- Text Size +
“ Alex are you sure you aren’t scared?” Anna asked
“ Nope not scared at all.” AJ said kissing her cheek lightly.
“ Alright. How about we talk to Kev.”
“ How about we just be together. Cause I know your going home soon.” AJ said to her.
“ I don’t have to go home.” Anna said looking at him. AJ nodded and kissed her lips softly. He pulled away from her as he heard what sounded like a low growl coming from Kevin.
“ Kevin, leave it alone.” Anna said looking towards her brother.
“ No, now let’s get you back to your room.” Kevin said coming over to her.
“ Fine.” Anna said as he wheeled her from the room.


Anna watched as AJ seemed to slip further and further into a deep depression. She knew he had broken up with his girlfriend and with the death of his grandmother he seemed to close himself off from the world. She had been sleeping late one night after a show when he returned home and she could hear his giggling all the way into her room. She lay quietly listening to the shouting. She could make out her brother’s voice and then AJ’s slurred voice and then silence. She waited and fell back to sleep. She heard shouting early the next morning and as she made her way to the hallway. She could hear Kevin’s voice all the way down the hall.
“ Your worthless. Again you’re messing up. I can’t take this anymore AJ.” Kevin shouted threw the door. Anna wasn’t sure what had happened but she could tell her brother was pissed.
“ Kevin what’s going on?” Anna asked coming into the hallway.
“ He’s hung over or fucking drugged out of his mind and is sleeping.” Kevin shouted at her. Anna looked at him strangely and then towards the door to AJ’s room.
“ Maybe he’s sick?” She offered as an explanation. Kevin shook his head and threw his hands in the air, he wasn’t arguing with her over the state of mind that AJ was in. Anna touched AJ’s door and then lightly knocked.
“ What the fuck do you want?” AJ shouted as he opened the door. Anna looked up at him with wide eyes. AJ looked down at her with anger in his eyes.
“ What did you want?” he asked again.
“ Never mind.” Anna said wheeling herself back to her room. She took one last look towards AJ and then went into her room and closed the door.
“ Shit.” AJ said realizing what he had just done. He had yelled at one of his best friends and the girl he cared about.
“ Screwed up big didn’t ya J.” Howie said standing in the hall.
“ Screw you D.” AJ said walking into the room and slamming the door closed.
“ No thanks I think you’ve done yourself plenty today.” Howie said heading into his own room then changing his mind he decided he wanted to go and check on Anna. Knocking on the door he waited, he could hear soft crying from the other side. Using his spare key card he let himself in.
“ Awe honey.” Howie said seeing her sitting near the window crying.
“ He yelled at me.” Anna said looking at him. Howie put his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.
“ I know honey. He didn’t mean it.” Howie said looking at her.
“ He’s never yelled at me. I wish he would get some help.”
“ I think he will.” Howie said to her.
“ D, you in here?” Nick’s voice asked from the hallway.
“ Yeah Nick. It’s open man.” Howie said from his place sitting next to Anna.
“ What’s wrong Anna?” Nick asked seeing her red puffy eyes looking at him.
“ It’s nothing major Nick.” Howie said standing “ What’s up?”
“ AJ wants us to meet him in the conference room. Now.” Nick said looking at them.
“ What does he want?” Anna asked her voice dripping with anger.
“ I don’t know but it’s an emergency.”
“ Alright come on let’s go talk with him.” Howie said looking at Nick. “ You want to come?” He asked Anna.
“ Might as well I can’t hide forever.” She said wheeling towards the door.

Anna wheeled into the room behind Howie and Nick. She heard what sounded like AJ crying. She stopped in the doorway where he couldn’t see her.
“ What’s going on?” Kevin asked.
“ I need help.” AJ said looking at them.
“ What kind of help?” Howie asked sitting next to his best friend.
“ For my drinking and drug abuse. I really need help I realized that when I yelled at Kevin and then at Anna.” AJ said putting his face in his hands and sobbing.
“ When are you leaving?” Howie asked.
“ Today.” Kevin said looking at them.
“ You knew about this?”
“ Yeah AJ talked to me first. He wants to do this.”
“ I will support him no matter what.” Anna said from her place in the doorway.
“ Thank you.” AJ said looking at her.
” I will find that person in me that you haven’t met yet Anna.”
“ Good you do that and when you get out I will be here for you.” Anna said moving herself closer. AJ looked at her, she hadn’t said much to him lately. Actually he hadn’t given her much time to say anything. Nodding he stood and followed Kevin from the room. Anna sat there for a long while and then turned towards the others.
“ It’s good for him.” Anna said looking at him.
“ I hope your right.” Howie said looking at her. Anna nodded and headed from the room she wanted to be alone.



It was a hard 30 days. Anna talked to AJ over the phone as often as was allowed. But Kevin kept a close eye on her. He still didn’t like the idea of her dating AJ.
“ I don’t want you seeing him anymore.” Kevin said looking at her.
“ I am 23 years old Kevin you have no right to tell me who I can and can not see.”
“ I can and will. AJ has a lot of problems you don’t need right now.” Kevin said looking at her. He wanted her to understand that he wasn’t being mean but just trying to protect her. Anna wasn’t sure why Kevin was being the way he was but she figured that he would be protective but not around his closest friends.
“ I want to help him with his problems.
“ Then to help him stay away from him.” Kevin said again.
“ Fine.” She mumbled moving away from him and going into her room. She was angry with Kevin but she wasn’t going to say anything to him. She looked towards Kevin’s wife and groaned when Kristin seemed to be angry that she was there. Anna shook her head and wheeled herself from the room.