- Text Size +
Chapter 13:

Nastasia sat me down on the couch forcefully. She had a lot of strength for being a dancer, frankly, I knew she could kick my butt in a second. I never messed with her, and I knew she was upset.

"Look, I know I don't have the place to say anything on what happened between you and AJ. And you know I've never disagreed with you on what you did with Chase and AJ...right?" Nastasia started out. I could see her warm ocean eyes turning cold like the dangerous seas in a storm.

"Right..." I answered hesitantly.

"But what you got up there is one hurting little boy. I'm not saying jump out and ask AJ to go back with him...I'm just saying that you need to tell him sooner or later. It's not fair to AJ or Chase."

"Staz..." I whimpered.

"Look I know it went sour between you two. But what I'm saying is that Chase needs his father. He can't get everything he needs from you Lauren. Not now or ever. And he can't get everything from me either. He needs his father, damnit, his father." Nastasia told me in a hushed violent tone.

She never really got upset with me, unless it was something important. I felt the salty tears wash down my face as she closed her eyes for a moment, I knew it was hard on her too, she loved Chase like her own son.

"Laurie, I never meant to be upset with you, but you have to think of what your doing to Chase. It's not fair to him or AJ. Put the past relationship beside...leave it be...let Chazzie have his father." Nastasia whispered as she grabbed her bag and left my house, slamming the door shut.

I jumped from the sound as the tears fell freely down my cheeks. I curled up on my side and placed my head down on the pillow. First I lost AJ, and gained Chase, well now I lost Nastasia, and soon after I would lose Chase.