t know. Anything you want to I guess,” he replied as he looked around the room, a room that was nearly identical to his with the exception of the personal mementos that were scattered around the room.

“Okay,” she said with a sigh, “what brings you to this part of town?”

“The boys and I are working on the new record. It just seemed easier to stay at a hotel rather than traveling back and fourth a few hours every day,” Nick explained. “It wasn’t really my idea though. I would have preferred to stay at home. It’s not like we ever get to spend much time there. Kev basically forced me to come here. He knew that I would be late everyday if I didn’t,” Nick replied with a laugh.

“Why didn’t you guys record at a place closer to home?”

“I’m the only one that lives in the area. The other guys have homes all over the place. I guess they figured it would be better if we were all displaced.”

“Now I don’t think that’s true,” Naomi replied. “It’s probably just more convenient that way. I would rather be closer to where I was recording so that I could get more sleep.”

“Yeah, true,” Nick answered. “You’re a singer. What kind of music are you aiming towards for your album?”

“If I had my way? I’d make it a pop/rock album, but a little more heavier on the rock. I can’t do all that yelling shit you hear but I like the reality behind most of the songs. Unfortunately I think they are gonna make me do a pure pop album just to see how that floats.”

“Yeah, I understand. When you first get started you have a lot of people pushing you around, telling you what to do, how to sing, what songs to sing. But if you do good then you’ll get more freedom. It’s a slow transition but at least it happens.”

“I guess, but you really don’t want to talk about work do you?” Naomi asked as she sat down on her bed and looked at Nick.

“What makes you say that?”

“Because you have to talk about it all the time and I’m sure you’ve gotten sick of the topic. Don’t think I don’t know that, Nick. Let’s make this conversation a little bit more real, how about we talk about the things that you can’t talk about on the radio and on TV? What’s your fantasy Nick?”

“I’m living my fantasy,” he replied.

“Really? Is that so?”

~*~*~*~*~
I'm soooooooooooooooo sorry it took so long to update! I've been so busy with school that I haven't had any time to write! Well, I'm out for the summer right now (kinda anyway) so hopefully updates will be more regular, can't promise anything though.