- Text Size +
Chapter 4:

Later that day Nastasia came by to pick Chase up for a little one on one time with him. She insisted she stay to talk about our plans for tomorrow night. She was clearly excited, not even dancing could wear that girl out. God, I was envious.

"So, where are you taking my son today?" I asked as Nastasia arrived from practice. Not a hair was out of place in her long golden pony-tail, her blue tank-top ironed to perfection with a pair of khaki floods. She was so beautiful, even after a hard practice.

"Out for a swing at the park, then off for some ice cream." Nastasia answered as Chase ran back to her with his shoes. Tugging hard on her floods so she would place them on his tiny toes.

"So you're going to put him on a sugar high for me Staz?"

"Aunt Staz! Shoes...my feet! Dow!" He ordered impatiently, crinkling his little nose as his brown eyes turned firery.

"Who are you Homer Simpson?" Nastasia laughed as she placed the shoes on his feet, he gave her a kiss for a thank you, "Yes, he'll be on a sugar high, just for you sweetheart."

"Don't do me any favors." I replied blandly as I walked her out to her purple jeep. On the sides of her jeep was the silver script reading "Staz". I thought it was a sweet touch to the car.

"So, is mom going to babysit little Chazzie tomorrow night?" Nastasia asked sweetly as she placed Chase in the carseat she had made into her car for Chase. I knew she was reffering to my mother, we always called each other's mothers "mom". It was tradition between us.

"Yeah, mom thinks I should get out more. So, she agreed to keep him the WHOLE night, that way if we're out late I won't have to worry." I said, finding myself actually smiling. Nastasia always did that to me.

"Awesome, we can hit that local club I've been DYING to show you!" Nastasia squealed as Chase clapped his hands, knowing Nastasia was happy so he had to be. Her ocean eyes twinkled with mischief as she kissed my cheek.

"I don't need you to show me up in dancing while we're out Staz. It's bad enough that you can, but in front of Bri? NO!" I moaned, teasing her as she pouted.

"Mommy say yes! Aunt Staz no sad!" Chase ordered, hating to see Nastasia so upset. I felt myself laugh again, they were an irrsistable pair!

"We'll go, just so you can dance close with Howie." I teased further, making Nastasia blush at the sound of his name.

That was the one guy who could make Nastasia weak in the knees. Usually she had the power over guys, but I guess the tables had turned on her. She promised herself after my horrid breakup with AJ that she wouldn't fall in love herself. But somehow I could see her falling, and that would kill her.

"Shut-up Laurie. Howie's a friend!" Nastasia hissed as Chase laughed and played with the blocks that Nastasia had bought for him, one of many gifts.

"More like bed buddies!" I teased.

"SHUT UP!" Nastasia laughed loudly as she gunned the engine, taking off into the sunset. I laughed and sighed happily, going back to my house. But, instead of finding peace in my topsy-turvy world, I found the phone ringing. Life was never quiet. Not for me anyway!