- Text Size +
Chapter 17:

I saw AJ's eyes turn a firey black. I stepped back a few steps shocked, I didn't know what he would do. He writhed his fists together as he stared at me.

"I'm his what?" He managed to choke out. I saw tears well in his eyes, his fustration leaking out. Nastasia gasped a bit, she was watching as Chase ran back to her, wrapping his arms around her.

"F-F-Father..." I managed to get the word out of my mouth. AJ stepped back a few steps as though he had been slapped by my hand.

"I am not..." He whispered.

"He's 3 and a half. He's yours. I swear to God I wouldn't lie to you..." I choked back out, stepping away from him. I hated the way this was going. But I couldn't expect him to just jump into my arms and ask to marry me, although in my mind I wish it would have...

"He's not mine...You were with Devon!"

"I was never with Devon!" I gasped, shocked at the words that had come out of his mouth.

"I found you two on the freaking bed lying down together and you're telling me you were never physically with Devon? That I dumped you for nothing?" AJ asked with a smuge tone, making my blood boil with just the sight of the cruel smile etched in his sexy face. God I wanted to smush him.

"NEVER! I ONLY HAD SEX WITH YOU AJ! DAMNIT IT! HE'S YOUR KID! LOOK INTO HIS EYES AND TELL ME YOU DON'T SEE YOURSELF!" I spat back at him, tired of him accussing me. Tired of him not accepting what he too had created.

"You...filthy...little..." AJ whispered hoarsly, he looked ready to strike me but he didn't. He gave me one last horrid look and stormed out of the arena.

"Ohmigod...He's going to do something crazy!" Nastasia moaned as she jumped off the arena as I sank to the floor. She ran and crouched down beside me. She saw the hot tears in my eyes and frowned.

"Why..." I whimpered.

"Can I go after him? I need to...He's going to do something crazy...And I love him too much like a brother...Laurie you have to understand..." Nastasia told me with about only one breath between. I looked up, hurt covering my sour tone.

"Fine..." I whispered.

"I'll... I'll call..." Nastasia answered absentlymindedly as she ran out the door, hoping to catch up with my ex-man.

"Mommy...Whed Aunt Stazzie coming dack?" Chase gurgled to me. I looked up and smiled softly at the little boy. I gathered him into my arms and held him tightly.

"Soon..." I whispered, hoping that the ache of my heart would go away, and somehow AJ might come back...