- Text Size +
Chapter 9

Nick pulled Naomi’s door shut quietly as he headed into the deafening silence of the hotel hallway. He ran his hand through his hair as he opened the door to the stair case. Part of him felt bad for leaving like he did; leaving her sleeping alone, naked after they had sex. On the other hand, there was a part of him that just had to get out of there, that part prevailed. Naomi was the first woman that he had sex with and lived to tell about it. Quickly, Nick crept into his room, hoping that no one had heard him. He didn’t want to talk about what had just happened.

He needed some time to figure out what just happened. Maybe it could be a good thing. If people knew that they were getting along fine and something ‘mysterious’ was to happen to her, no one would dwell on Nick for long. Of course, they would look at the new man in her life but no one would be able to tell anyone about any problems they were having since there weren’t any. They hadn’t even been together long enough, if they were even together at all, to have any problems. But even that wouldn’t completely convince everyone that he had nothing to do with it.

Nick sat on the bed and put his head in his hands. He had to figure something out. There has to be something behind this. There has to be something that he could use to his advantage. Yes, that’s it, Nick thought to himself, if he has a girlfriend, there would be even less of a reason for him to go after women. But then how would he explain his long absences to Naomi? Eventually she was going to catch on, but who said anything about keeping her around for a long period of time anyway? Nick smiled to himself, content with his ideas, at least for now.

Nick rose from his bed, feeling dangerous. He was about to give himself the perfect alibi. He was going to go out, find himself another woman and sneak back into Naomi’s room all before she even knew that he was gone, that way, if anyone should ask where he was, she could say that he was with her all night. He knew that something good would come out of this. Nick moved swiftly to one of his bags near the night stand and pulled out his black skull cap and sunglasses. He wouldn’t change, he would just keep his jacket on.

Quietly, Nick moved back into the hallway and made his way downstairs, carefully watching for anyone that might recognize him. As he made his way down, he continually looked around him, making sure that if he was seen, he’d know about it. Finally, after a few cautious minutes, Nick made he was out of the hotel through a secret side exit. Once stepping outside, he took in his new surroundings. The street was completely desolate, not a soul around for as far as the eye can see. Satisfied with what he saw, Nick walked around the corner to where he had parked his car.

Opening the door, Nick looked around again, not wanting to throw caution to the wind. Once again, he saw no one. Once again satisfied, he pulled out of the parking lot. Nick wasn’t sure where to go. He hadn’t had any time to plan this time. After driving around for about an hour, Nick came across a small club that seemed to be full of life. Perfect, Nick thought to himself as he pulled into the parking lot. Before he could be seen, he put his hat and glasses on. If he wasn’t careful someone could spot him there and his plan would be foiled.

Stepping out of the car, Nick walked towards the main door. Just like the other clubs, there was no guard at the door. Silently, as to not draw attention to himself, Nick made his way through the club, scanning the people around him. He’d have to be quick. That meant that he’d have to settle for an easy woman, which by the looks of things, wasn’t going to be a hard task. Looking over the crowd once again, he found a pretty young girl sitting on a stool staring right at him with a smirk on her face. She was alone. Nick smirked as he made his way towards her.

“How you doing cowboy?” the woman asked when Nick had reached her.

“A lot better now that I’ve found you,” he replied. She grinned at him.

“Really? Is that so?” she questioned as she seductively licked her lips.

“Yeah babe it is,” he replied as he brought his body close to hers.

“And why would that be?”

“Because now the fun can begin,” he remarked with an excited smirk on his face.

“What’s your name, cowboy?”

“Chris.” She smiled.

“I’m Amy.”

“So Amy, how ’bout me and you blow this place and have a little bit of fun on our own?” Nick questioned as he looked over her body. Her long brown hair was resting on her right shoulder, the strands reaching down almost as far as her stomach. Her blue eyes sparkled with a passion, a wildness that Nick craved.

“I was beginning to think that you were never going to ask,” she replied as she hoped off of the stool in which she had been sitting.

“I’ve got a place not too far from here,” he stated as they walked out of the club. “It’s a private little place where we won’t be bothered by anyone.”

“Sounds absolutely perfect.”

“Yeah, I thought so,” Nick replied as they reached his car. He unlocked the passenger door for Amy.

“Can I ask you something?” Amy asked once Nick had entered the car. He looked at her after he started the car and replied.

“Yeah, sure.”

“Why doesn’t a sexy guy like yourself not have a girl to have a little fun with?”

“’Cause part of the fun is finding them, so I usually don’t get attached.”

“Yeah,” she said, turning to face Nick. “Why did you lie about your name?” Nick turned his head quickly to look at Amy while attempting to remain cool. With a face of mock confusion, he asked..

“What are you talking about?”

“Come on Nick,” she said, “I know who you are. Your fucking famous for god sakes. Did you really think that you were going to be able to go into a club and not be recognized?”

