- Text Size +
Chapter 43:

" Get on track! Brian and Nick, pay attention, especially you Nick, cause it's harder when you have two left feet! " Kevin ordered as they stopped for what seemed like the hundreth time.

I watched as A.J took in a few deep breaths, already looking extremely exhausted. I held in the urge to ask him if he was alright, deciding just to keep my mouth shut.

" Ok let's start again, " Kevin once again ordered as someone started up the music again.

" You ok JJ? " I heard Nastasia call out through the music. I fixed my attention on A.J and realized he wasn't as on track as the others were. He only nodded in response and picked up his pace, trying to keep up, but that only proved to be a mistake.

" Shit! J! " Howie yelled. I looked at A.J just as he collapsed to the ground and the music abruptly stopped. My heart skipped a beat and I jumped up from my seat without second thought. I rushed onto the stage and over to where everyone was huddled around A.J.

" A.J? A.J, wake up sweetie, " I coaxed, gently shaking his shoulder.

" Daddy no wake up! Why no Daddy wake up?! " Chase cried, already in hysterics.

" C'mon A.J, " I whispered, still shaking his shoulder.

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked up at everyone dazed and confused. " W-what happened? " he asked quietly bringing his free hand up to his sweaty forehead.

" You passed out JJ, " Nastasia said worridly, reaching out her hand to help him into the sitting position. This time I didn't glare at her, I just watched, I knew how worried she was for him.

A.J greatfully took hold of Nastasia's hand and sat up, then made his way into the standing position, stumbling at first. " Thanks Stazzie... "

" No problem. I think we should all take a break, " Nastasia said looking around at everyone and seeing them all shake their heads in agreement. " Especially you, JJ. "

" No, I'm fine now. Let's continue... " A.J said wearily, not sure of his own words.

" No A.J, Staz is right. You need to take a break, " I said caringly, the expression on my face letting him know I was truely worried about him.

" Fine, I guess... " A.J replied and looked over to see Chase still crying and trying to be comforted by Brian. " Awww Chasers, it's ok buddy. I'm ok... " He took his son into his arms for a loving hug.

" Ok guys, we need to start talking about our final plans for
touring, " Kevin stated as they pulled chairs out onto the stage.

" When do we head off? " Nick asked, dabbing at the back of his neck with a towel.

" In a week, " Kevin replied. " That's why we really need to buckle down and get the dance routines right. "

" What?! We're leaving in a week? " A.J asked, his eyes widening.

" Yeah, why you actin' so surprised? " Kevin asked with a laugh.

" Oh...uh...no reason, " A.J said quietly, a dissappointed look on his face.

"Sure, no reason at all." Nick snickered as we all sat on the floor. Chase climbed into Nastasia's lap, which surprised me a bit. But he did love her, so I guess it shouldn't of surprised me too much.

"Fine. I just wanted to spend more time with Chasers. Okay?" AJ replied, a bit irritated with Nick's tone. I watched a look of confusion flood Chase's face.

"Whered daddy goin'?" He asked, his big brown eyes staring questioningly at Nastasia. She looked to AJ for help, but he had his eyes closed.

"Daddy and Aunt Stazzie are leaving for awhile Chazzie." Nastasia started off carefully. Chase looked up at her again, I knew it would get pretty ugly. But I silently loved putting Nastasia in that spot. Although I hated to think of it.

"Whered?"

"Europe...Spain...UH...South America...the US...Canada..."

"How long?"

"About four to five months...maybe longer...I'm not sure Chazzie..."

"Owdie go too?" Chase asked as tears began to fill his dark eyes. I saw Nastasia wince in pain.

"We're all going..."

"WHY?!" Chase began to wail, "Me no like daddy and Aunt Stazzie and Owdie to leave!!!"

"Chazzie!!!" Nastasia whimpered, she hated when children cried. I looked at her smugly as AJ crouched around the two and placed his arms around them. Then my jealousy raged.

"How 'bout Chazzie and your mommy come too? Would you like that? Flying in a big airplane, eating junk food? Partying with Daddy and Auntie Stazzie?" AJ asked suddenly. Everyone saw my eyes bug out as I stared at the two. Nastasia gave a weak attempt at a grin.

"We GO?" Chase asked as he hugged his father tight.

"Ask your mommy." AJ grinned.

"MOMMY MOMMY!!! PLEASD!!!! CAN WE GOED?" Chase asked running to me with a big smile on his face, his brown eyes twinkling like two big jems.

How could I say no?