- Text Size +
Brian nearly ran into the police station and nearly ran into Kevin.
“ Oh god.” Brian said pulling Kevin into a tight hug. Kevin hugged Brian and then looked at Howie.
“ How bad is it?”
“ Not to bad I spent a week in the hospital but I am doing fine. They thought I was going to die.”
“ Howie. I am glad to see you’re alright.” Anna said looking at him from where she sat on one of the benches. Howie sat down next to her and hugged her.
“ All I saw was that man with a gun, he shot me. I wanted to protect you.” Howie said to her.
“ I saw him. Not his face but I saw him. I saw his face after the fact. And it was my talking to Suzie.”
“ Are you pressing charges?” The officer asked.
“ No, I don’t wish to press charges. We where released and unharmed.”
“ What of his shoulder?”
“ I did that to myself.”
“ And of your friend being shot?”
“ That’s up to Howie if he wants to press charges. That’s up to him.” Anna said looking at her friend.
“ I don’t want to. I just want this over.” Howie said looking at the officer.
“ Alright then your all free to go.” The officer said. Nick moved forward and picked up Anna.
“ I brought your chair.” Nick said setting her down in the chair. Anna smiled and kissed his cheek.
“ Thanks.” She said looking towards AJ. “ Let’s get that shoulder looked at.” She said to him. AJ nodded and headed towards the waiting car. They arrived at the hospital a short time later. Anna sat in the waiting room with everyone else as they took AJ to the back. She hated the fact that he had been hurt at all but at least they where safe and alive. Anna looked up as she saw two people enter the waiting room.
“ Suzie?” Anna said looking at her.
“ I thought I’d come and see how everything was.” Suzie said. She looked towards Howie and then at Marcus.
“ I’m sorry about that.” She said looking at him.
“ At least we’ve worked out our problem.” Howie said to her. Suzie nodded and smiled.
“ Very much so.” Suzie said. “ So how is the little one?” She asked looking at Anna. Kevin looked towards his sister and then back at Suzie.
“ Little one?” Kevin said.
“ I’m pregnant Kevin. I found out just before you came up missing.”
“ Does Alex know?”
“ Not yet. But as soon as he’s done with the doctor I’ll tell him.”
“ Tell him what?” AJ asked coming from the back, his arm in a sling across his chest.
“ That I’m pregnant.” Anna said with a smile.
“ Oh my god you’re kidding?” AJ said with a smile.
“ Nope. I’d say about four months. And it’s going to be a boy.” She said with a smile.
“ That is so great. We have to get married first.” AJ said suddenly.
“ Really?” Anna said. He hadn’t even talked about marriage before and now suddenly finding out she was pregnant he was talking about it. “ I don’t want you to marry me because I’m pregnant.”
“ I want to marry you because you’re my life, you’re my soul. You’re my everything.” AJ said leaning down and kissing her sweetly.