- Text Size +
Chapter 29:

Friday whizzed by a bit too fast for AJ's taste. He had picked up Chase already and they were playing around the house. AJ had a new room redone for Chase, in it hung thousands of cars and trucks with dinosaurs. He thought it was pretty cool, so did Chase.

"Daddy! Come play Pokemon wid me! I be Pi-chu this dime!" Chase sang as he raced down AJ's long hallway to the DVD room. AJ sat comfortably on the chair as Chase climbed up beside him.

"How 'bout Chaser cools down and watches a pokemon movie with daddy?" AJ asked, grasping the parenting idea very well. He knew he'd be okay.

"POKE-MON?!" Chase asked, his brown eyes growing bright with excitement.

"Yeah buddy. Wanna watch it?" AJ grinned.

"DUH!" Chase replied, acting a bit like Nastasia. Making AJ laugh with surprise as he flicked on the DVD player, tiring himself and Chase a bit.

*************************

AJ found himself sleeping as the door slammed shut. He jumped awake to find Chase curled up watching Pokemon silently at the end of the couch. AJ moaned as he stretched a bit.

"Jayers!" He heard a high pitched whine. AJ's heart jumped a bit as he jumped up and raced out. Hoping Chase didn't see him go out.

"Hey BABY!" AJ called as he saw Amanda place her bags on the table. He found himself panicking as Amanda wrapped her arms around him and placed a loving kiss on his lips. Gosh, he loved the feel of her skin on his.

"Hi sweetie, did you miss me?" Amanda cooed as she pulled him to a couch in the living room to rest. Amanda was his current girlfriend and was living with him. She had gone over to Spain for a few shows, then came home.

"You know I did..."

"So, hows Nastasia?" Amanda asked, a bit of jealousy hinting around in her voice. She loved Nastasia with all her heart, but tended to become a little errie when leaving AJ home alone with her around.

"The same old Stazzie. She's going out with Howie now."

"REALLY!"

"Yes!"

"GOSH! I'LL HAVE TO CALL HER!"

"Okay baby..." AJ laughed tightly as he kissed her cheek softly.

"So, what happened while I was gone?"

That was AJ's cue. He knew he'd have to tell her about Chase. He couldn't hide the child while he was watching a movie in his room. She'd notice sooner or later...

"Um...I have some news..."

"What news?" Amanda replied as she flicked a piece of lint off her dark clothing.

"I..." AJ was about to say, but Chase came running out of the room in hysterics. His face wetted with tears as he came crying.

"Dadda...mean...cold...no dadda...Daddy!" Chase cried as he came running. AJ quickly scooped him up in his arms and quieted him with whispers. Amanda watched in confusion.

"Chase...I'd like you to meet someone." AJ gulped.

"Who Daddy?" Chase asked as he sniffed back a few tears.

"This is Amanda. Amanda, this is Chase, my son."

"Hello Chase." Amanda replied as she glared up at AJ, then plastering a smile on her face for Chase.

"Hi nice lady." Chase replied eagerly. AJ smiled as he gave Chase a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey Chaser, go play." AJ ordered.

"O-tay daddy." Chase nodded as he ran back the hallway, leaving AJ to face the horror that awaited him.

*******

"AJ, what do you mean a SON?!" Amanda cried hoarsly as she stared down at AJ with fire flaming in her eyes. He winced as he stared back too.

"It's Lauren and I's child."

"LAUREN?!" Amanda flamed again, he knew she hated Lauren with a deep passion. She didn't care for his ex-girlfriend too much.

"I didn't know about him till like Monday. I meant to call, but I didn't know what to do. It wasn't planned."

"You're not intending on caring for him are you?!" She sneered, "Cause I do not want any form of Lauren in this house. I don't even care if he is your damn child."

"He's my son." AJ whispered, growing cold.

"It's him or me AJ." Amanda stated.

"Okay..."

"Good, let's go drop him off."

"No."

"No?"

"I choose Chase." AJ whispered as Amanda looked at him and let out a loud growl. She reached across and slapped him hard across the cheek.

"Fine, but you'll never have me again!" She yelled as she picked up her bags and screamed once more, slamming the door hard. Letting AJ know that he would never be able to open that door and see her smiling face. EVER again.