- Text Size +
"So what are you gonna do?" Lt. Bobkay asked me, looking at me, concerned.

"Well... I think it's time to get personal", I answered, walking out the office and towards my desk. He followed me.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked, confused to what I was doing.

I got a key out of my pocket and opened a big drawer in my desk. I pulled out a brief case and opened it.

Inside the brief case was a tape recorder, a 22 pistol, pepper spray, handcuffs, pair of sun glasses with a camera attached to it, walkie talkies, a cell phone, ear plugs, camera clips, and a lap top.

"What's all that stuff for?" asked Lt. Bobkay, looking at me strangely and confused.

"Well if I can't beat them at their own game, I'm gonna play the game", I replied, smiling and closing the brief case.

"I like the way you think. I'm gonna give you permission to follow. I already have concent from the cheif. I wanna a report from you every hour of the day. Detective, you have three days. Be careful and one word advice...Avoid", Lt. Bobkay warned. He gave me a hug and I left the building.

I got into my car and I opened my lap top. I went onto a website where it told me the boys schedule.

4:00pm Articts Studio

I was in my car, watching the building with my sunglasses on and binoculars. I watched until I saw 5 men walk out of the building, laughing and goofing off.

"Alright guys. Let's go fine us some honeys", laughed A.J, skipping on the sidewalk.

Soon they walked into a diner. I saw them take a seat. I made my move. I parked my car and put all my things in a purse and walked inside.

"Omg! Look who just walked in", said Nick all the sudden.

"Who?" Brian asked, turned around in his seat.

"Don't be so obvious", Nick replied, looking at me. "It's that girl from last night. Remember the fiesty one?"

"Are you sure that's her. I mean that girl looked hotter. Well I mean she is hot, but that girl had really curly hair. She has long striaght hair", answered A.J, butting into the conversation.

I sat down at a booth and grabbed a menu. I acted like I was waiting for someone. I looked over at the boys and they looked like they were having a converstaion.

"Man, why don't you go over to her?" replied Kevin, giving Nick a shove.

"No! I'm going over there. She is mine", A.J said all at once. Before he can get up, Nick pulled him back down.

"No I'm going over there. You had your turn last night. It's my turn", Nick whined, getting up.

"Are you sure your gonna go through with this? Your not gonna wuss out are you?" teased Howie, taking a sip if his coffee.

"Na. I'll be alright", he said, walking towards me.

I was drinking my coffee and pretending to look out the window, when I saw Nick coming over towards me out the corner of my eye.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked me, smiling.

I faced him and smiled. "Well I'm actually waiting for someone", I answered, faking a smile.

"Oh well... I'll move when your friend shows up", he replied, taking a seat across from me. "Having we met before?"

"Well I'm sure I'll remember that cute little face of yours", I quickly replied, flirting a little bit.

"No I'm sure we have. Didn't you go to a backstreet boys concert last night?" He asked, looking at me, strangely.

"Yeah, with my girlfriend", I answered, pretending to sound confused.

"Well I'm one of the members you met last night, backstage", he replied, sounding hurt.

"Oh, now I remember", I said, faking a laughter.

"See I knew I recogonized you. Your hair is a lot different today", he said all the sudden, making conversation.

"Yeah I straighten it today", I replied, sounding not amused.

"What, did you get off work?" He asked me, throwing me off guared.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You look like you just got off work", he answered, looking me up and down.

"No I'm actually on my lunch break. I'm suppose to be meeting a friend here, but looks like she's not showing up", I answered, looking out the window, pretending to be upset.

"Well your more than welcomed to join me and my gang", he offered, pointing to his table.

"No thanks. I better be going anyways. Thanks though", I said, standing up.

"Well can I see you again?" He asked, pratically begging.

"You wanna see me again?" I asked, actually surprised.

"Well yeah. I mean I did come over here and try to talk to you. I had to fight my shyness", he blushed, smiling.

"Aww that's so cute" I teased, laughing. "Well... I get off work in a couple of hours. Umm..." I trailed off, thinking of a place where it would be crowded. "Um... why don't you meet me at um...Ted's bar and Grill. It's down town".

"What time?" he asked, standing up with me.

"Around...8:30-9ish", I replied, smiling at him and put money down on the table. I walked out the diner.

As I was walking toward my car, I could feel eyes burning on me. I smiled and drove away.

"Lt. Bobkay, the guys are meeting me at Ted's Bar and Grill around 9", I reported, talking on my cell phone and driving.

"Okay, well I'll have a couple of guys there, pretending they are just some regular costumer's looking to have a good time. I'll call you 9:05 exactly and tell you details", he informed, hanging up the phone.

8:45 Ted's Bar and Grill

I was sitting at the bar. It was a crowded night, like I hoped it would be. I was wearing a yellow tanktop with khaki skort and sandals. I let my hair going curly this time. I was drinking a beer when someone came up from behind me.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked, smiling at me.

"It is now", I smiled back, looking at him. "You didn't have trouble finding this place, did you?"

"No not at all", Nick answered, ordering a drink.

"Are you here alone?" I asked, looking at him, hoping he was.

"No. The guys are around here somewhere" he said, looking me and up and down. "You look nice tonight".

"Thanks. You do too", I replied, taking another sip of my beer. "So how long are you in town for?"

"Two more days", he answered, bobbing his head to the music. Suddenly my cell phone runged.

"Excuse me real quick", I said, before answering my cell phone.

