- Text Size +
"Roberts, I can't believe you. Omg! This is so great. Even though there's no sound, you pretty much can understand what they're saying", answered Lt. Bobkay, looking at the tv screen.

"Lt? I'm still gonna follow them around and see what's going on. There were no murders or kidnapps last night, so that's a good start", I replied, looking at Lt. Bobkay.

"Are you sure? I mean they are planning on killing you? Your gonna still play the game?" asked Lt. Bobkay, concerned and worried.

"Well I know what they're capable of and the blond one Nick seems like he won't do any harm. It seems like he cares and is falling for me. So whatever I'm doing, it seems to be working", I suddenly said, looking down at the floor.

"Your not developing any feelings for him are you? I mean this could be his little scam. Like you said, don't trust anyone", remarked Lt. Bobkay, becoming confused.

"Well...no not exactly. I mean I wanna know whats going on and want to find out if they truly are the killers or kidnappers", I replied, knowing that he wasn't buying it.

"Look Ronnie, the reason I called you on this case is because I knew you would be the last person to fall for some dork. Ronnie, your better than that. The last couple of girls I had done this case, fell in love, and then wound up being dead. I don't want that for you. You know how to hide and hold back your feelings. I'm not saying you will never fall in love or find the right person, but right now is not the time. I know you are not gonna let some popular guys sweet talk you in to falling for them. Your far from that", Lt. Bobkay gushed, sounding sincere and concerned.

"I know. But I have them right where I want them", I laughed, changing the subject.

"Alright, well make me proud and get back to work", he smiled, walking out of his office.

I finally left the building. I went to my car when I heard someone walking behind me. I quickly turned around and it was Nick.

"Hey there", he greeted, smiling at me.

"Hi", I answered, feeling awkward right now.

"Why were you leaving a police department?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"My brother works here. I was just visiting him", I lied, smiling, hoping he would leave it at that.

"Oh kool. So what are you doing?" he asked me, looking straight at me.

"Nothing really. Going home", I quickly said, trying to get into my car.

"Well hey if your not doing anything, maybe you would like to join me at the beach?" he offered, looking at me, smiling.

"Well... I mean... I got...", I stuttered, trying to escape.

"Oh come on. It'll be fun and I have only one more day left. I thought I'd spend it with you", I said, becoming upset. It made a puppy dog face.

"Nick, I love to but... I can't", I said, turning him down.

"Why not?" He spoke sadly.

"Because I have things to do today" I lied, hoping he would just let me leave.

"Alright", he pouted, giving me sad eyes.

"Sorry", I said. I got into my car. He closed my door for me and I drove away.


"Oh man, she turned down the puppy face look?" Joked Brian, laughing. "Man, I guess she's not the one Nick".

"I know. I couldn't believe it either. I mean every girl I see or meet falls for it every time", Nick complained, looking at all the guys.

"Well Nick, do you really want her?" A.J. asked, staring at Nick.

"Yeah... I mean...well she's different. It's like I don't want to hurt her, but protect her", Nick confessed, looking down at the ground.

"Nick, you can't back out on us now. I mean it is your turn. You gotta do this?" Kevin informed, touching Nick's shoulder.

"Can I chose a different girl besides her?" Nick asked, with a hopeful look on his face.

"Well I don't see why not", Howie intrudent. "You have to do it tonight".


I was riding around in my car, when I saw the boys coming out of the studio. I grabbed my binoculars and watched them. It was getting dark. I saw Nick come up to a girl and started talking to her. She was laughing and he didn't seem amused. They started walking side by side into a building. I quickly got out of my car and went into the building.

I looked all around and it was dark. I grabbed my flashlight and looked around. The place looked closed. Then I saw a backdoor opened that led outside. I walked outside and saw all men huddled around the girl. The girl couldn't scream because her mouth was tapped up. I put my hand over my mouth and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

The boys started saying shit and the girl looked scared. Then all the sudden Nick pushed her down on her back and started ripping her clothes off. He was on top of her and moments passed, what seemed to be Kevin, took a bag and straggled her to death.

I looked over and saw a pile of dirt piled up. They threw her down in a hole and started filling it up with dirt. I quickly ran out of the building and into my car and drove away, back to the police department.

