- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash Back May 1995~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anna stood there in her room while her mom and aunt helped her with her dress and hair.
“ Are you ready for the prom?” She heard her brother call up the stairs.
“ Almost is Brandon here?” She called down the stairs.
“ Not yet, but I have a feeling he’ll be here soon. You three best hurry. Don’t forget to get lots of pictures. Kevin wanted us to send him some.”
“ Yes Jerold we know this. The camera is down there.” Ann yelled down the stairs. Ann looked at her daughter and smiled.
“ Come on we best get down there before your brother has a heart attack.” Ann said
Anna walked down the stairs and smiled as her brother took a picture. Anna smiled as she looked at Brandon standing there in the doorway with a corsage.
“ You look beautiful.” He said kissing her softly. Anna let Brandon place the corsage on her wrist and led her out to his car. He waited for her to get in and then ran around the other side. They arrived at the high school a short time later. Brandon led her into the building and stopped long enough for them to have pictures taken and then he led her into the building. They had stopped for a nice dinner shortly before arriving at the school. Brandon was older than Anna by two years so he had ordered himself a drink and had gotten one. It upset her that he had even one drink but decided not to let that fact ruin their evening. They had danced and enjoyed the evening at the prom and Anna’s best friend Morgan was crowned Queen of the prom and they had decided to go to an after prom party at one of the football players homes. Of course his parents where rich and out of town. There was everyone imaginable at that party and Anna had brought a change of cloths and had changed into her favorite Capri pants and matching shirt. She was dancing with her friend when she saw Brandon out of the corner of her eye. She could see he had been drinking and decided to ask him for his keys.
“ Brandon, give me the keys.”
“ No.” He slurred looking into her eyes.
“ Your drunk. I am calling my mom and having her pick me up.”
“ You don’t need to do that. I brought you here I’ll take you home.” He shouted at her. Anna looked at him and then at the group that was now staring at them.
“ Fine.” She growled figuring she could get the keys from him outside. She followed him from the party, stopping long enough to tell her friends that she was leaving and that she’d seen them at school on Monday. Running behind him she grabbed his arm and stopped him from getting into the car.
“ Give me the damned keys. Brandon your drunk out of your mind and I don’t want us getting killed.” Anna said looking at him. She stood there with her right hand extended and her left hand on his arm.
“ No. Now bitch get into the car.” He said backhanding her. Anna fell backwards onto the gravel cutting her leg and hands. Getting up and dusting herself off she slid into the car and prayed that he’d get her home alive. They headed down the dirt road towards the main road to head back into town and then to the other side of town to her house. She hated this it was dark and of course her luck it had started to rain. She reached forward and turned on the radio and then looked at Brandon. He was quietly watching the road, every once in a while his hands would leave the wheel, especially his right hand cause it was always on her hip.
“ Brandon just watch the road.” Anna hissed moving his hand. Brandon grumbled something and then ran his hand up her leg again. Anna finally smacked him hard and then looked up to see headlights in their lane.
“ BRANDON! WATCH OUT!” She screamed, she felt the impact of the oncoming car and then her door swung open and she flew from the car. The last thing she remembered was hearing an explosion before her world went black.


She woke three days later, she looked around where she was confused, her eyes focused on the balloons and the flowers that filled the room and then she looked at the side of the bed to find Kevin sitting there.
“ Kevin.” She said, barely recognizing her own voice. Kevin’s head snapped up and he looked at her.
“ Anna, your awake.”
“ What happened?” Anna asked, she could barely move and wanted to know what happened.
“ There was an accident.” Kevin said looking at her. “ Let me go get mom and tell her your awake.” He said kissing her forehead.
“ I can’t feel my legs.” Anna said fear filling her voice.
“ I know baby I know.” Kevin said whipping the tears away. Kevin opened the door to the room and saw his mother standing there talking to the doctor.
“ She’s awake.” Kevin said, his voice low, he wasn’t sure she had heard it. Ann looked towards her youngest son and nodded.
“ She doesn’t know what happened.” Kevin said looking at his mother.
“ Nothing?”
“ She’s confused about what happened.”
“ That happens. Give her time she will remember everything.” The doctor explained. Kevin nodded and ushered his mother back into the room. Anne was crying sitting up and looking at her now immobile legs.
“ Where is Brandon?” She asked looking towards her mother and brother. Ann looked at her and sighed.
“ He didn’t make it.”
“ He didn’t make what? Mom?”
“ He’s dead honey. You where thrown from the car upon impact.”
“ What about my legs? Will the feeling return?”
“ No, baby it wont. Your back has been broken, the spine was completely sevored.” Ann said to her daughter. Anna let out a chocked sob. Kevin moved over and pulled his sister into his arms and looked up at his brothers that now stood in the doorway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Anna looked at Suzie and could see the tears that rolled down Suzie’s cheeks.
“ He brought it upon himself, but I didn’t want him to die. I would never have wished that on him. I miss him everyday. I have pictures. If you want them I’ll give you the last pictures we had taken. But I want you to know that if this is why you want to kill us, then know this your killing four people not three.” Anna said looking at Suzie.
“ What?”
“ I’m Pregnant. I found out before Kevin came up missing. It’s Alex’s but had Brandon lived it would have been his. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I had thought that was what was going to happen, but that night ended it all. It ended my life. Yes I’ve moved on with Alex now but for 5 years I was afraid of letting any man into my heart because it hurt so much.” Anna said looking at her. “ Just let us go. We will not tell anyone that this happened.”
“ It’s all over the news that Kevin was kidnapped and you where told not to tell the press.”
“ I didn’t. His manager did. Just let us go and no one will be the wiser.” Anna said looking at her. Suzie looked towards the door and saw Marcus standing there.
“ Take her back in there with them. I need to think.” Suzie said storming from the room. Marcus nodded and lifted Anna into his arms and carried her back into the room. He set her gently on the floor and then walked from the room.