- Text Size +
Chapter 39:

AJ and I had made our way back to the couch as we explored that ill-fated night. We both were tumbling in and out of dark thoughts, my heart began to beat faster and faster as I stared into those eyes, the ones that made me crazy.

"Devon...he..." AJ paused, I had already recalled that side of the story. I thought about it long and hard those past years. The funny thing was I never really spoke to Devon again...

"I never...I just wanted you. I never touched him. I felt so uncomfortable with him that night. And it seemed like we had been fighting that whole week. I just couldn't take it any more, so I never stopped him...even though I should have." I found myself explaining as AJ rested his bad arm on the pillow Nastasia had fluffed for him.

"What was that fight about anyway?" AJ asked me, recalling the time we had broken up, and left it that way. Instead of fixing it, damn, we should of fixed it.

"That was the one about meeting your mom and what I had chosen to wear. You didn't appreciate that too much..." I said, laughing at the stupid argument we had.

"My mom always said you were the best girl I had...and I guess she still says that. Expessially when Stazzie talks with her..." AJ smirked.

"Mother's know best..." I answered, finding myself laughing along with him. We were actually being civilized at the moment. Which delighted me more than I could ever show.

"She does have to meet Chase..."

"Yes. But is that what we were actually talking about?"

"No..."

"All right then."

"Sorry. But I got side-tracked. This is too much to handle you know...too much..." AJ whispered as he stared into those sapphire eyes of mine, the ones that drove the boys wild. Nastasia said so.

"Too much?" I asked, feeling a little air-headed. I wanted him to explain to me, the things I needed to hear. The things he needed to say to make me feel better. God, I just wanted him.

"Yes, cause I feel like a fool." AJ moaned.

"Why?"

"Because I made a mistake about letting you leave. And I made the mistake of kicking you out, I should of listened. And if I would of listened to you I would of spared us the heartache...And Chase's heartache too..." He answered, his sexy brown eyes dimming with saddness again. He was so serious about these things, I found myself thinking about just reaching over and kissing him.

"There could still be an us AJ...I still love you..." I found myself choking out. I felt the tears trickling down my face as AJ gave me a sincere smile.

"Right now...we need to think about these things. I need to sort things out in my head... Just give us time, cause I know I'll come back." AJ said sincerly as he placed a loving kiss upon my forehead.

"DADDY C'MERE! PONTA DUST KICKED CHARZARD IN BUTT!!!" Chase yelled loudly. I saw AJ smile softly as he stood up and walked back to the room, going to the aid of his son. And hopefully, within a few days he'd be coming back to me.