- Text Size +
Chapter 45:

I sat in the tourbus, a book laying in my lap. I noticed that AJ was playing with Chase on the floor. Nastasia and Howie were in the back, playing seven mintues in heaven, even though it had gone on longer.

I saw the lifelessness in AJ's eyes and softened as he stood up. Nastasia had come out to grab a drink, but never once looked at AJ. I saw his eyes dim in anger and sadness as he stomped off to the back of the bus. I knew I was in trouble.

" You busy D? " A.J asked entering the back part of the bus.

" Not at the minute, but - "

" Good, cause I need to talk to you, " A.J said, cutting him off in mid-sentence.

" Ok, what about bro? "

" It's about Lauren... "

Howie looked surprised. " Um, what about her J? "

" Well, you've noticed how all of a sudden Stazzie's giving me the cold shoulder, right? "

" Yeah... "

" I think it has something to do with Lauren...Has Stazzie told you anything? " Howie didn't answer. " Yo D? "

" I-I don't know...J... "

A.J sighed in deep frustration, being able to tell that his friend was lying to him as if to keep whatever he knew a secret. " Damnit D, I know you know something, so tell me. I want to know what's goin' on! "

Howie sighed. " Fine, I guess you ought to know if you're that
curious. "

" Damn straight, now tell me... "

" I was talkin' to Staz last night and she brought up the fact that her and Laur had been fighting all week. She's pretty stressed about
it... "

" What's that have do with the fact of her giving me the cold
shoulder? "

" You're the reason they're fighting... "

That statement caught him offguard and he was suprised by what Howie said. " Me?! What? Why? "

" I don't exactly know. All she said was that her and Laur got in an argument about her being so close to you and Lauren saying something that she was jealous. I don't know, but Staz just doesn't want to start anything so that's why she's been acting cold around you. "

A.J could feel the anger boiling inside him. How could Lauren act like that? Her and Staz were supposed to be best friends and that's how she was treating her? Because she was jealous? That just made him even more angery. " Thanks D, I appreciate it... "

" Um, no problem J... " Howie answered as Nastasia entered into the back.

A.J began making his way back up towards the front where the kitchen/lounging area was, where Lauren had last been. He needed to have a talk with her, he knew he needed to set things straight.

I looked up from the book I was reading, feeling a presence about me, and met eyes with A.J. His face was red with anger and I knew he was mad, worse yet, I knew he was mad at me.

" Sometimes I don't even understand you... " he began in a creepy, low voice.

" What are you talking about? " I asked, feeling my blood run cold. I didn't like the evil glare he was giving me one bit.

" You giving Staz crap is what I'm talking about! "

" E-excuse me? "

" Because of you, she won't talk to me, let alone come near me without having to worry about you. What the hell are you trying to do? Ruin our friendship? "

I could feel my face turn red with heat as A.J's words processed in my brain. " A.J, I - "

" No! Just back off and stop being so frickin' selfish! " With that, he stormed off towards the bunk area. As his last harsh words rung in my ears, the salty hot tears began to spill down my flushed cheeks. All I could do was sit there and cry.