- Text Size +
Chapter 41:

" Afternoon JJ! 'Bout time you get that butt of yours out of bed, " Nastasia laughed as A.J staggered down the stairs and into the living-room, I followed close behind. Almost instantly after he had taken a seat in the recliner chair, Chase ran over to him and hoped on his lap.

" Funny Stazzie, " A.J retorted with a grin. " Hey Chasers... " He placed a kiss on his son's head and ruffled his hair.

" You feelin' better J? Because we have a small rehersal to go to this afternoon, " Howie asked, placing his arm around Nastasia. I fell into a daze as I watched him do that and I felt the jealousy rage in me again. I longed so much to have A.J's arms around me again, to have him hold me again like he used to.

" Me come too? " Chase asked excitedly.

" Of course, if your Mommy's gonna go. You gonna come Laurie? " I heard A.J ask me. I blinked several times, realizing everyone was looking at me.

" Go where? " I asked confusidely.

" To our rehearsal - you don't have to come if you don't want to, but, I'd really like it if you did, " A.J replied truefully as he smiled at me.

" Alright, I guess I'll come... " I managed to say, smiling myself.

*****

" You and your two left feet keep throwing me off, Frack! " Brian joked, as him and Nick practiced a few dance moves while Kevin lounged in one of the chairs. They were still waiting for everyone to arrive.

" Do you think it's maybe because you just don't know the moves, Frick? " Nick retorted.

" Me not know the moves? Ha! You're funny man, " Brian laughed sarcastically.

" So it's true huh? "

" No, cause I know the moves better then you. You just don't want to admit it, you can't dance Frack! "

" Quit talking about yourself Bri, " Nick joked. " Yo, what's that up there? " he asked seriously, pointing up towards the ceiling.

" What's what? " Brian asked looking upward.

" Nothin' syke! " Nick yelled and tackled Brian to the ground. The two began to wrestle around on the ground.

" Get off me man! " Brian said.

" Not until you admit I'm a better dancer then you! " Nick demanded with a grin.

" Never! " Brian pushed Nick to the side of him and tried to move away, but Nick quickly recovered and the two went back to wrestling, Kevin looking at them with a look of annoyance on his face. He shook his head and took a drink from his water bottle.

" The Bone man is in da house! " A.J sang out as we all walked through the doors. I couldn't help but laugh at the sense of humor he had. As soon as I did, he turned around and gave me a grin. " You laughing at me? "

" Uh...no, it was uh...Stazzie! " I quickly said.

A.J gave me a wierd look and motioned to the two people behind me, which happened to be Nastasia and Howie. The two were engaged in a long kiss. " I don't think she had time to laugh... " he said with a smirk.

" Look who finally decides to show up! " Kevin called from up on stage. " The whole motley crew! " he added in a sarcastic tone with a smile.

" It's great to see you too Kevin, " A.J retorted as he climbed onto the stage and hoisted Chase up there from my arms. " What's with tweedle Dumb and tweedle Dumber? "

" Ignore them, " Kevin laughed. " Hey there Chase. "

" Hey Big Bow! " Chase squealed, running up to Kevin.

" Big Brow huh? " A.J laughed. Kevin just shrugged his shoulders.

I stood there silently, feeling uncomfortable. I felt out of place there, I didn't know why. Looking back over my shoulder, I noticed Howie and Nastasia still engaged in their kiss. " Break it up you two! " I yelled with a laugh, breaking my silent mood.

Brian pulled himself away from his and Nick's wrestling match and stood up, his face all red. " Lauren?! "

I felt the smile creep across my face. It was always great to see Brian and he could always brighten my day and put a smile on my face. " Hey Bri Bear! " I replied, making my way up onto the stage and was met by a big brotherly hug.

" D didn't tell me you were coming. "

" No one ever does. I'm just not loved, " I pouted jokingly.

" That ain't true. I love you! " Brian said.

" So do I! " Nick chimed in, running up to me.

" Back off Frack, she's mine! " Brian said, putting his arm around me protectively.

" AHEM! " A.J cleared his throat loudly. I looked at him questioningly.

" B-wok! B-wok! " Chase yelled running up to Brian and tackling him.

Brian fell to the ground. " Dang J, you got a strong 3 year old! " he laughed tickling Chase, making him burst out in giggles. A.J grinned proudly.

" I'm almost dis many! " Chase stated, holding up four of his tiny fingers.

" Enough of the chit chat, because we're already running behind schedule. Fatima's gonna have a fit if we ain't workin' when she gets back, so let's get to rehearsin', " Kevin said in a stern tone.

A round of sarcastic groans filtered throughout the place.

" Remember what the Doc said JJ. Don't over work yourself. If you get dizzy, take a break, " Nastasia said as they all got in their places.

" Yes Mother, " A.J retorted sarcastically and grinned as Nastasia stuck her tounge out at him. I felt myself want to rage with jealously, but I silently calmed myself, knowing that it would only result in another fight, and that was far from anything I wanted at the moment.