- Text Size +
“What the-” Rayvin began. She was at a loss of words when she saw who was standing in front of her and her best friend.

“This can’t be true,” Savanna said, resting her hands on her hips.

“It is true,” the blonde replied. Rayvin had to lean against the wall for support. She couldn’t believe who was standing in front of her. Nick Carter and AJ McLean.

“Ray, come with me really quickly,” Savanna said, grabbing onto Rayvin’s arm and pulling her into the bathroom. “We’ll be back. Don’t leave.”

“Can you believe this?” Savanna asked, once they got into the bathroom.

“No! How often does it happen like this?” Rayvin smiled.

“I don’t know, but I’m not complaining!” Savanna laughed. The girls grinned at each other and took a breath before walking out to the boys. When they returned, they did not like what they saw. They saw two bimbos dancing on them.

“We can’t get mad,” Rayvin shouted, above the music. “They’re not our boys.” Savanna nodded her head in agreement and the two girls just walked over to the boys and stole them from the other girls.

“Thank you,” Nick whispered into Rayvin’s ear. She smiled as they walked over to the bar in another room and sat down, starting to talk. AJ and Savanna were off dancing up a storm on the dance floor.

“So, how old are you?” Nick asked.

“I’m 22,” she replied with a smile. The bartender handed her a glass of water and she sipped at it, looking at Nick.

“That’s cool. What brings you here tonight?” he asked.

“I should be asking you the same thing!” she replied with a laugh. He gave out a laugh. “Pretty much, I was supposed to meet this mystery guy who keeps coming into my job. He left me a note for me to meet him and he had to send his friend because he never showed up. My best friend who is over there with AJ and I decided that it was still early and we decided to come out. He is supposed to be here at 10, and it‘s 10:15pm right now. Funny because the guy you are with looks really familiar. He was at the phone booth.” That’s when it clicked. Nick had a smile on his face. She knew that she knew that smile.

“No way!” she gasped, almost dropping the cup she held in her hand.

“Yes way,” Nick replied with a smile. “I’m him.” Rayvin’s heart was in her throat when she found out. Nick Carter, crushing on her, asking her out through mysterious letters? It was like a dream to her.

Wow…Nick Carter?! she thought to herself in disbelief. All he could do is sit and grin at her, staring her in the eyes. Savanna and AJ came over to them.

“Savanna, we need to talk,” Rayvin said, grabbing Savanna’s hand. Savanna let go of her hand.

“No. I already know, Ray. AJ told me,” Savanna smiled.

“Of course, I am the last to find out everything!” Rayvin grunted.

“Surprise?” Nick said, holding back laughter. Everyone decided to leave the club because it wasn’t hopping like usual, so they went out to a Pizza place to get late night dinner.

“You guys go sit down. I’ll order the pizza,” Nick said.

“Oh no! I don’t trust you with pizza, Carter!” AJ protested. Rayvin and Savanna giggled as they took a seat. “You girls want anything to drink?”

“Get a pitcher of Pepsi,” Rayvin requested. Savanna nodded in agreement as the girls went to the back of the pizza place to sit in a booth. It was a rounded booth and the girls sat right in the middle next to each other. Within minutes, the boys came back and scooted next to the girls. Nick put his arm around Rayvin and AJ put his arm around Savanna.

“So how come you came into the store everyday, Nick? And why didn’t you bring AJ?” Savanna asked. Rayvin’s eyes grew wide and she pinched Savanna’s thigh. “Ow!”

“I came in everyday because I wanted to see Rayvin. I just wonder why she never talked to me until the other day. I never brought AJ because he was always gone busying himself with sunglasses or clothes or something like that,” Nick replied.

“Stalker,” Rayvin mumbled.

“Hey! I heard that!” Nick protested, poking her in the side. She jumped and started to laugh.

About 20 minutes later, their food came. It was a large pizza, half cheese and half pepperoni. Rayvin slid a piece of pepperoni pizza onto her plate as everyone else served themselves. They sat and ate, talked and laughed too.

I really like him… Rayvin thought to herself. She had only really just met him, but yet she knew there was a spark there. The feeling was mutual.

The night ended and the group of four decided to call it a night. They exchanged phone numbers and Nick walked Rayvin to the car as well as AJ with Savanna.

“I promise to call you,” Nick smiled, taking Rayvin’s hands in his own.

“Okay, but if you call before noon, I can’t promise that what happens won’t be painful,” she replied with a grin. She glanced over at Savanna and AJ, and they were lip locking. Nick glanced as well, and Rayvin noticed that his cheeks grew a shade of pink.

“Calm down there, Sav! We need to get going,” Rayvin said, interrupting the two. They pulled apart, smiling wildly. Rayvin laughed and Savanna kissed AJ once more before opening the door and getting into the car. Nick leaned down and gently pop kissed Rayvin on the lips, and lightly squeezing her hand. Rayvin smiled and got into the car, starting the engine and driving off, seeing AJ and Nick watching them from her rearview mirror.

“What a night!” Savanna sighed happily.

“You can say that again! We’re basically dating two Backstreet Boys!” Rayvin grinned.

“We’re not dating them yet,” Savanna said.

yet,” Rayvin pointed out. The girls laughed and put on the radio, bobbing their heads to the music. Rayvin ended up just driving home with Savanna in the passenger seat, suggesting that she just spend the night. Savanna agreed and the two went home and watched a romance movie until they fell deep asleep.