- Text Size +
Chapter 2:

I spaced out again, swirling down a tunnel of horrid memories. I found myself in the bathroom, clutching the pregnacy test in my hands. My body shivering as the line appeared, I was pregnant. And that was the day after AJ had sent me packing. What could I do? I was forced to hide my pregnacy to everyone, except my mother and Nastasia. They helped me through everything, they were there. The result? My beautiful baby boy. Chase Alexander Helmbreck. I had placed AJ's first name as Chase's middle name because that would be the only thing my child could own of his father's. Plus some old photos...

"Laur...JEZZ!" I heard Nastasia teasing me again. I snapped out of my thoughts to see Chase playing with Nastasia. She was the one who would brighten my day in seconds. And was always ready to take Chase and I out. I loved her.

"Sorry. I was thinking..." I shrugged as I sat back down on my lounge chair. Feeling light headed, I pressed my clammy hand onto my cool forehead.

"About Alexander again huh?" Nastasia questioned, reading my mind like a favorite book. She was currently a backup dancer for the Backstreet Boys, that was how we originally met them. I did some song writing for them, and Nastasia brought backup vocals and awesome dancing.

"So what? I'm allowed to have depressing flashbacks every once in awhile. Remember, I had a freaking kid... I have the RIGHT to have them." I replied with a sour tone, not wanting to hurt Nastasia's feelings. But I just felt crummy.

"Sorry Laurie..." Nastasia pouted, imitating one of Chase's classic moves to get me to crumble. Sometimes I thought they spent entirely too much time together.

"Staz...jezz...you act just like Chase sometimes!" I replied as Nastasia wrapped me in a tight hug. She kissed my cheek with her kiwi-glossed lips. I laughed as Chase ran up and kissed my cheek too.

"I learn from the best." Nastasia smiled as she scooped Chase back into her arms, hugging him tightly. I knew she was just trying to make up for what he had lost the night AJ told me to get out, and I was thankful for that.

"I learn from best." Chase mimicked like a parrot. I found myself laughing at the pair as Chase's dark eyes twinkled in the sunlight. God he looked so much like his father...

"Anyways...I was just stopping by to let you know that Bri-Bear wants you to call him as soon as possible. He told me so yesterday at practice. Plus I missed my baby." Nastasia cooed as she placed Chase down. I looked at her baby blue half shirt and her black warm-up pants.

"Where you going looking like a bum?" I teased, knowing Nastasia was a fanatic about always looking good when being in the sight of guys...but heck...She would make a brown paper bag look fantastic.

"I'm going to practice...The guys are going to appear on some show, and they need their dancers in peak perfection. Thank you." Nastasia replied tartly as she crossed her arms moodily across her large chest. I knew she was playing, I could see the twinkle in her ocean green eyes.

"Sorry." I laughed.

"Anyway, I better run or Howie will kill me." Nastasia grinned lightheartedly, I knew she had a thing for him. "Oh, Bri-Bear wants you, me, and Howie to go out to eat sometime...I think that's the basis of you calling."

"All right I'll call." I laughed, knowing Nastasia's subtle ways of getting what she wants. Damn she was good!

"Good. Bye Bye Chazzie!" Nastasia cooed as she placed a kiss on my cheek, then a big smooch on Chase's rosey cheeks.

"Bye bye Auntie Staz." Chase cooed as he watched his "Aunt" disappear out the back door. After she left I felt my little boy cuddle in my arms, I held him tight, afraid of letting him go to the loneliness of having no one else.