"Lt. Bobkay!" I screamed, bursting into his office.

"What's wrong Ronnie?" Lt. Bobkay stood up from his sit and sat me down in the chair. I was shaking and scared.

"You will never believe what I saw" I said, shaking.

"What happened?", he asked, concerned and worried.

"The boys...in the builing...a girl... buried" I manage to say before bursting into tears.

"Okay calm down Ronnie. It's okay. You done this a million times before", he assured, calming me down, but not succeeding.

"Well I was following the boys like usual when Nick started talking to some girl and they walked into a building together. I followed. Then I saw all the boys huddled around a girl that...looked so scared...and was crying...and I couldn't do anything about it", I said, bursting into tears. "I never saw anything like it".

"Then what happened?" he asked, holding my hand.

"Well... I looked... over and saw a pile of dirt. But first... Nick pushed the girl down and got on top of her... then they strangled her and threw her down in this hole... and... and... covered it back up with the dirt", I said, standing up from my seat and walking back and fourth.

"Did they see you?" he asked, curious.

"No" I replied, shaking my head.

"Did you get anything down? Camera? Video?" He asked again, looking at me.

I shooked my head no. "I'm gonna go back there", I quickly said.

"Oh no, your not going back there", he replied, standing before me.

"I have too. What if there are the other missing girls there too?" I quickly answered, collecting myself together.

"Not alone", he replied, giving in.


The next day I met a guy at the police department to come with me. We returned to the same building.

I started digging things up and came to a piece of necklace. I picked it up and started digging in the ground at the same place. Suddenly I came to an arm. I started digging more and suddenly I saw a young girl. I grabbed my cellphone.

"What did you find?" answered Lt. Bobkay, knowing it was me.

"Your not gonna believe this?" I replied, shocked.

"At this point, I'll believe anything", he answered, laughing at himself.

"Well I found the first victim. A young girl. I need the police here and the sev team right away", I said, hanging up the phone.

Soon after I had everyone there. We found the four bodies that were missing and the girl I saw last night. They have no physical evidence who it is, but I know who it is. And I'm gonna catch them.

I left there and went home. I went into my apartment, took a shower and changed. I was leaving my apartment building when I saw Nick, just about to buzz me.

"Nick? What are you doing here?" I said, becoming scared.

"Well someone told me you lived here... and well... I thought I would surprise you", he replied, smiling at me. He handed me a single rose.

"Well you sure succeeded", I said, not ammused.

"Well look, Ronnie. I was wondering, since it was my last night here... I was wondering if maybe we could get to know eachother better?" He asked, with plead in his eyes.

"Why do you wanna get to know me better?" I asked, taking advantage of this.

"Well, I like you a lot. I mean... your different...from most girls... and I would really like to get to know you better" he said, nervously.

"Well if tonights your last night, then why would you wanna waste your time with me?" I asked, becoming confused.

"Well... I... I wanted to enjoy my last night here with someone special", he replied, looking at me, smiling.

"Alright what the hell", I said, giving in.

He took my hand and we got into his car. We drove until we got to a beach.

"I like it here. It gives me time to think. Peace. You Know?" Nick asked, looking up at the sky.

"Yeah", I answered, feeling uncomfortable.

"So why don't you tell me a little about yourself?" He asked me all the sudden.

"Well what do you wanna know?" I asked, becoming confused.

"Well, like what do you like to do for fun? What are you into?" He asked, looking at me.

"My job. I'm very deticated to my job. I work like 247", I quickly lied, staring at the sand.

"Well looks like we have something in common. But don't you work for the insurance company?" He asked all the sudden, looking at me strangly.

"Well what can I say", I tried to play it off by laughing and shrugging my shoulders.

"Something tells me your not telling the truth", he murmured to me, knocking me out of thought.

"Huh?" I said all the sudden, looking at him.

"Something tells me that your really not an insurance lady", he replied, looking at me.

"Well what makes you think that?" I asked, trying to cover myself.

"Well... being a insurance lady and being so deticated to their job, well it just doesn't seem good enough. People I know hate their job, when they work for an insurance company", he replied, grinning at me.

