- Text Size +
Trista had woke early the next mornring to the crying of her cat.
" What's wrong?" She called out to her upset feline. She wasnt sure what could have upset her small cat so much. Climbing from the bed she made her way to the cat.
" How strange. I know this picture was burned last night." She said picking it up. She ran her fingers over the edges of the picture, not even a burnt corner. She looked at the picture closer for a moment and realized that it was a differemt picture.
" This isnt even the same one. Midnight where did you find it?" She asked looking down at the black cat. Midnight just looked up at her and meowed. Trista placed the picture on the stand and reached for her leather bound book. She slowly ran her finger over the serpent that was enlayed into the cover. The gold coloring and emerald eyes glowed in the light.
" Says here when a picture appears after a cleansing ritual is performed that either the male or female in the picture will be the next to be the person's lover. To be the one that competes their soul." Trista let out a small laugh and shook her head in disbelief.
" I highly doubt that. Chris couldnt handle me how is someone else supposed to." Trista said heading into the kitchen for the broom. As she passed her stove she noticed that the pot she had been using the night before was still steaming, walking back into the living room she quickly cleaned the mess and walked into the kitchen to put away the broom. She held the picture of her mystery man.
" Well let's see how well you fare." She said dropping the picture into the boiling pot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex sat and listened to the rambings of someone selling something he didnt need on television. Sarah had sent a friend of hers to retrieve her things as she had said. Not a word was spoke of Sarah's where abouts and Alex had to admit in some ways he really didnt care.
" God this sucks." Alex muttered as he changed the channel again. He stopped when he came to a news report.

*** Sarah Martin Fiancee of Alexander McLean was seen out last night at a posh new club with a few of her friends. A man was hanging off her arm and every word it seemed. And it was proven that man was not her fiancee. Maybe the two have finally called it quits. More when this story develops. ***

Alex looked at the television in disbelief, he knew that things where over between him and Sarah but he was surprized to see her out with another man so soon. His phone rang startling him out of his thoughts.
" 'ello?"m
" Hey J, what's up man?"
" Not alot Nick. You?"
" Nothing at all. Hey I was wondering do you want to go out with me and Mel tonight?"
" Nah that's ok Nick. I don't want to be the third wheel."
" Actually Mel is bringing one of her friends. Frist time since we started dating that I will get the pleasure of meeting one of her friends."
" I dont know Nick."
" Oh come on Please man. It'll get your mind off Sarah."
" ALright Fine you convinced me. When ya comin?"
" We will be around to get you around 4. Be ready."
" Alright see ya then." Alex said hanging up. Maybe getting out would do him some good. He was only moping around his house and that was even depressing him

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trista moved around her apartment trying to clean up and get ready to actually go and do some good old fashion shopping when her phone rang.
" Hello?"
" Hey Tris, it's Mel. What's up girl?"
" Notta up here. How are you Mel?"
" I am good. Hey I've got a date tonight and wanted to know if you'd like to come along. He's bringing a friend along."
" Sure sounds like fun. I havent seen you in weeks. How's that boyfriend of yours doing? I dont have to hex him now do I?"
" No. and he's doing fine. You behave yourself with that."
" Oh I havent hurt anyone with this. Plus you know the only reason I started this was to hide something else."
" You mean your telekonesis. I really dont think anyone cared. You never really did anything to draw attention to yourself till now."
" Yeah I know but I am also practicing a craft my great great grandmother had taught my great grandmother who taught my grandmother who taught me. Mom didnt want anything to do with it. But I promise for you I will be on my best behavior."
" Thank you."
" SO when do I expect you and lover boy?"
" By four sound ok?"
" Perfect. See you then." Trisa said hanging up the phone.