"Okay, there are three men there. One is wearing a black tight shirt, big fellow, with black spiked hair. The second one is a short guy, but built, blond hair, pulled back into a pony tail and the third, a black guy, big big dude", replied Lt. Bobkay. "They are their to help you. If they sense you are in any danger, they will make a move. Go with the flow. Remember they are pretending". With that he hung up. I shut my cell phone and turned to face Nick.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, looking at me concerned.

"Yeah. Just a friend", I lied, looking around for the men. I saw one man that was described to me, sitting on a chair. Another man, sitting at the other end of the bar, and the third man, playing pool. They all waved at me. I smiled, feeling safe. I love Lt. Bobkay.

"Hey, who are you looking at?" Nick asked, finishing his beer off.

"No one. Hey do you wanna play a game of pool?" I asked him, changing the subject.

"Well I'm not much into pool. Do you wanna dance?" he asked, looking at the dance floor.

"Sure", I answered, grabbing for his hand. We walked to the dance floor and suddenly a slow song came on.

We started slow dancing.

"So how long have you lived in Tampa?" Nick asked, moving his body with mine.

"My whole life", I replied. I did like the posotion I was in right now.

"Wow. I live in West Palm Beach Florida", he replied, holding me close to him.

"Kool. Not that far huh?" I smiled, looking up at him.

"Nope not at all", he answered, looking down at me. "So what do you do for fun?"

"Work, mostly. I'm very deticated to my job. I usually go have a couple of drinks with some friends after work, but that's about usually it", I said, realizing my life was pethitic.

"Yeah I can relate to that. I'm always on the road, working 24 7", he whispered in my ear. It sent chills up my spin.

"Yeah. I guess. To be honest with you, I never even heard of the Backstreet boys before, until my friend told me about you guys and dragged me to your concert", I smiled, feeling somewhat awkward.

"That's okay. It's nice to know someone likes me for me, not what I do", he replied, feeling grateful.

"What makes you think I like you?" I said, joking.

"Well your dancing with me, aren't you", he teased, laughing.

"Well that's because I didn't want to hurt your feelings" I played along and laughed.

"You know what? Your different from most girls, Ronnie" he suddenly said.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, thinking back on what Lt. Bobkay told me.

"You seem natural. Not fake. Not trying to impress. You know what I mean?" he asked, looking at me, strangly.

"Is that what you say to every girl you dance with this close?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"No. Just you", he replied. Suddenly the music stopped and we went to the booth where all the guys were sitting at.

"Well hello Ronnie, nice to see you again", greeted Kevin, sliding over, so I can sit down.

"You too", I said, feeling awkward. Suddenly my eyes started wondering around for them three men, until I found them and they were looking at me.

All of us started talking for awhile, until Nick asked me to take a walk with him. I gave a signal for them three men to follow.

"It's beautiful out here isn't it?" Nick asked, walking beside me through the park.

"Yeah it is" I answered, looking up at the sky.

"But not as beautiful as you", Nick blushed.

"Oh, that was original" I replied, looking at him and laughing.

"Serious. You are very beautiful. And I'm glad I have met someone like you", he continued, trying to hold my hand.

"And how many girls did you tell that one too?" I asked, looking at him. Teasing him.

"Only you", he quickly said, saving his self the embarrassment.

"Well... let's go back inside", I quickly said, heading toward the bar.

We walked back inside and all the guys were sitting at the booth.

"Nick? I have to go to the bathrrom. I'll be right back", I said, walking toward the bathrooms.

"Well... so whats going on?" A.J asked, looking at Nick, curious.

"Not her man", he replied, putting his head down.

"What do you mean not her?" asked Kevin, becoming furious.

"Well... I like her a lot. I mean she's different. She's not like any other girl. She seems tuff. You know?" Nick replied, looking at all the guys.

"No I don't know. Nick you know your not suppose to fall for a girl. That's rule number one. And this...Nick you need to grow some balls and get this show on the road. You need to fuck her now and then get rid of her", whispered Brian loudly to Nick.

"I know Brian, but can we choose a different girl. I mean I know it's mine turn and all, but not her okay?" he whined, looking in the direction the bathrooms were.

"Nick. Not now. No. You were set here to do this and god dammit your gonna do it. Yes she's a fine peice of ass, but we have a deal. You backed out on us before, if I have to kill you myself, your gonna do this and you gonna do this tonight", screamed Kevin, softly so no one could hear him.

"Can we at least wait until tomorrow?" Nick pleaded with his blue eyes.

"No because you might not see her tomorrow. We are gonna finish this place off and move on to the next one", replied Howie, getting upset.

"Please can we wait?" Nick whined again. He pleaded with his eyes.

"Fine whatever", Brian said, becoming pissed off.

Not long after, I finally came back to the table.

"Well guys, it was really nice seeing you again, but I should be going", I announced, looking at my watch.

"Let me walk you to your car", Nick offered, getting out of the booth.

He walked me to my car and we both stopped and looked at eachother.

"Well I had a good time tonight", replied Nick, breaking the silence.

"Yeah me too", I said smiling.

"We must do this again tomorrow night. But a different place", Nick said, smiling at me.

"Sure. I don't get off work until 5 so why don't we meet up at Buwswa Night Club at 9?" I offered, hoping he would say yes.

"Sure that sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow night then", he smiled. I gave him a hug, and while giing him a hug, I unclipped a little camera I had put on him during out slow dance.

We let go and I got into my car and drove away.