- Text Size +
Chapter 10:

Howie held Nastasia's hand tightly as they sat close on the beach blanket together. He clasped her hand tightly as she seemed very cold now. Shivering slightly. She pulled herself closely to Howie, and he held her tightly.

"So, who is he?" He asked.

"Chase..."

"Chase who?"

"Chase Alexander."

"Alexander? Wait...what?" Howie asked as he pulled her away from him. He knew she could never lie, her eyes always told the truth.

"He...He said Aunt Staz...because I am his aunt...He called Laurie mommy...cause...she is his mother." Nastasia shook as Howie still stared at her quizzically, trying to piece the puzzle together.

"Lauren...A kid? How old?"

"Three and a half..."

"Who's...Who's...Who's..." Howie couldn't face the thought of asking the question. Fear gripping Nastasia's beautiful eyes.

"A-A-J..." Nastasia stuttered.

"Oh...Oh...Oh shit..." Howie muttered, "What about that...that guy she was with when...when AJ kicked her...out of the..."

"Devon? No! She was never physically with him! Only AJ... Damnit Howie..." Nastasia whispered, her fear mixing with her extreme anger for what Howie said.

"I'm sorry...it's just he doesn't...He doesn't even know he has a kid..."

"And that's the way it stays." Nastasia answered curtly, Howie faced her. Surprise covering his handsome face.

"WHAT?"

"She made me promise. She made me promise not to tell. Now you have to promise me you won't tell. You won't. Will you?" Nastasia asked, begging like a child who wanted a piece of special candy.

"Staz..."

"Promise."

"But."

"HOWIE! Just promise me." Nastasia ordered, her eyes locked with him. Defiance showing in them brightly. Howie never wanted to loose her. Never. He looked away for a moment and then glanced back.

"Promise."