- Text Size +
Brian paced the waiting room, he had always hated the hospital, he had been there plenty of times and didn’t like it when his friends where there. He looked up as a doctor entered, nudging Nick awake as he stood he extended his hand out to his the doctor.
“ I am Brian Littrell. How is our friend?”
“ He’s resting, the bullet missed major organs but he lost a lot of blood.”
“ Is he alive?” Nick asked looking at the doctor.
“ Barely but yes.”
“ Can we see him?”
“ Soon.”
“ Thank you.” Brian said looking at Nick, he could see that his young friend was about to cry. Brian hugged his young friend and looked up as the doctor came again into the room they where in.
“ You can see him now.” The doctor said leading them down the hall. Nick looked into the room and sighed as he entered, Howie looked so small in the bed, his usually tanned complexion pale, his eyes closed and breathing labored.
“ No machine to help him breath.”
“ No, he is able to breath on his own so we decided that he didn’t need the tube.” The doctor said looking at them. Nick nodded and sat down next to his friend. He looked at Howie and then towards Brian.
“ We could have lost him tonight.”
“ We lost Anna instead. She wasn’t at the house.” Brian said looking at his friends.



Anna moaned as her world slowly came back to her.
“ Welcome back princess.” She heard the male voice that had taken her say.
“ Hmm!”
“ Oh I know you can’t talk but then again neither can the other two. We are moving you.” Marcus said looking down at Anna, he reached down and pulled the blindfold off and discarded it, he watched her try to get her eyes adjusted to the light in the room. Her eyes settled on his face, he watched her eyes narrow in anger.
“ I am sorry.” He whispered to her. Anna looked away from him her eyes locking with AJ’s and Kevin’s she sighed with some relief that they where safe. She felt the van they where in come to a stop.
“ Take them inside.” She heard the woman that hit her say. She still wasn’t sure what she looked like.



Anna lay on the floor of the small room they had been placed in. They had been untied and AJ had removed her gag. She had moved away from him and sat in the corner alone.
“ Babe, talk to me.” AJ said pain filling his voice. Anna looked towards him, her legs out straight in front of her.
“ Come here.” Anna said to him. AJ crawled over to her, Anna placed her hand on AJ’s shoulder and felt around and grabbed his arm and made it pop back into place.
“ Son of a bitch.” AJ said grabbing his shoulder.
“ Did that help?” Anna asked looking into pain filled brown eyes.
“ Yeah I guess.”
“ Sorry, you know how much I hate hurting you.” She said kissing his cheek. She waited for him to get comfortable and then rested her head against his good shoulder.
“ Let me look at that bruise.” Kevin said looking at her.
“ Sure why not it’s not like it’s going anywhere.” Anna said looking at Kevin. Kevin ran his finger over the bruise that took up most of the one side of her face.
“ It will heal but it will take some time.”
“ How much time do we have? She wants us dead. I heard that much.”
“ Why would she want us dead?” AJ asked holding her close.
“ I killed her brother, that’s enough to want me alone or dead or both.” Anna said as tears began to roll down her cheeks.
“ You didn’t kill that drunk, that fucker killed himself. Anna I’m not going to tell you again. I watched you beat yourself up about this stuff five years ago I wont see it again.”
“ You wont have to worry about it long. If we die soon we don’t have to worry about it.” Anna said closing her eyes.
“ We will live through this.” AJ insisted. Anna just sighed and rolled onto her side.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ What are we going to do with them?”
“ I was thinking about killing them, maybe killing the men and having her watch.” Suzie hissed.
“ We can’t kill them Suzie and you very well know that.” Marcus said looking at his girl. Suzie turned her dark eyes towards him and growled.
“ I will kill them if I chose.”
“ You can’t, we nearly killed that Dorough man and he saw what I look like. She might not be able to turn us in but he can. And by god I will not die or go to jail over this.” Marcus