- Text Size +
Chapter 31:

AJ found himself wandering around the halls of his house. His life had no meaning anymore. He felt like Amanda had ripped out his heart and chewed it to tiny pieces. He was dull and throbbing with pain.

"God Amanda...Why?" AJ moaned as fresh tears sprung to his eyes. He fingered a picture of him and Amanda cuddling on the pier of his ocean. He felt his legs give beneath him as he crumpled to the floor.

"You didn't have to leave. I know we could of made it. We could of...Just...not now...God, why did this happen. Everything was going great, I find out I have a kid...and now...and...and...DAMNIT!" AJ cursed as he brought down his bad fist into the glass, shattering the picture into a thousands pieces.

"F-----" AJ hissed as he brought his fist back up and hugged it tight. Something black from deep inside boiled within him. He closed his eyes and screamed again.

AJ tugged himself focrefully into his study room with his grand piano. He snatched some paper from his desk and a pen. He took his right hand and carefully scratched out a quick note, although the pain surged throughout the writing.

He quickly wiped his tears away as he pinned the note to the fridge in his kitchen. He felt his heart start to pound as he reached in and grabbed some of his pain pills when he had hurt himself on tour.

********

Nastasia watched Chase play effortlessly on the floor. He was very angery with her at the moment. She felt horrid as Howie sat beside her cuddling her tightly. Chase was so mad, and he didn't even want to talk to Nastasia at the moment.

"Chase?" Nastasia tried.

No reply.

"Chazzie?"

Still no reply.

"Chase Alexander!" Nastasia finally called.

"Me no like Stazzie no more! Hate Aunt Staz! Me w-want daddy!" Chase finally cried out as he stared hatefully at Nastasia with his dark eyes flaming. Nastasia jumped back as Chase ran up the stairs to his room, slamming the door.

"Staz?" Howie asked softly as Nastasia zoned out a bit. She looked away, her eyes glazing over with confusion. Howie shook her a bit as she jumped up and ran to snatch her keys.

"Stazzie, wait!" Howie called as he turned Nastasia back around, searching her eyes. Her eyes seemed frantic and worried as she stared back at him, "Nastasia, where are you going?"

"Something doesn't feel right..." She said with fear coating her voice.

"What?"

"AJ...it's a feeling...I...man...I have to go, watch Chase for me. I have to get AJ. Understand." Nastasia whispered as she ran out of the house in a heartbeat, leaving Howie confused as much as she was.