- Text Size +
Chapter 44:

I found myself at Nastasia's house for the next week. We were hussling around and getting ready for our long trip. I was going for a vacation, and a possible reconciliation with AJ. Nastasia was going to work.

We had avoided our fight for that whole week. I knew Nastasia was denying the fact that we had a fight to begin with. But it was starting to reflect on her actions towards AJ, which made me a bit weary. I thought AJ might bring it up sooner or later. I hoped later.

"Chase Alexander! Where is Pooh Bear?! You know we're leaving in half an hour?!" I heard Nastasia call from upstairs in Chase's "bedroom" at her house. All the guys were there lounging about while Nastasia packed.

"Pooh Bear in my arms!" Chase called up the stairs as Nastasia groaned loudly. I heard her running down the steps with his little suitcase packed full of toys. She said he needed them for the road.

"You're such a brat...Like your dad!" Nastasia groaned as she stared back at Chase, who gave her a little whimper. He looked at Pooh Bear, then back to his Aunt.

"Pooh was loned by himself...He want Aunt Stazzie, but Aunt Stazzie say no...So me pickd him up so hed get kiss by Aunt Stazzie." Chase whimpered as he held the little bear up as Nastasia picked him up and planted a kiss on both his and the bear's nose.

"You're just like your dad..." She laughed as Chase wiggled down and jumped into Howie's arms. He had gotten very close to Howie since he had spent so much time with Nastasia. Sometimes I got worried about them.

"Come here and sit with me if he's so like me and give me a kiss." AJ called playfully as he flirted a bit with Nastasia.

I felt the jealousy rage again as she made her way over. She was about halfway there when she stopped, pivoted, looked at me glaring at her, then laid on the carpet. Surprising AJ. "Stazzie?"

"When we leaving?" She asked, avoiding his question. AJ stood up and moved to grab a drink. I could see the hurt in his eyes, which made me sick.

"Right now I suppose." Howie answered as he gave an odd look to me. I knew that he knew what was going on with Nastasia. That made me sick also.

"Alright..." Nastasia sighed as she sat up and glanced at AJ coming out of the kitchen. He gave her a weak attempt at a smile, she gave him a shy smile back.

"Can I have a hug before we go?" He asked as Chase ran beside AJ and Nastasia.

"Hug Daddy!" He ordered his Aunt. I turned away to go outside, I jumped in the car, knowing what would happen.

"Fine." Nastasia laughed wryly as she placed her arms around AJ and hugged him tightly. He hugged back.

"Thanks Stazzie. I needed it. I don't know why you're acting so funny, but I'll get my friend back...sometime...I hope..." He whispered.

"No problem...I suppose." She shrugged as she walked away with another frown upon her face. She felt horrible as she looped her arm with Howie's. Somehow, she wished that Lauren would get better. That way she could have her best friend back.