- Text Size +
Chapter 18:

Nastasia burst through the exit door, in all hopes that she would catch up with A.J. The cool breeze hit her face, but she felt no means of being relieved. She looked around frantically and saw him running to his car, she took off after him. " A.J! Wait up! "

" Leave me the HELL alone! " he yelled angrily, not stopping to turn around and face her.

This was not good. " A.J! Please! Wait up! " This time he ignored her and got into his car, keyed the ignition and sped away.

" Shit! " Nastasia swore under her breath as her heart sank. She stood there for a minute to catch her breath and then hurried off to her jeep. She had to catch up with him. From instinct, she began to head to his house. She hoped to god he would be there, but her heart sank even more when she pulled up to his drive way and the car he had been driving was not there.

"Son of a buiscut!" Nastasia moaned as she hit her dashboard hard. AJ couldn't be left alone in the state he was in. She knew better than that, he was crazy...and could do anything! She moaned again as she rolled her car in reverse and sped off, thinking of places he might be.

**********************

Nastasia drove around for about an hour. She checked the local malls, beaches, friends' houses, towers, and buildings. No where.

Nastasia's heart ached as she drove down his street once more, hoping he'd be somewhere there. She didn't want to loose him, not now.

Her heart about jumped out of her throat. She stomped on her brakes, screeching her jeep to a sudden stop. Her long blonde hair flung in her face, which she quickly wiped away to stare at what she had stopped for.

There was a long private beach which belonged to AJ's estate. Sitting on one of the tall rocks was a lonely AJ. He was searching for something out along the water, Nastasia knew he was thinking.

She took a deep breath as she parked her car and ran down to the beach, hoping to help one of her best friend's out. Something she was always good at.