“Who the fuck are you?” Nick asked as he pulled his glasses off.

“Does it really matter Nick? You’re gonna get what you want. Is that all that really matters to you?” she questioned.

“Amy, tell me what this is all about.”

“There’s nothing about it Nick,” she replied.

“Tell me what you were thinking back there,” he demanded as he turned his head to glare quickly at Amy, then back onto the road.

“I wanted to see if you were really like all the rumors that I’ve heard about you,” she stated simply. “I wanted to know if the real Nick Carter was really that sex addict that the papers had made him out to be.”

“How’d you know who I was?” Nick questioned seriously. He was going to have to do something more clever to keep his identity a secret now. If someone had figured out who he was, there was no telling if someone else back at the club had figured out who he was. He had to know the flaw so that he could fix it.

“A fan always knows.” Shit, Nick thought to himself, she’s a fucking fan. This hadn’t happened before. All the other women were just random girls that he had picked up, they didn’t know who he really was. They didn’t know anything about him. They didn’t know what he did for a living, they didn’t know of a way to find him if something went wrong. His real name was unknown to them. Those girls just thought he was Chris and nothing more. Even in the slim chance that they did escape, there would be no way for them to find him. They wouldn’t have a name; and identity.

What the fuck was he going to do? He couldn’t just drop her off and forget that this had ever happened. The little bit that he knew of her personality told him that. She’d probably go searching for his cabin and if she found it, she might find something there no one was ever meant to see. He was going to have to go through with the plan. There was no turning back now, he had come too far. She knew too much for him just to forget about her and drop her off. She’d probably go to the police or something if he just abandoned her. That would bring too much attention to himself and he knew it.

“Why are you so quite now, huh, Nick?” Amy questioned, bring Nick out of his thoughts. “Don’t act like you’ve never fucked a fan before. I know you have, we‘re always the easiest aren‘t we?”

“That’s not fair,” Nick shot back.

“What’s not fair? The truth?”

“You don’t know the truth, you don’t know the half of it Amy.”

“Why if I did, I wouldn’t be saying this would I?” she questioned with fake sympathy and a mocking pout. Nick gripped the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles were turning white he was holding on so hard. Amy had really stuck a chord with him and pissed him off. Now he was actually going to enjoy killing her. Just moments before he had second thoughts learning that she was a fan, but now, he couldn’t care less. Fan or not, he wanted to kill her. She didn’t know anything about him. She didn’t know what he was going through, she didn’t know his pain, and she didn’t know the unhealthy obsession that he now found himself in. Sure, she have a relatively good idea about Nicks obsession. She didn’t know everything.

And what she didn’t know would literally kill her. She didn’t know that Nick had reached a point in his live where he had lost most of his sanity; decency as a human being. He slowly become a monster without knowing it and he was beginning to love it. It was people like Amy who did this to him. They were the ones, the leeches, that sucked out every ounce of compassion and decency that had ever coursed its way through Nicks veins. It was the world that had made him like this and everyone had to pay for their mistakes. It was his job to make them pay. Nick realized that now. He finally understood why he had become the person he now found himself to be. It was the will of a higher being. He was to be the ultimate embodiment of revenge and fear. A sudden wave of satisfaction rushed through Nick once he came to this conclusion. He had finally found his place, he reason for being. Singing was just a cover for his higher calling. Nick pulled into the small driveway of the cabin that had suddenly became a symbol of everything he was ever supposed to be.

“We’re here,” Nick stated as he exited the car. Amy looked at the cabin and a visible blanket of nerves wrapped itself around her.

“Are you sure that it’s safe in there?” she asked as she too exited the car, not wanting to remain outside alone.

“Of course I’m sure. I’ve been staying here for a while now and nothing has happened to me,” he answered and then turned to walk to the cabin. “Are you going to come inside or what?” he asked once he arrived at the door and opened it. Amy took one nervous look at her surroundings and ran after Nick.

“What attracted you to a place like this?” Amy asked after Nick shut the door.

“The privacy,” he replied. “Want a drink?”

“Yeah,” she answered quickly. He smiled and walked into the kitchen and poured a single drink for Amy, not forgetting to add his secret ingredient.

“Here,” he said handing it to Amy once he had walked back into the living room.

“You’re not having one?” she asked as she took the glass and nearly emptied the contents in one shot.

“I’m not the one who’s afraid.”

“So are we going to do this or what?” Amy asked, feeling a little dizzy but ignoring it. Nick didn’t answer. He just watched her until she passed out and landed with a loud thud onto the floor. Nick walked into the bedroom, and picked up the gun. He walked back out to the living room and aimed it at Amy. He paused. He realized that if he shot her the blood would spatter onto him and his clothes. Nick walked back into the bedroom and changed into an old t-shirt and sweat pants then returned to the living room and shot Amy in the head.