- Text Size +
Chapter 38:

*** Flashback ***

We had just reached my house, Devon and I. I had gone out to dinner with him, just as friends, nothing more. He had always been a good friend of mine and was in town for a visit.

" So when do you have to head back to New York? " I asked as I unlocked the door and the two of us walked in.

" My flight leaves tomorrow at 12:00, " he answered, running a hand through his hair. He green eyes were sparkling, even in the dim light.

I smiled and made my way upstairs to my room to put the overshirt I had been wearing away. I heard foot steps behind and jumped when realizing Devon had followed me into my room. " Damnit Devon, you scared me, " I laughed as I playfully hit his shoulder and sat down on the bed. I began to feel akward and uncomfortable as he sat down next to me. I tried not to think of it.

" I enjoyed having you out to dinner tonight with me, " he said quietly into my ear as he began to mesage my shoulders.

" It's no problem. I had fun... "

I layed down on my stomach while he layed on his side and continued to rub my shoulders. I knew I shouldn't be allowing him to do that, it made me feel so uncomfortable, but at the same time, it felt so relieving.

*****

A.J jumped out of his car, carrying a dozen red roses in his hand as he walked up to Lauren's front door. They had gotten in a nasty argument the day before, and he felt truely horrible about it, so he wanted to make it up to her. He noticed some lights on in the house and walked in.

Peeking his head into the living-room, he didn't see her and began to make his way upstairs, figuring she must be in her bedroom.

His eyes turned a firey black as he walked into the room and the roses fell to the ground. " What the fuck?! " he shouted with pure anger.

I jumped up from the bed in complete surprise. ' Oh shit... ' I thought to myself. This was not good. Just what it looked like was not good.
" Alex... "

" What the fuck is going on Lauren?! " He yelled at me, making me wince, his words cold and his eyes black.

" Wait Alex, this isn't - "

" Forget it! " He stormed out of the room, down the stairs and out the door.

My whole body was shaking now. I couldn't believe what had just happened. How could I have let that happen?

" Lauren, I - " Devon began, but I turned towards him, my face filled with hate.

" Get the hell out of my house, Devon. Just get the hell out, " I said through my tears as I stared back at the roses that lay on my grey colored carpet. I had really screwed up.

*****

I ran out to my car and drove over to A.J's house. Why did this have to happen? I should have made Devon stop when he began, I scolded myself. How could I have been so stupid? All I could do was hope that I could get through to A.J, tell him the truth.

" What the hell do you want Lauren? " he asked angrily, through gritted teeth as I walked through the house and found him pacing his living-room angrily.

" You gotta let me explain. It's not at all what you think, Alex. "

" Don't fucking tell me what is, because I saw what I saw. Don't try to cover up your fucking mistake! "

He wasn't even giving me a chance to explain. Why couldn't he just stop and let me explain.

"Alex you're being stupid yet again!" I yelled loudly as he slammed his fist into a wall. Why were we fighting again. This was the thousandth argument of this week. All we ever did was fight.

"I'm not being stupid! Why were you out with HIM?" AJ snarled at me. I felt my body shutter as I backed up. He was seriously scaring me, I had never seen him so upset with me. I mean I knew he would never touch me out of anger, he never had hit me before...

"We went out to eat!" I found myself yelling back at him, God couldn't he just loosen up a bit. He was over protective about me. And God could it be annoying!

"And what about after dinner?" He asked, raising his voice at me, shaking with a violent anger.

"We went to my place..." I stuttered, not sure on how to answer the question. We hadn't done anything, just talked. Then AJ came in and found us lying together, not too good if you ask me. But we still hadn't done anything. And I ended up having to tail AJ all the way to his house...

"Get out..." He snarled once more, his sexy dark eyes spitting with a dark anger. I knew he was serious this time. I could tell, this was it.

"Alex...wait..." I whimpered, my body shivering. It was suddenly so cold, chilling my body.

"No...out...now!" AJ yelled, pushing me out the door with a final slam. The end of our relationship.