- Text Size +
Chapter 26:

I stood frozen in my doorway as I watched A.J get back into his car and drive off. I couldn't believe that all of a sudden he had accepted Chase, just because Nastasia had talked to him. But, that was Nastasia for you. She had a way with words. Just one of the things I had always been jealous of.

A.J was right though. I did owe the world to her. She was always there for me. Through all the hard times. When A.J and I broke up, the pregnancy, when Chase was born and so on. Through all the hard times, she was there. I don't know where I would be today without her. If it weren't for her, A.J would have never accepted Chase.

I closed the front door and made my way back upstairs to fix my hair before it got too out of hand from being all wet. On the way to my room, I stopped outside Chase's door and peered inside. He sat on the floor playing with a couple of his many toy trucks, his room was still messy, but I didn't care anymore. I smiled and walked into my son's room.

" Hey sweetie, whatcha doin'? " I asked sitting down on his bed.

" Playin' " He replied, not looking up at me.

" Did you have fun with Auntie Staz? " I asked as he came up to me and climbed onto my lap.

" Yeah! Yeah! Auntie Staz, Owdie and Daddy take me to see Poke-Mon movie and den to da park! " Chase said excitedly, his eyes wide and bright.

" Was it a good movie? " I asked, laughing at my son in amusement.

" Yep! " he yelled. " We still go to icedream with Auntie Staz? "

" Sure, I was gonna call her in a little bit. "

" Daddy go too? "

I shook my head, knowing it would dissapoint my son. " No, Daddy's not coming. "

" Why? "

" Because...um...Daddy's busy...so he can't come, " I lied, knowing my son wouldn't understand if I tried to explain the truth to him. " How about we go call Auntie Staz now? "

" Yeah! Yeah! " Chase jumped off my lap and began to run out of his room, me following him. I made a quick detour to my room to grab my brush and a scrunchie and then hurried downstairs to find Chase waiting by the phone. " Dall Auntie Staz dow! " he demanded with a grin.

I laughed and said " Yes sir " with a playful salute to my son and grabbed the phone, quickly dialing Nastasia's number.