- Text Size +
Chapter 22:

Nastasia dropped the phone angerily as she began to pull on a pair of tight-fitting shorts over her bikini bottoms. AJ walked in puzzled at her awkward behavior, cursing all the way.

"Stazzie, what's happening?" AJ asked as she pulled on a tank top, that highlighted her full bosom. She growled again as she pulled her long honey blonde hair into a pony-tail.

"She's begining to take this whole damn thing a little too far...To think she snapped at Chazzie...Chazzie of all people. He is so freaking adorable and sweet...I could never in...I mean...DAMN!" Nastasia cried as she chucked one of her satin pillows onto the floor. She screamed once more as AJ stared at her puzzled.

"Who? Lauren?" AJ asked, although that name left a sour taste in his mouth. He gazed at his best friend timidly as she stared back at him. Her ocean eyes turning dark and cold.

"Yes Lauren. She snapped at Chase and he cried...So I'm picking him up and he's spending the night here." Nastasia said with an irritated sigh. She wished she wasn't picking him up because his mother was angery with him, she never wanted that to be the cause.

"Chase? Here? Tonight?" AJ asked in broken words, he was also crashing there again. He had no eargerness to return home. He was all alone there, until Amanda returned, which wouldn't be until another two days.

"Yes. I figured that you could get used to him with me. I mean AJ...you have to support and love him. That's all Chase wants. He wants his Daddy..."

AJ stopped for a moment, the word daddy was so new to him. He gazed at Nastasia with uncertinty. "I'm not so sure about this Stazzie."

"Chase is very sweet. Howie and I promised him that we would take him to see Pokemon. So, I figured you could take Howie's place with Chase." Nastasia answered as she fought back her unwanted tears. She was having a major fight with Lauren, one of the firsts they ever had.

"Can't Howie come too?" AJ asked suddenly.

"So I'm out-numbered. Three to one?" She found herself teasing him. AJ gave her a pout that Chase did. It hit home fast as she found tears trickling down her face.

"Stazzie...Oh Honey..." AJ sighed as he gave her a brotherly hug. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, inviting the comfort he had always brought her.

"It's...not fair..."

"What isn't?"

"Lauren yelling at me."

"Why'd she yell at you?"

"Cause I stuck up for you! You big jerk!" Nastasia whimpered as she effortlessly hit him in the chest. Causing AJ to chuckle a bit from her weak attempt, he knew she could hit hard...He had plenty of expirence.

"Me?"

"Can't you guys just get along?" She whimpered.

"Tomorrow...Tomorrow I will..." He whispered as she looked up at him with a very sincere smile. Her eyes sparkled a bit as he made this promise.

"G-G-Good."

"Let's go get Chase Alexander." AJ laughed.

"Okay."

"I'll call Howie first." AJ grinned, knowing she was still obsessing over the fact that he had asked her out so soon. She grinned back at him as she finished dressing, ready for anything.