- Text Size +
"Detective Roberts? Detective Roberts? Ronnie?" screamed Lt. Bobkay.

I walk up from my sleep, wiping the drool on my chin off and sat up. I was sleeping at my desk.

"Yeah", I answered, acting like I was doing something.

"I need you in my office now', he screamed, walking back in his office.

I got up from my desk and walked into the office.

"Detective Roberts, please sit down", he said, pointing to the chair. I sat down. "I have a case for you"

"What about?" I asked, pretending to sound interested.

"Well there is a missing girl. She's been missing for days", he informed, looking at me.

"Who is she?" I asked, somewhat interested.

"Her name is Randell Cooper. She is a senior at Grover High School. She's 17 years old. Here's a picture", he explained, handing me a picture of her.

"She's pretty", I said, giving him back the picture.

"She was last seen leaving the gym, she's a member there. They say she left there around seven o'clock, thursday night. She's been missing ever since", Lt. Bobkay implied, sitting in front of his desk.

"So she's been missing for three days now?" I said, making sure of myself. I hated when they gave me bogus cases like this.

"Yeah, well this is the fourth case we had this week of missing girls, so I'm assuming the kidnapper is the same person or group", he informed, looking straight at me.

"So your saying there's numerous cases of kidnapping and they all fall on the same peron or group? How do you know that?" I asked, a little bit more interested.

"Well every evidence we found, happen to trace back to the same person", he answered, putting his head back.

"And that person is?" I asked, interested.

"Well were postive it is the guys from the that group backstreet boys", Lt. Bobkay answered quickly.

"Who?" I was confused.

"They are a pop group who wins many teens hearts. They are famous and have a lot money. Every evident we found, led it to them, but we really have no physical evidence to prove its them", he answered, sitting back at his desk.

"So you want me to find evidence and a reason to prove those guys are guilty and are indeed the kidnappers", I finally said, leaning in my chair.

"Yes. But there is a catch. Your not the only detective we have. But you are the best one we've got. We need a female detective to do this case. Plus, every female dtective we used, fell in love, got caught and wound up dead", he suddenly said, faking a smile.

"Dead?" I asked, getting scared.

"Well no offence Ronnie, but your the only cold hearted bitch we have. I recommended you. I know that you won't fall in love. You can pretend to be in love, but don't actually fall in love", he said. "You get what I'm saying?"

"Yeah Yeah. I get what your saying. I'm such a bitch, that I don't have the heart to fall in love?" I asked, somewhat getting offendended.

"Well detective, that's what I love about you. Your so dedicated to your job. I mean usually I don't use you for stupid cases like these, only the juicy ones, but right now were in desperate need", I quickly said, assuring me everything would be alright.

"Well I guess. But when do I began this case?" I asked. I was eager to find out what this case would be like. Who the fuck are the backstreet boys?

"Well anytime I suppose. To help you out though, here's a list of some stuff you need to know. A list of their tour dates, a copy of thier schedule, like interviews and such, and information on the girls that are missing". He gave me some papers and a some files and before I was out the door, he said something.

"Detective?" he said. I turned around and looked at him. "Remember, don't fall in love. If they sweet talk you or do anything, remember one thing, avoidance", he hollered back at me.

I finally left the office and went home. I sat on my bed and looked at the files and papers, Lt. Bobkay gave me. I looked at the guys schedule and something caught my eye.

"Saturday, July 18 at Reckor Arena, Tampa FL. Tuesday, July 22 at Reckor Arena, Tampa FL. Thursday, July 24 at Reckor Arena, Tampa FL. Why are they playing here in the same week? Whats in Tampa that is so important?" I asked myself these questions, while reading the tour schedule. They play at the same place three times in one week. "Well of course, that gives them time to kidnapp girls", I said, laying on my bed. "Yeah right, why would they kidnapp girls?" I asked myself, rolling over on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. "If they are so famous and have girls falling at their feet, then why would they even have to kidnapp girls?"

I was way confused. I continued to look in the files, then I saw a picture of the guys. I have to admitt they are cute. "Wait what am I saying, I'm suppose to be solving a case, not drooling over a picture", I scolded myslef.

I looked over the girls files. "Hmm, first victom. Dominque Paris. Seventeen years old. Enrolled at Grand Holy Private school. Oh what a goody goody. Captain of the cheer leading squad, 4.0 GPA, president of her class, prome queen. Looks like those guys did her a favor. What a loser", I said to myself. I opened the second file.

"Second victim. Felicia Demmsdale. Seventeen years old. Attendent North Tampa High Shool. Suspended 4 times in the same year, almost got expelled, ran away from home 3 times, got arrested for assault and property damage and pot. Sounds like my kind of girl". I closed her file and went to my last one.

"Third victom. Taylor O'Ryan. Nineteen years old. Attendent University of Tampa. Majored in Business. Lived in a one bedroom apartment right outside the campus. Hmmm". All these girls sounds like that they hated their life. I closed the files and threw them all on the floor. I was tired of thinking. These files led me to no clue.

I finally fell asleep that night. The next morning I woke up to the phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered sleeply.

"Ronnie, I need you in my office as soon as possible", replied Lt. Bobkay.

I got up, got dressed, and left.