- Text Size +
"Chelsea was still upset about the whole split. And you could tell that she wanted a break from her life and focus on the only life that mattered, her career", Mark revealed.

Just three months after the split between the group, tragic occured in Chelsea's life, whiched changed her life for the worst.

"I was home washing dishes, when I had the news on I told Kara, my second youngest, to turn it up. I heard that there was an accident that a truck had hit a black SUV, coming back from Joppatowne on route 40. And all I could think of was Michael's parents lived in Joppatowne in Maryland, so I rushed to the TV", revealed Diane, becoming teary eyed. "Then I rushed to the TV and Mike and Jamie have been in an accident".

"It was winter and Chelsea was home sick, and Michael and Jamie decided to go over his mother's house", revealed Joanne.

"I saw my mom with this look on her face and I knew something was wrong. I saw her quickly grab the phone and called Chelsea. I could hear her screaming on the other side", revealed Maddy.

"Chelsea lives 15 minutes from my mom's and they both live 45 minutes away from shock trama. Chelsea made it there in 20 minutes", revealed Dave.

Chelsea had shown up at the hospital soon after. The family was in a life or death situation.

"I had shown up at the hospital soon after Chelsea did and Michael's family were already there", Joanne revealed, beginning to cry.

"We waited in the waiting room for about 2 hours, before we heard anything from the doctor. I was more so worried about Chelsea. She was breaking down fast and you can see that. It was the longest 2 hours of our lives", revealed Maddy.

"The doctor finally came out and Chelsea quickly jumped to her feet. Her face was...oh...undescribable. She looked like she just seen a ghost", revealed Joanne.

"The doctor had finally came out and he said Mrs. Henderson? I am sorry but your husband didn't make it. And I fell to the ground right along with Chelsea. If she's going down, I'm going down with her", cried Mary, Chelsea's mother-in-law.

"Chelsea was astericle and I manage to say what about Jamie, the little boy?" Dave revealed, through tears.

"The doctor said he was still going through surgery and we won't know until 3 more hours", cried Joanne.

"After waiting for lie what seemed eternity, the doctor finally came back out", explained Chris, teary eyed.

"I watched Chelsea's face as the doctor came back out. Her eyes were like glued to his and as soon as his eyes went down I knew something was wrong", revealed Elissa, One of Chelsea's younger sister.

"The doctor said I'm sorry. We lost him", revealed Chris, crying.

Several days after the tragedy, Chelsea had took a wrong turn and her life started falling apart, piece by piece.

"Chelsea was miserable. We all were. And her life began to fall apart soon after", Tom revealed.

"She started drinking excessively. She gave her business to her older brother David, and soon after, she had a mental breakdown", cried Diane.

Chelsea suffered a major breakdown and finally checked herself into a hospital were she recieved help for almost 6 months. Suddenly an Angel reaches out to her.

"After being in there for 6 months, she recieved a letter that changed her life", revealed Joanne.

Chelsea's prayers had been answered. On May 2, 2003, Chelsea had recieved an annyomous letter from a woman who shared her pain.

"Chelsea had thought is letter was from a fan who was giving their grieves and respects to her lost, but this letter was the total opposite", revealed Diane.

It was a women who had lost her family. just 2 years before the tragedy an dit had captured Chelsea's heart.

"The letter had read..."You don't know me, and I don't know you. I can't relate to your career problem, but i can relate to your personal problem", reealed Mary.

"This women had lost her family as well and she knew exactly was Chelsea was going through and Chelsea knew that", cried Daine.

"This women had told Chelsea that her family couldn't be replaced, couldn't be forgotten, but there's a way to accept the fact they are gone. In a better place and there's a way to move on", revealed Mary, crying.

Just 3 days after Chelsea recieved this letter, she recieved another letter from a fan, that Chelsea felt she needed to read.

"This fan told Chelsea that she feel in love with this career unexpectly and that it ain't over yet. Chelsea thought "oh but it is". The fan decided on one word to explain this to her, SOLO", laughed Diane, happy again.

On may 10, 2003, Chelsea had realized it's time to move on and she checked herself out of the hospital, leaving her past behind.

"She sold the house her and Michael once shared and moved to Florida, like she always wanted and she tried to get her career back", revealed Bill, Chelsea's father-in-law.

On june 9, 2003, Chelsea had went back into the studio, to work on her first solo album. Fred Durst, a producer and lead singer from Limp Bizkit, was by her side. Writing every word on her album about her life and what she went through, it's expected to come out in the spring of 2004. She worked with artist like The Backstreet Boys, Chad Kroeger, from Nickelback, and Celine Dion. Thanks for tunning in with Behind The Music: Chelsea Henderson.