- Text Size +
Chapter 19:

Nastasia carefully used her dancer grace and climbed to the top of the mountain of a rock where AJ sat silently. She gave him a timid smile as he glared hatefully at her. She sat down, unphased about what look he had given her.

"Hey J...I knew I'd find you up here..." She joked a bit as he threw her another cold glare.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone?" He asked, cold ice dripping from every word he spoke. His dark eyes as cold as his words were.

"Actually, it was leave me the HELL alone, but I won't get picky. And you know me by now that I wouldn't listen to a word you had to say to me...well...that is when you're ordering me around." Nastasia quipped back timidly, he looked over and gave her a weak smile.

"He's not my kid Stazzie..." AJ said as he turned his gaze back to the crashing waves. He had been the one who orginally gave Nastasia that nickname...Although everyone used it now.

"How do you know 'that kid' isn't yours?" Nastasia asked timidly, not wanting to press AJ enough to send him jumping off the rock. This was a delicate situation, and she knew it better than anyone.

"Because...she was with Devon when I broke up with her. It's his damn kid! Why blame me, I wrapped all my men in a raincoat..." He muttered sarcastically, Nastasia turned away trying her best not to laugh.

"J...How do you know that one of your little soliders didn't happen to get out?" She asked, making AJ turn to her with a wry smile on his face.

"My soldiers?"

"Yes."

"My soliders?"

"BACK to the original topic before we get way off task..." Nastasia blushed as AJ gave her a tight laugh.

"She was with Devon...so its his..." AJ stated subbornly.

"IT has a name." Nastasia replied cooly, thinking of the same stubborn streak that was racing through Chase. She gave him a questioning glance.

"Oh...sorry..."

"HIS name is Chase Alexander."

"Fine! Chase Alexander is NOT my kid and she never should of named Chase Alexander after me." AJ replied. Nastasia sighed as she stared back at him, fire of hate glowing in his usually sexy eyes.

"She never was with Devon. And if you need the paternity tests to prove it she said she would do it. But all she wants is for Chase to have his father. She doesn't want money, she's perfectly independant and isn't in any finacial danger." Nastasia answered truthfully to him, her ocean green eyes pools of remorse and honesty.

AJ softened, "Your not lying are you?"

"Never. Not to you."

"He is mine then isn't he?" AJ asked with a sigh, truely accepting his responsibility. Nastasia smiled sweetly, glad that AJ had finally realized his son.

"Yes. He's very much like you too. He's stubborn, opinionated, a lady's man, and his stomach is as big as the grand canyon!" Nastasia told, laughing with AJ.

"Chase Alexander?"

"Yes."

"Wow...Daddy McLean..."

"Scarey thought!" Nastasia teased as he pushed her a bit. She smiled as he placed his arm around her, more to comfort himself than her.

"When will I be able to see him...without Lauren?" AJ asked, not wanting another episode with Lauren. He accepted the fact that he was a father, but didn't want to accept the part that he might have more confrontations with her.

"You guys are gonna have some serious fights about him. I can see it now...damn it..." Nastasia sighed as she thought about things between Lauren and AJ just on their first visit with each other.

"Can you interviene? You know!"

"No I don't..." Nastasia replied as she flicked a long piece of blonde hair behind her shoulders.

"You can pick up Chase for me from Lauren, and then come with me to take him home or whatever. It'll be a lot easier with you around since you're our best friend and all..." AJ exclaimed.

"Wow...wait..."

"PLEASE?!"

"But..."

"Just until we learn to be friends again?"

"Damn...FINE..." Nastasia moaned as AJ leaned in and placed a friendly kiss on her warm cheek. Nastasia couldn't believe she had just gotten herself into this big mess.

"I love you..." He grinned as they stood up.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Now come on Daddy McLean...You can crash at my house tonight. The couch, or the other room, or the other room is available..." Nastasia laughed as they helped each other off the large rock.

"You mean your bed ISN'T available?" AJ teased.

"No...that's what got you to be Daddy McLean in the first place!" Nastasia teased back as AJ gazed at her hurtfully. She smiled back at him, giving him some support as they walked to her jeep.

She knew it would be a long haul in the end for AJ. He would have a lot of things to think about, and he needed his friends. More than ever.