- Text Size +
"I had been working on this record deal for a year in the year of 1999. I was talking to my manager and he said we should start a girl group. So I decided to call Chelsea, but had no hopes of her even willing to work with me, but she did and I was surprised. Spice Girls were big at the time and you had The Backstreet Boys and Nsync. So I was like okay", revealed Crystal Harris, fomer member of Ultrazone.

"It was a trio, three girls. Crystal and Chelsea had to find that third member", explained Diane.

Crystal and Chelsea struggled to find the third member to complete Ultrazone. They called up a good friend, Desiree Taylor. The group was now complete.

"We signed a deal with Farellel Records, which was a small company and we basically used thier studio to record a demo", revealed Desiree, former member of Ultrazone.

"Chelsea always had a passion for writing music and she had wrote the lyrics and all three girls produced it and did the arrangments", explained Joanne, looking in the camera.

They had finished recording a demo with Farellel Records, to accomplish one goal... to get a deal with Jive Records, that eventaully was turned down.

"After being turned down by JIve records, they landed a deal with Deftone Records. After making their first album, it quickly made it big over seas", revealed Mark Sullivan, former producer of Deftone Rocords.

"They had conquer countries across the world. They were so excited", laughed Dave, speaking in the camera.

"They had finished conquering countries over seas, but their own. And that's what they set out to do, conquer the United States", laughed Diane, speaking with her hands.

Ultrazone's job wasn't finished yet. They had faced their biggest challenge of all, United States.

"Their first single hit radio and me and Chelsea were in the car with Jamie, Charlie, and Maddy and their song came on. I don't think I ever saw Chelsea so happy before. That made my day", laughed Diane, smiling.

Ultrazone had completed their goal, conquering the world. With sold out tours, number one album and singles and having a record with highest record sale, they decided to put out a second album, then eventaully a third. They were everywhere.

On December 15, 2002, twenty-two year old Chelsea had faced one of her biggest fears yet.

"It was their last show of their third tour. They had just finished and were on the tour bus and Crystal and Desiree needed to talk to Chelsea", revealed Diane, showing some emotions.

"I wanted to talk to Chelsea for awhile now to tell her I need a break. I was pregnant at the time by my fiancee and we wanted to settle down and start a family. She took it pretty well. But I realized she thinks were taking a break, not breaking up", revealed Desiree.

"When Desiree had told Chelsea the situation. She was devestated. Then I had to tell her what I was gonna doand her world came tumbleing down. I felt so guilty", revealed Crystal, trying not to cry.

"Chelsea was confused by all this because this was originally Crystal's dream and she basically gave it all up", revealed Diane, upset.

"She was heartbroken and she didn't realize how much she loved this career until it was all over" revealed Tom Henderson, Chelsea's brother-in-law.

"I told her she had a business to run, a family to take car of, look on the bright side. "She said your right mom", revealed Diane, smiling.

Taking care of her business was her brother Dave and her husband Michael. But this twenty-two year old was about to face tragedy that almost cost her life. Just three months after the split of the girls, Chelsea faced her biggest fear of all.