- Text Size +
“ Kris why do you treat her that way?” Kevin asked looking at his wife.
“ Because she’s not welcome here.” Kristin said looking at him. Kevin looked at his wife as if she had lost her mind.
“ She’s my younger sister.”
“ She’s your only sister. And you’ve been babying her since the accident.”
“ I have not. I am protective as is my brothers. Why is this suddenly an issue with you?” Kevin asked.
“ Because she’s been taking up every waking minuet of your time. She needs rides places she needs all of your time.”
“ She doesn’t need all of my time.” Kevin shouted. “ And as for rides she has her own car.”
“ But she asks you to take her places.”
“ She asks me to ride along. You know something I am tired of explaining things to you. This is ridiculous we discussed her being here.” Kevin said looking at her.
“ We did when she first moved in back what was it a year ago Kev. I want to have children and I don’t want to have to worry that when we do they are going to get run over by her.” Kristin said. Kevin looked at her and then towards the hallway where his sister sat with tears in her eyes. Anna turned her chair and hurried from the house. She never would have believed that she was such an inconvience. She made her way down the driveway away from the house, tears streaming down her cheeks.
“ Anna, Anna what’s wrong?” She heard a voice yelling from a distance. She turned her chair and saw AJ standing at the end of the driveway.
“ She doesn’t want me here. I’m an inconvience she doesn’t want me here.” Anna cried as AJ moved closer to her.
“ Who’s mean to you?” AJ asked getting down in front of her.
“ Kristin, she hates me. She told Kevin that she hated me being here.”
“ Then you can come home with me. I am visiting cause Kevin had called us all, we needed to get back on the road.”
“ Are you sure your ready?” Anna asked looking into his eyes.
“ Yeah I am. I want to take the time to thank everyone that helped me, everyone who stood by me no matter what.” AJ said looking at her.
“ I wasn’t one of them that stood by you.”
“ Yes you did. Anna in your own way you are the reason I went into rehab to get my head on straight. I wanted you to understand that I care about what you think and what you say.” AJ said taking her hands in his own.
“ Thanks.” Anna said as she looked into his brown eyes. Something she hadn’t ever seen when they first met. He had always hid his eyes behind dark glasses.
“ Anytime babe. Now come on lets get back to the house before Kevin sends out the search party.” AJ said wheeling her back towards the house. Kevin stood at the end of the driveway with Brian.
“ Let them be.” Brian whispered.
“ Didn’t we already have this conversation?” Kevin asked looking at his younger cousin. Brain nodded and left it alone, he watched AJ bring Anna back and that was when he saw the tears that had made their way down her cheeks.
“ What happened?” Kevin asked looking at AJ.
“ That bitch happened.” Anna said pointing towards Kristin.
“ What did I do to you?” Kristin asked moving forward.
“ You came out and told my brother you don’t want me here. So I will make you happy I am leaving.”
“ What?” Kevin asked looking at her.
“ I am leaving. I have been planning for a while. But after hearing what she said I don’t want to be here anymore.” Anna said wheeling herself into the house. AJ looked at Kevin and then followed Anna into the house.
“ Good riddance.” Kristin said walking towards the house. Brian shook his head and looked at Kevin.
“ Your wife seems to hate Anna. I agree with Anna she doesn’t need this kind of stress, you of all people should understand that.” Brian said to him. Kevin turned towards his home and watched as his sister, with help from Howie and AJ loaded things into her car. She slid into the car and watched as AJ placed her wheelchair in the back. Sliding into the passenger side of the car he waited.
“ I am sorry I cant be here anymore Kev. I love you.” Anna said starting the car and leaving the yard.
“ Why did I buy her that car?”
“ So you could watch the selfish bitch leave our lives.” Kristin said coming up behind her husband. Kevin spun around and faced her anger flashing in his eyes.
“ Her selfish? I want your things packed and you gone by the time I get back.”
“ Me? How is this my fault?”
“ You’ve been yelling at her every day since she moved in with us.” Kevin shouted.
“ Then maybe you shouldn’t have had her move in with us. I didn’t want her here. I agreed because I wanted to be with you.”
“ I don’t want to talk to you anymore.” Kevin said heading into the house.
“ Fine always take that brats side, you always sided with her more than you did me.” Kristin shouted.
“ Let it go Kris.” Brian said looking at her.
“ Why, the only time you come around here is when he calls and you need to work.” Kristin said looking at Brian.
“ Because she’s my cousin, and was in the family long before you joined this family. I am tired of you talking about Anna as if she isn’t one of the family.”
“ She wouldn’t have been. She would have died that night, but she didn’t and she became that cripple.” Kristin spat at him. Brain took a step back and looked at the woman in front of him. Kristin and Kevin hadn’t been married long and Brian was wondering what Kevin ever saw in her.
“ What is your problem? You see Anna as nothing more than a waste of space, you know what I hope that with this Kevin leaves you.” Brian shouted at her. Kristin looked at him and then slapped him hard across the face.
“ What the hell are you doing?” Kevin said looking at her. Kristin spun around and looked at him. She took a step back as she looked at the anger in his eyes.
“ He insulted me.” Kristin said looking at him.
“ I don’t care if he called you a whore don’t you ever do that again.” Kevin growled as he brushed past her. Brian smirked and shook his head.
“ Blood is thicker than water Kris, you should know that by now.” Brian said heading in the direction of his cousin.
“ She’s gone. And I am glad the little bitch is gone.” Kristin said heading into the house.