"Well what do you do for fun? 'Besides killing little girls'" I said to myself, quickly changing the subject.

"Well as you already know, I'm a backstreet boy and Im on the job 247 as well. Performing is what I love to do", he laughed proudly.

"Yeah and killing little girls", I said softly, barely above a whisper.

"What was that?" He asked, sure he heard me say something.

"Nothing" I quickly said, covering myself.

"Well are you gonna tell me the truth" He asked me again, getting back on his subject.

"Are you gonna tell me the truth?" I said, turning the tables on him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused, and stopped laughing.

"Well, performing is not all you do?" I asked, taking advantage of this converstaion.

"Well I hang out with all the guys", He replied, lieing.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Sure?" He replied, becoming nervous.

"Rememer at your show, when me and my friend was there and I was sitting on the couch between you and Kevin?" I asked, flirting with him.

"Yeah, how can I forget?" He suddenly said, taking a big gulp.

"Well when I asked Kevin why do you love it here so much, he said you guys can get away with anything, what did he mean by that?" I asked, putting my hand in my pocket and turning on the recorder.

"Well if I tell you this, you promise you won't say anything?" He asked, becoming insecure.

"I promise", I lied.

"Well me and the guys have this game called avoidance. Well we see a girl that we like and we try to get her number, and sometimes get into bed with her. But the whole point of the game is not to fall in love. So if you fall in love with a girl, then you lose", He quickly explained, turning his head to the ground.

"Well what happens if you lose?" I asked, leading him on.

"Well if you lose... well... I don't know. I never lost. But I think I am going to though", he smiled at me, grabbing my hand.

"Why are you losing?" I asked, becoming confused.

"Because I'm falling in love", he said, leaning in towards me.

I turned my head away. "What happenes if the girl doesn't corporate and doesn't want get with you, any of you?"
I became scared.

"Well...what are you saying? You don't want to get with me?" He said, letting go of my hand and looking at me.

"Well... I'm not really into you Nick. I mean the sweet talking is nice and wanting to get to know me, well it's all been nice and all...but...", I manage to say before being cut off.

"But what?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"Look I really should be going", I said, getting up.

Suddenly I heard foot steps behind me. I turned around and there were the guys all looking at me.

"So Ronnie, we meet again", smiled A.J, grinning at me. I looked at Nick and he looked shocked.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nick asked a little uneasy.

"Well Nicky, we thought we should help you out", Brian said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Help him out with what?" I asked, becoming scared.

"Well I'm sure Nicky here told you about our little game. But I'm afraid he has left out some important rules", teased Howie, surrounding me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. I was frozed and couldn't move.

"Well if the girl runs away from either of us, well she dies. If she gives in to us, well... she still dies. No one lives Ronnie. Not even you", Kevin explained, giving me an evil glance.

"But what if you fall in love with that girl?" I asked, playing along.

"Then whoever fell in love with you, decides on whether you should live or not", informed Howie, looking straight at me.

"But what if I don't love him back?" I asked, scared.

"Well if he can't have you, no one can", Brian explained, coming toward me.

"Why do you asked that?" asked Kevin,looking at me. I looked at Nick and then back at Kevin.

"Nicky, you didn't fall for this girl, did you?" Kevin asked, becoming pissed.

"Well... sort of... I mean...yeah", he answered, looking down.

"Well then Nicky decides on whether or not to kill her", replied A.J, looking at Nicky, then back at me.

"Well whats it gonna be?" asked Howie, becoming impatient.

"Well...look at it this way. If you decide to let her go, she will run and tell and we be caught. But if you decide to kill her, then everything would be alright. Plus you lose and the game is over, you lose everything, if you decide she lives", explained Kevin, looking at Nick.

"Well..." Nick stuttered, looking at me.

I couldn't help it but let a tear escape my eye. I was so scared at that moment.

"Man I just wanna hold her and tell her everything would be alright", Nick said to himself. He looked at me, then down to the ground.

"Well, whats it gonna be?" asked Brian, becoming impatient.

Nick took a deep breathe and looked down. "Kill her".

I started running and they chased after me.